Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
12,754 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Finally got it out. My wife drove the truck, and I drove the tractor. She barely even let the strap get tight. It probably would have drove out by itself with all the stuff I put under the tires. Here are some pics. You can see where the skid plate, and the rear end where sitting.

Attachments

·
Registered
12,754 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
And a few more, in the last pic you can see how high the airbags lift the back of the truck. That is only with 60psi.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
59,069 Posts
Although I've found the posts enjoying to read, I know you're very happy. Glad to see its out and the ordeal is over.

·
Registered
12,754 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Quartz said:
Although I've found the posts enjoying to read, I know you're very happy. Glad to see its out and the ordeal is over.
I am glad that I was able to bring just a little joy into your life.:cheers:

·
Registered
2,518 Posts
well that's great to hear and I too had fun reading the posts....just glad its not me out there in 47F weather all wet and muddy.

i'd say it's time for new tires and I'll be glad to take those off your hands for some smoke shows....

·
Registered
12,754 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
RB's Titan said:
well that's great to hear and I too had fun reading the posts....just glad its not me out there in 47F weather all wet and muddy.

i'd say it's time for new tires and I'll be glad to take those off your hands for some smoke shows....
No thanks, the tires are actually pretty new. They are barely even worn, but that doesn't help when there is no weight on them because the frame is on the ground. I would like to see your truck with some 295/70/17's on the back though. But not bad enough to waste 700 bucks.

·
Registered
14,534 Posts
have you washed and waxed it yet?:teethmast

·
Registered
12,754 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ecmeyla said:
have you washed and waxed it yet?:teethmast
It is still only 43 degrees out, it is supposed to get to 58 today. I will wash it later, probably won't wax it. It is a farm truck, and doesn't get cleaned as often as it should.

·
Registered
12,754 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
titanss said:
Like the old saying goes if you fall off a horse..... This time hit it about 40 mph. LOL
Or don't stop to take some pics, keep going.

·
Registered
12,754 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
FourDoor said:
LMAO :teeth:

Glad you got her out in one piece.
Thanks, I don't see any new damage. But I haven't washed her yet either.

·
Registered
691 Posts
ok...kids remember 4 wheel drive is our friend

so remember use it (not after you get stuck but before)
and enjoy the ride

glad you got her out

·
Registered
12,754 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Rick Guess said:
ok...kids remember 4 wheel drive is our friend

so remember use it (not after you get stuck but before)
and enjoy the ride

glad you got her out
I just went and tried to play some more, but the ground is drying out fast. Even tried 2wd again, and it went right through. Of course I didn't go through the ruts I was stuck in, the are still full of the metal and stuff I put in there. I will get them out when the water is gone.

·
Registered
41,353 Posts
LOL no wonder you were stuck! nice skid plate imprint! gald to see you go it out!!

·
Registered
12,754 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
konigfritz said:
LOL no wonder you were stuck! nice skid plate imprint! gald to see you go it out!!
Yeah, if you look real good you can see where the rear diff was sitting.

·
Registered
41,353 Posts
I noticed that! you're lucky you got it out with the tractor.

I'm still laughing, thanks for the cheap entertainment.

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
Helo,
If you were that deep that long... I wonder if it wouldn't be a good idea to check those troublesome axle vents? There are threads for a mod to keep water from leaking in, or mud cloging them up, which can lead to a rear end failure. Don't need that to remind you of the ordeal you just went through,lol
Keep the past in the past so to speak. How about some of the more mechanical members chiming in on this? Check the axle vents?
Congrats on freeing the truck safely Helo.

·
Premium Member
9,417 Posts
I love your mud!

Thanks for sharing what the Titan should be in!

I do recommend next time getting 4 foot perforated metal plating or sand ladders to help you get traction when you get into it again...

And keep doing it please:jester:

·
Registered
12,754 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Bootzon said:
Helo,
If you were that deep that long... I wonder if it wouldn't be a good idea to check those troublesome axle vents? There are threads for a mod to keep water from leaking in, or mud cloging them up, which can lead to a rear end failure. Don't need that to remind you of the ordeal you just went through,lol
Keep the past in the past so to speak. How about some of the more mechanical members chiming in on this? Check the axle vents?
Congrats on freeing the truck safely Helo.
Yeah, I thought about that. It is still under warranty for another 20k miles, so I am not to worried about it yet. I will check it though. Before my warranty goes out I will drain the fluid again, and if I see ANYTHING wrong they will replace my rear. It was already replaced at 12k miles.

I don't think the axle shaft was under water. The frame of the truck never let it dig deep enough for that. I will do the axle vent mod one of these days.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts