Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Super Moderator
34,511 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today was great. I got some lift time and was able to put on my Banks Monster Exhaust without any problem and show off my Titan as well. (See the Banks thread)

The Monster sounds sweet/mean and the Fuel Economy Screen on the NAV is already indicating longer periods in 20-30 range than previously over the same routes. Yippeee! :gunz:

This afternoon was horrible. Went for a drive to get a haircut and when I was done and exiting from the parking a lot, a young driver, not paying attention, backed up and hit my poor TITAN right above my new exhaust. Another 8" and he would have missed, dammit! :flamed:

His P.O.S. Mazda B2000 pick-up, having previous damage, sratched paint, rust, etc. suffered a busted left rear tail light assembly and added another scratch to the collection.

My TITAN got right rear bumper end dented & scratched, plastic cover scratched, right rear fender below the tailight scratched and dented, tail light assembly cracked but not broken out. :crying: Estimate given for repair is $1400.00 :eek2:

Fortunately he is insured on his father's policy and we'll see how that turns out.

Can one be happy and bummed out at the same time????? :huh:

I guess it's a reeeeeal truck now! :)

37L1

Attachments

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
37L1 said:
Today was great. I got some lift time and was able to put on my Banks Monster Exhaust without any problem and show off my Titan as well. (See the Banks thread)

The Monster sounds sweet/mean and the Fuel Economy Screen on the NAV is already indicating longer periods in 20-30 range than previously over the same routes. Yippeee! :gunz:

This afternoon was horrible. Went for a drive to get a haircut and when I was done and exiting from the parking a lot, a young driver, not paying attention, backed up and hit my poor TITAN right above my new exhaust. Another 8" and he would have missed, dammit! :flamed:

His P.O.S. Mazda B2000 pick-up, having previous damage, sratched paint, rust, etc. suffered a busted left rear tail light assembly and added another scratch to the collection.

My TITAN got right rear bumper end dented & scratched, plastic cover scratched, right rear fender below the tailight scratched and dented, tail light assembly cracked but not broken out. :crying: Estimate given for repair is $1400.00 :eek2:

Fortunately he is insured on his father's policy and we'll see how that turns out.

37L1
damn your sig looks good wish i had mine :jester: anyways sorry to hear i was really upset when i saw the cat climbing up the hood on mine and would have killed it if i could have caught it :jester: very sorry to hear that your baby was damaged hopefully you will get it fixed

·
Registered
104 Posts
To quote the former president, "I feel your pain". I have had a lot of cars that were just mechanical, but I hate to see a Titan get hurt. Especially an OLD one like yours! :)

·
Registered
109 Posts
And you didn't try to kill 'im. Bummer!! Always hate getting that first scratch, dent, etc. I have been parking so far from the stores that I have to carry a lunch just to get back. Good luck on the repair.

·
Premium Member
17,093 Posts
Very, very sorry to hear this. Be sure to use a tip top shop and don't let the insurance company push you into a substandard repair.

I live in fear on a daily basis. There is this real ditzy chick in a little blue POS that seems to be following me around the parking lot at work. She has already smashed into a couple of other cars in the lot and driven herself over the edge of a retaining wall, requiring a tow truck extraction. The little blue POS has the remaining shards of plastic panels hanging off at every corner. She is the type of accident-prone chick that will trip and almost fall a couple of times if she has to walk 50 yds. If I get to work early, she parks next to me. If I arrive after her and park 150 yards away, she goes out for lunch and then parks next to me. I am about to have a nervous breakdown, fearing that any day I will come out to find a big dent and blue paint. I just hope that I can show as much restraint as you should that unfortunate event come to pass. Otherwise it is going to look like one of those monster truck shows.

·
Super Moderator
34,511 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
bestatchess said:
Very, very sorry to hear this. Be sure to use a tip top shop and don't let the insurance company push you into a substandard repair.

I live in fear on a daily basis. There is this real ditzy chick in a little blue POS that seems to be following me around the parking lot at work. She has already smashed into a couple of other cars in the lot and driven herself over the edge of a retaining wall, requiring a tow truck extraction. The little blue POS has the remaining shards of plastic panels hanging off at every corner. She is the type of accident-prone chick that will trip and almost fall a couple of times if she has to walk 50 yds. If I get to work early, she parks next to me. If I arrive after her and park 150 yards away, she goes out for lunch and then parks next to me. I am about to have a nervous breakdown, fearing that any day I will come out to find a big dent and blue paint. I just hope that I can show as much restraint as you should that unfortunate event come to pass. Otherwise it is going to look like one of those monster truck shows.
I'll have Guido have a little talk wit her! :jester:

Attachments

·
Registered
727 Posts
Oh-man.. that can put a damper on your day.. Sorry to hear.

Hammer in hand, I'm going to just get this out of the way myself so I don't get worked up for when it does happen.

·
Super Moderator
34,511 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Optimist said:
Oh-man.. that can put a damper on your day.. Sorry to hear.

Hammer in hand, I'm going to just get this out of the way myself so I don't get worked up for when it does happen.
LMAO :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

You made me feel better! Thanks Optimist. . . . . The first strike doctorine!

Attachments

·
Registered
359 Posts
Oh man, I hate to hear that, 37L1...another example of crappy things happening to good people...just hold the thought that your beautiful Titan will soon be good as new...I know your Banks Monster Exhaust is B-A-D to the bone...hang in there, buddy...

·
Registered
497 Posts
ouch, glad to hear his pops has insurance. hope everything goes smoothly, gl.

·
Registered
429 Posts
37L1 said:

37L1
Sorry to hear that 37L1. I hope everything goes well with the repair. This my first ever brand new vehicle and I dread the day that will happen to me which in due time will happen to the majority of us. That's one of my new fears ever since I got this truck. Now the wife wants to go on a family vacation to Disneyworld for two weeks and I don't really want to go because I don't know how I'm going to be able to handle not being with my truck! But I can't tell her that or she may tell me to get out and go live with the truck.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Sorry 37L1, I wanted to hear more news on the exhaust but will wait until your truck is fixed.

But I can't tell her that or she may tell me to get out and go live with the truck.

As for above, worse things could happen. :jester:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts