Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought this 2017 titan xd in Mar/20 and in the 2nd week of november 2021, it started to randomly vibrate. A constant,high frequency vibration that starts around 60km/h( 40mph-ish) . I've read a few different threads on a few different forums, and I've read everything from wheel bearings, tranny mounts, body mounts, bad driveline, bad tires. But I've only read a few that actually resolved the problem. I asked a diesel performance guy that seems knowledgeable with cummins motors says its probably the vibration damper on the crank. Is that a thing? Can anyone offer any insight?

·
Registered
2017 titan sv 4x4 with tech, convinience, tow, navigation, and Texas packages
4,331 Posts
If the vibration dampener is going bad, you can get bad vibrations and other issues. It's been a bunch of years since one was bad that I have seen in person so I can't remember exactly the problems my buddy had on his diesel but I do remember vibes.

You can look at it check if it's cracked up in the middle from the hub outwards and see if you grab it and try to move it, what happens. I think you shouldn't be able to move it, if I remember right

1 - 2 of 2 Posts