Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I always wondered how they came up with a model name like F-150. Then, it hit me. The "F" is short for fix or "needs fixing" , and the 150 is the number of times per year the vehicle needs to be fixed!!:jester:

·
Premium Member
141,094 Posts
I have Ford figured out too.
I don't own one anymore.

·
Registered
34,397 Posts
DeadRiver said:
i thought FORD was Fix OR Repair Daily

i've also heard "first on race day" but i like the first one better..
and another..............Flip Over and Read Directions!

·
Registered
199 Posts
Fix Or Repair Date or Dependable Return On Foot. I think Ford's are good truck, but I like messing with acronyms. :upsidedow Does anyone have one for Titan?

·
Registered
342 Posts
DeadRiver said:
haha yes, i knew i forgot one...

i don't mind ford either, i've always held a candle for the 7.3l turbo diesel w/ 5 speed manual
Only ford I'd buy is a powerstroke. Matter of fact, I haven't even seen a powerstroke on the side of the road yet...

·
Registered
3,239 Posts
Titan R said:
Only ford I'd buy is a powerstroke. Matter of fact, I haven't even seen a powerstroke on the side of the road yet...
You haven't looked very far. The 2003/04 PSD 6.0 engines were a major POS, and so far, have cost Ford millions of dollars in warranty costs. The engine is supplied by Navistar, and ongoing disputes between Ford and Navistar over the miliions of dollars Navistar owes Ford over those warranty repairs, led to Navistar shutting down production of the new 6.4 PSD Ford is using on 2008 SD's. The issue was resolved temporally by a Federal Court judge.

The first Ford 1/2 ton truck so designated was the F1, and was introduced in 1948. Because it was the first, the F stood for Ford and 1 for first. Prior to 1948, no Ford truck was listed as or called a 1/2 ton. The official name was "Light Truck." In 1953, F1 was changed to F100.

·
Premium Member
31,154 Posts
titan4740 said:
I got one for chevrolet
C heap
H eap
E very
V alve
R attles
O ut
L oud
E very
T ime
This is the old one for chebby---
C-Cracked
H-Head
E-Every
V-Valve
R-Rattles
O-Oil
L-Leak
E-Every
T-Time

·
Registered
342 Posts
BKW said:
You haven't looked very far. The 2003/04 PSD 6.0 engines were a major POS, and so far, have cost Ford millions of dollars in warranty costs. The engine is supplied by Navistar, and ongoing disputes between Ford and Navistar over the miliions of dollars Navistar owes Ford over those warranty repairs, led to Navistar shutting down production of the new 6.4 PSD Ford is using on 2008 SD's. The issue was resolved temporally by a Federal Court judge.

The first Ford 1/2 ton truck so designated was the F1, and was introduced in 1948. Because it was the first, the F stood for Ford and 1 for first. Prior to 1948, no Ford truck was listed as or called a 1/2 ton. The official name was "Light Truck." In 1953, F1 was changed to F100.
You are correct on that. I am up to date on that issue on the powerstrokes. I guess I should have worded better. I meant I'd buy the 7.3ps if I ever do decide to get one. Been looking at some very nice Platinum Editions around here.

·
Registered
3,239 Posts
Titan R said:
You are correct on that. I am up to date on that issue on the powerstrokes. I guess I should have worded better. I meant I'd buy the 7.3ps if I ever do decide to get one. Been looking at some very nice Platinum Editions around here.
Excellent choice...a friend has a F350 two car hauler. The 7.3 went 334,000 miles with minimum maintainance before a valve spring retainer broke. I found him another 7.3 with 200,000 miles, he installed it, it now has 250,000 miles.

Ford got excellent service from both the 6.9 and the 7.3. The 6.0's are unreliable, and so far, the 6.4's have had problems, and Ford is now only selling the V8 and V10's in 2008 SD's till the issues can be worked out. Did you hear about the flaming 6.4's yet? The perfect vehicle to bring to a weenie and marshmellow roast. Who needs a bar-b-que spit, just fire up the engine and hang around the exhaust pipe...but not too close!

·
Registered
342 Posts
BKW said:
Excellent choice...a friend has a F350 two car hauler. The 7.3 went 334,000 miles with minimum maintainance before a valve spring retainer broke. I found him another 7.3 with 200,000 miles, he installed it, it now has 250,000 miles.

Ford got excellent service from both the 6.9 and the 7.3. The 6.0's are unreliable, and so far, the 6.4's have had problems, and Ford is now only selling the V8 and V10's in 2008 SD's till the issues can be worked out. Did you hear about the flaming 6.4's yet? The perfect vehicle to bring to a weenie and marshmellow roast. Who needs a bar-b-que spit, just fire up the engine and hang around the exhaust pipe...but not too close!
The 7.3 can do wonders if you take real ggod care of them. My buddy has serviced 7.3s with over 500k miles on them. On the other hand about the new SDs, I wouldn't even think about paying for it. I'd rock another fully loaded Titan4x4LE/BT/OF on top of my current LE2wd:cheers:

·
Registered
223 Posts
My favorite:

F****ed over rebuilt Daihatsu

1 - 20 of 24 Posts