Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2008 Titan and I am having starting issues. The battery and alternator are fine.
It will crank but wont turn over. For example, Saturday morning I tried to start it 4-5 times and it would crank and not turn over then a few hours later I tried again and it started fine. Sunday it wouldn't start again cranking but not turning over. A few hours later I jumped it off with another car, as soon as the jumper cables were attached it started right up.
Where do I troubleshoot now? Ignition switch? If so where can I get diagrams for the ignition switch? Thank you!

·
Registered
232 Posts
How old is the battery and have you load tested it? These trucks kill batteries every few years. More than likely your problem before you jump into wiring

·
Registered
2,942 Posts
^^^^. If the battery's more than a couple years old try dropping in a new one before you do anything. Had similar issues with my wife's car, removed the starter, tried a bunch of stuff, battery was reading good voltage. Replaced the battery it started right up.

·
Premium Member
20,942 Posts
If the battery isn't the problem then check the ECU relay. Swap it with the foglight relay for a test.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have a 2008 Titan and I am having starting issues. The battery and alternator are fine.
It will crank but wont turn over. For example, Saturday morning I tried to start it 4-5 times and it would crank and not turn over then a few hours later I tried again and it started fine. Sunday it wouldn't start again cranking but not turning over. A few hours later I jumped it off with another car, as soon as the jumper cables were attached it started right up.
Where do I troubleshoot now? Ignition switch? If so where can I get diagrams for the ignition switch? Thank you!
I had the same problem. I think it is in the chip that is in the key.
I hit lock unlock again and it started right up. Hope this helps.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts