Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have an 04 titan and 3 lights keep coming on while i am driving the break light the vdc off light and slip light any one know what is going on?

·
Registered
12,754 Posts
From what I have read on here you may want to check your battery, and the battery connections.

·
Registered
6,373 Posts
If the brake fluid gets too low, there is a sensor that will trip a light. That same light can also warn you that the VDC/ABLS system may be de-activated...

If the fluid level is low and there are no leaks, you need brake pads. Start with that...

·
Registered
72 Posts
HudsonValleyTitan said:
Check your muffler bearings too while your at it! Brake fluid?...ROFLMAO...wow we have a real Nissan mechanic on our hands!
The VDC and SLIP system utilize the brakes to function. If there is an issue with the brakes, they will also give you a warning. The brake warning light does not only tell you that your parking brake is engaged but will also warn you if the fluid level is low.

By the way, I am not a Nissan mechanic, but I read the posts on Titan Talk every day. This makes me more informed than most Nissan mechanics in North America. This is not a new issue and has been discussed before.

·
Premium Member
92,554 Posts
HudsonValleyTitan said:
Check your muffler bearings too while your at it! Brake fluid?...ROFLMAO...wow we have a real Nissan mechanic on our hands!
Live and learn, HVT.... This exact thing happened to me when my front brake pads wore down enough. Fortunately, I had read on here what causes it and was not concerned. I didn't add more fluid to the brake reservoir as it would just need to come back out when I did the brakes. Replacement of the brakes, new full-thickness pads pushing the caliper pistons back, brought the fluid level back up where it needed to be. No more light.

Class dismissed.... :jester:

Now, about those muffler bearings..... :cheers:

·
Registered
72 Posts
HudsonValleyTitan said:
Oh crap! Don't I feel like an A-hole then! My apologies to you Titanguru.....looks like I need to pay more attention here...lol.
Don't sweat it. If it wasn't for this forum and guys like you, I would've got rid of my Titan long ago. With memebers here taking the time to explain what going on with our trucks, it made my life easier dealing with the dealer service department. I can't recall how many times I printed the fix for my dealer who did not know what's going on. The last one I had to print the Aux fan TSB for him because he said that he was not aware of any issues with the aux fan ratteling. :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts