Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5,251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I will be using a floor jack and stands for safety. A couple people said the cross member under the trans was he place to lift, but another member said he bent the cross member doing it there. Is it best to just do 1 side at a time? That seemed to be the conclusion on the rear, but i never saw a difinitive answer on the front.

I couldnt find anything in the manual, and the search sucked. What thread doesnt have the words "lift, front, or jacking up" on a truck forum.

All im trying to do is make changing the oil easier on me. I have a roller and my gut doesnt clear the front axel anymore when i role under the T to drain the oil.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
4,339 Posts
U can put stands under the frame where it ends before the wheel well or u could just jack it up on one side there and be able to change oil. Some have arrow, but can't member if the T does.

Sent from Goree's iPhone using Autoguide

·
Registered
71 Posts
Two suggestions for you:

1. Rhino ramps. They're cheap and you just drive the front wheels of the truck up on them. The only issue I've ever had with them is that they will slide forward if your concrete is slick.

2. I jack up the front of my Titan by placing a floor jack just behind the jacking point (where the arrow is). I leave enough room for the jack stand to be placed directly under the arrow. After jacking it up, I place the jack stand under the arrow and lower the jack. Repeat for the other side.

·
Premium Member
46,438 Posts
I recommend a decent set of ramps for additional clearance, i use them all the time for anything that doesnt involve removing the tires but need to get under

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
i have always used the rear diff to jack up the rear and by cross member in the front(head mechanic at nissan told me to)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts