Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Evening all,

Having to some issues that maybe someone can shed some light on.

Truck Details:
2009 CC
2WD
38K miles

Started out with my SES light coming on - OBDII code = p1421 - see service manual, so I took the truck by the dealer to let them take a look at it (on a Friday, bad mistake), and after they had it for about 6 hours, I get a call saying that during the re-flash of the ECM something went horribly wrong and now my ECM is toast. They have to order the part and it will be in on Monday, and replaced under warranty. So on the Monday I go to pick up my truck, pay the $80 for diagnostic, and drive my T home.

Today, 4 days later, I come out of work (T has been sitting in the parking lot for 9 hours), fire up the truck and my damn SES light is back on. I swing by Advance Auto Parts on the way home, and they hook up their code scanner. which shows nothing but "Link Error" each time the guys try to read the code.

Any of you seen anything like this before?

I'm taking the truck into the dealer again on Thursday to have the Fuel Sending Unit replaced under recall, but I'm not really comfortable driving the truck with the SES light on, so will probably have to reschedule the service for earlier.

Thanks in advance for any light you guys can shed on this. Getting aggravated with this thing already and only had it since April.

G

·
Registered
2,383 Posts
. which shows nothing but "Link Error" each time the guys try to read the code.

Any of you seen anything like this before?
that's about the only part i've seen before.
my truck has been throwing a p0300 code, and dealer couldn't figure it out, sometimes when they hook up the C3 to it, it says "link Error" ended up giving me a new ECM. just got the truck back today, going to see how it runs for the next few days.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the info. I've changed my service appt. to Monday, so I guess we'll just have to wait and see what they find.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So, according to the dealer, the SES light was on due to the fuel sending unit needing to be replaced, but they couldn't explain the link error coming up.

Said that once they replaced the sending unit the SES light went away with no further work needed.

Probably be back at the dealer next week, but for now everything appears fine.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I got a 07 titan and got several codes thrown. I bought it last week and don't want to damage anything if possible. It is throwing code U1000, B2573, P0420, P1721, and P1564. I have also had it to crank and not start like no power or gas to the plugs, then turn off wait like 3-5 minutes and it starts right up. Then they have been a few times that the truck would shutter a few times like it is losing gas and then picking it up, but the rpm don't go up and down. Lastly, sometimes it has a bad odor when you start it like rotten eggs or something, but overall runs great. Just seeing if this could be the IPDM, or multiple issues? Any help be truly appreciated!!! Again a 2007 titan king cab 4x4 with only 106k miles

1 - 6 of 6 Posts