Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,865 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, the time finally came last night when I went to go look at a new truck, and the dealer gave me a number I couldn't really refuse. Traded my 09' King Cab Pro4X for a 2020 RAM Rebel Crew Cab. I had been looking for a new truck for about a year because my toddler was basically sitting with his knees touching his chest unless I moved my passenger seat all the way forward. Guys, it was tough. My Titan had 158k miles on it, and I probably was in the driver seat for 157k of those. Took it home off the lot with 42 miles (the RAM had 41). I kept saying if it had been a Crew Cab I'd drive it for another 10 years as it had all the upgrades I wanted, but cabin space became more of a requirement than bed space at this point in my life. Other than manifolds, this truck has been a dream. Other than routine maintenance, I needed a front pinion seal at about 90k, a new radio at about 140k, and a new radiator that I just put in last week. Everything else was because I modified or messed up the truck in some way.

I'll still try to be active and give help when I can, this forum has been great even with my negative attitude toward Nissan's current direction. I was just disappointed with their current offerings, and when pricing came out for the 2020's I decided I wasn't going to wait another year to hope that they had a big sale on ones they didn't move off the lot.

I'll be posting a buy/sell thread for stuff that's left over that I managed to pull out of the truck or have sitting in my garage.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Keep us updated on your RAM. Some of us with older Titans are on the fence for the replacement. I am between RAM and F150 w/3.5 boost. I only have 208k miles on my '04 and not in a rush unless I crash or major failure happens. Then i have to go with my gut feeling

·
Registered
2,865 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
All I got so far. Haven't decided how far I'm going to get into modding it since I have a motorcycle now to keep me occupied. The stereo is super nice already, so I think just a few speaker upgrades will hold me over on that.

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
Sorry to see you trade the Titan, but understand. Hope your Ram treats you well. And thanks for all the help and advice over the years!

·
Registered
168 Posts
Congrats on the new truck. The 2019 RAM 1500 was the only other truck I seriously considered before getting my Titan. I was just afraid of first model year issues, and the couple hemi's i drove sounded really bad at idle. I read that the hemi tick is just something most people deal with but it really bothered me. Other than that, the truck was great. Comfortable, good power, good amenities, and good price.

·
Registered
2,865 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah with the 2020 prices on the Pro4X being bare minimum 60k (for leather, must have for me) on the site it kind of drove me away. Yeah I miss out on the 360 camera and cooled seats, but I spent less on the truck. Ended up getting about 18% off MSRP before trade in, and they gave me $8500 for my truck, which was better than what I thought I'd get. They probably made out like bandits on my truck, but that's the price you pay for not having to sell it yourself. I'll also spend less to upgrade the truck if I choose since aftermarket support is so much better.

I was actually thinking about the sound at idle this morning as I was loading the kids into it (I have remote start now!) and how much I really like it. To me it sounds like a really tame diesel. Different from the Titan, true, but I am a fan.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I'm in same boat. Dumping the '17 SL Crew Cab even though it's been decent. But the '20 prices are so f***ing stupid, I'm out. Going to RAM 1500. Sorry, but I can't support Nissan anymore with their current direction/leadership. It's an absolute joke unfortunately. Your RAM looks great!!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Congrats! You aren't the only one not happy with Nissan's current direction. I'm keeping my 2008 Titan SE CC SB going because I don't like the new Titans nor any other full sized truck on the market. Several things about the gen 1 Titans that made me want one are gone since the redesign in 2016. It looks like to me they redesigned the Titan to go after the Ford market which is not wise since Ford folks are Ford for life, like my dad and his dad. Anyway, gen 1 Titans are awesome and I feel your pain in giving it up but applaude you doing right for you growing family.

·
Registered
14,106 Posts
oh snap! congrats man. Is it the air ride one? you go 5.7 i'm guessing?

I'm on the fence of getting an eco diesel next year to downsize from my f250. depending on if i change careers. the new rams are SO NICE

·
Registered
2,865 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
No air ride, but yes 5.7. Not going to get a 1/2 ton with a V6. I didn't want to mess with the air ride, and lifting it is apparently a huge pain. If I towed a ton I would have thought about the diesel, but honestly I have no need for it. Like I said in another post, I'm more concerned with payload than towing capacity. Heaviest thing I'll tow is my cousin's Mastercraft X23 so it's like 7000 pounds tops.

I got the 12" screen, trailer brake controller, moonroof, spray in liner, blind spot/cross traffic warning. 12" screen, leather, and V8 were a must for me. Everything else that didn't come on the truck that I wanted I can upgrade down the road, including the 33 gallon tank and bed rails.

·
Registered
2,865 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I'm really happy with it so far. I miss that VK56 sound though. The back seat is just stupid. I had a big car seat and two 6 foot + guys sitting in the back, and they easily had room to relax. The first thing my son did when I put him in his car seat was stretch out his legs to try to hit the back of the front seat. He was about a foot short.

I just need the engine and trans to be as reliable as my Titan's. I don't want it to bite me in the *** after it hits 100k. One thing I noticed is because the engine bay is bigger I'll have more room to work. I loved the Titan's short hood, but trying to work in the engine bay was terrible. The RAM has about 4" of space between engine and radiator.

·
Registered
14,106 Posts
dang jelly of that 12" screen and leather. i also heard the air ride is a disaster if anything fails.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts