Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It seems to me that the majority of issues I'm seeing on this board are requarding options and accessories. I know my three problems are options. My seat moving, the radio, and the bug deflector were not a part of the SE package, just part of an options package or added on. It seems the more options on the truck, the more issues arise. I've been hearing problems with tow mirrors vibrating, bed peeling, RF radio problems, electric seats moving, DVD player, etc.

Makes me glad I didn't get the LE. More options, more problems.
Once again don't take this as being critical of this great truck. This is a great machine that I have been waiting for since 2000, when I bought a Tundra because Nissan didn't have any large vehicles.

Anybody have problems with the truck itself, such as the engine or tranny?

·
Registered
50 Posts
This only comes with the LE...

Just picked up my 4x4 LE KC, Big Tow, Off-Road, NAV, etc...

The seats move when they are supposed too, according to the owner's manual. My RF radio "fades" like everyone elses (called it in to NISSAN today ~ just to have another VIN on file for their records...). Other than that, the truck drives as advertised. Already have over 750 "work" miles on it in just one week. Now if I could get the NAV system to automatically operate the turn signals... LOL!

I have recently ordered an XM Receiver (own install) and haven't decided on the bug deflector... Once I get the paperwork from the dealer to the title office, I'll order personalized plates "I8AHEMI" to match my only other installed aftermarket option (see picture).

Enjoy whatever you buy... There isn't a bad TITAN out there! Some just have a few more frills than others...

Attachments

·
Registered
93 Posts
Knock on wood...

No major problems with my LE. The RF radio needs to be replaced but that's just a faulty product supplied to Nissan. No fading but acts as if the eject button is stuck. Otherwise sounds great! No probs with the seats, vibrating mirrors, et al. and I'm at ~750 miles myself. The hood protector / bug shield is a separate add-on for all of us - I believe - and it was extremely easy to install. Bedliner has bubbled in the middle however it's really not a major concern for me. I will bring it to my dealer's attention as I don't want water getting under it causing the entire liner to peel completely off.

I think most of the issues have been minor overall. It's when things that start to go wrong with the engine, tranny, warping rotors et al. that can happen to any of the Titan trim levels. This is an awesome truck that I think will give the other major players a run for their money!

:cheers:

·
Premium Member
17,123 Posts
"Bedliner has bubbled in the middle however it's really not a major concern for me. I will bring it to my dealer's attention as I don't want water getting under it causing the entire liner to peel completely off."

Not to mention rusting the hell out of the bed. This is a big concern for me.

·
Super Moderator
34,532 Posts
ChrisCakes said:
Just picked up my 4x4 LE KC, Big Tow, Off-Road, NAV, Once I get the paperwork from the dealer to the title office, I'll order personalized plates "I8AHEMI" to match my only other installed aftermarket option (see picture).

Your after market option, hey, whose are those anyway? :jester:

·
Registered
93 Posts
bestatchess said:
"Bedliner has bubbled in the middle however it's really not a major concern for me. I will bring it to my dealer's attention as I don't want water getting under it causing the entire liner to peel completely off."

Not to mention rusting the hell out of the bed. This is a big concern for me.
I assure it won't go that long without something being done.

:)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts