Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Managed to ruin the factory bumper the other day with a tree...so now am finally starting the build of a new front bumper to match my rear....Ill post pics as I go, but for now here is the styling I will be trying to match...

Attachments

·
Registered
202 Posts
That looks good man! You build those yourself huh? Do you market them or just for your own personal use? Looking forward to "along the way" and/or finished pics!

·
Registered
34,397 Posts
That bumper looks great!

·
Registered
17,713 Posts
That's him. He's been gone awhile, good lookin stuff bro! Can't wait to see the new front bumper!

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks, it takes a fair amount of work I must say.

I have built this one as well as one other for my big tow equipped titan and I had built a baja roll pan and a regular roll pan out of 1/8" steel for my old titan without a hitch.

·
Registered
17,713 Posts
If you ever need a rig to test your parts on hit me up! :D

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That's him. He's been gone awhile, good lookin stuff bro! Can't wait to see the new front bumper!
Yep, I havent been on here much more than a few searches lately. My wife occupied the titan for the past 8 months as her vehicle...now we bought her a BMW 323i to keep her away from my T....:teethmast which means I get to start my projects.

·
Registered
2,673 Posts
looks real good...

·
Registered
785 Posts
nice. i think i remember your old titan with the roll pan

·
Registered
181 Posts
Man that thing looks good, I bet it would look good on my truck too ;).

·
Registered
14,137 Posts
Finally your back with a new project. Cant wait to see the new bumper.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I went ahead and set it up for a winch, so if I decide to buy one, it will bolt right on. It is mostly made out of 1/4" plate, with some 1/8th inch pieces that are non structural. The tubing is 1 5/8" 1026 HT DOM tubing with .188" wall.

I will post pics of the finished center section tonight, and maybe a little of the sides.

here are a few pics so far.... More to come...

Attachments

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
one more from tonight....the rest didn't come out good on the camera so I will have to take some more later. I am going to add some plate to the sides like I did on the rear bumper, and I am going to put a mesh behind the tubes to help protect the radiator. Other than that there are a couple more cosmetic pieces I plan to add, then I will be making supplemental mounts to reinforce the corners (like oem but beefier of course.)

Attachments

·
Registered
14,137 Posts
Clean work as usual. Looks good, not my style, but i still appreciate what your doin.

·
Registered
364 Posts
nice bumpers man :D
you have a gift

Reactions: brookgehle

·
Registered
390 Posts
Great work man! And even better, it looks like your doing it in your back yard. No big fancy shops, just good old fashion American know how and a little learn how as you go. Good stuff!

·
Registered
2,288 Posts
I really like it, and how you make it look close to factory. Youdont go all crazy and off the wall with bars sticking out.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Thanks for all the compliments. I think I am going to plate in the sides like I did on the rear bumper, and put light cutouts with some 4 inch lights...I just bought the mesh to put between/behind the tubes too.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts