Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to Here's Fred's Toppers here in Jax, Florida to check on getting a fiberglass cover for my truck. He said Jason's would be available for it on the 20th and I can order now. I just want to make sure I choose correctly. The guy told me that Gaylord's Titan cover was recalled and that he gets a lot of people who come to him and want to trade their A.R.E. tonneau covers for the Jasons. He said the Jason lid would be around $800 not including labor. Does that sound like a true deal? Is Jason good quality? Thanks for any help guys.....

·
Registered
2,198 Posts
I'm getting an ARE tonneau in about 12 days. Whats wrong with the ARE's that people wanna dump them? Is it just for looks, cause the ARE tonneaus are EVERYWHERE here and alot of people talk real good about them.

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
FLfinfan said:
I'm getting an ARE tonneau in about 12 days. Whats wrong with the ARE's that people wanna dump them? Is it just for looks, cause the ARE tonneaus are EVERYWHERE here and alot of people talk real good about them.
Honestly, i have no idea-i can't answer your question. just curious which one is the best

·
Registered
272 Posts
Howie Kaluha said:
I went to Here's Fred's Toppers here in Jax, Florida to check on getting a fiberglass cover for my truck. He said Jason's would be available for it on the 20th and I can order now. I just want to make sure I choose correctly. The guy told me that Gaylord's Titan cover was recalled and that he gets a lot of people who come to him and want to trade their A.R.E. tonneau covers for the Jasons. He said the Jason lid would be around $800 not including labor. Does that sound like a true deal? Is Jason good quality? Thanks for any help guys.....
Check this website out.

www.autopartsauthority.com

They say they have a cover roll type. Here is a copy of our email exchange.

Hi there, does this prduct fit the Titan without removing the
> utili-track?
> Is it lockable? Thanks.
>
> 2004-2004
> Nissan Titan Tonneau Cover
>
> Brand: Pace Edwards $583.33
>
> Fits: Titan Jack Rabbit Manual Retractable
> Year Range: 2004-2004
> Application: Tonneau Cover
> Notes: Crew Cab
> Short Box, W/Standard Rails
>
> Shipping Options:
> Delivery Time is 3-7 Business Days
> Part # P77TR2017

Thank you for your request. If I may be of any assistance please let me
know.
Eric Bailey
1-800-458-0036
Sales Representative

I'm going to wait for the fold a cover!

·
Registered
64 Posts
Howie Kaluha said:
Honestly, i have no idea-i can't answer your question. just curious which one is the best
I've owned 2 A.R.E. lids in the past. The last one was on my 96 Dodge Ram that I traded in for my Titan last month. The paint was perfect in the 8 years I owned it. It sat in the Louisiana sun most of the time. Never leaked a drop. Never had an issue with it. The same applied to the one I had on my 91 Ford. Needless to say, I have one on order for my 04 Titan :) Should be here in a couple of weeks.

·
Registered
92 Posts
ARE is by far the nicest

Sportzfan said:
I've owned 2 A.R.E. lids in the past. The last one was on my 96 Dodge Ram that I traded in for my Titan last month. The paint was perfect in the 8 years I owned it. It sat in the Louisiana sun most of the time. Never leaked a drop. Never had an issue with it. The same applied to the one I had on my 91 Ford. Needless to say, I have one on order for my 04 Titan :) Should be here in a couple of weeks.
I put an ARE LSII series, with keyless entry, and Foss Liner....the paint match is absolutely flawless. That is part of the price is that they ask for your paint code. If you are not sure, I am sure you have a Titan brochure, the code is listed by the exterior colour name. I attached a pic of mine, and I and everyone else says it looks fantastic, same thing, no leaks, and fits well with the utilitrak system.

Hope this helps....

gb

Attachments

·
Registered
160 Posts
casique said:
Check this website out.

They say they have a cover roll type. Here is a copy of our email exchange.

Hi there, does this prduct fit the Titan without removing the
> utili-track?
> Is it lockable? Thanks.
>
> 2004-2004
> Nissan Titan Tonneau Cover
>
> Brand: Pace Edwards $583.33
>
> Fits: Titan Jack Rabbit Manual Retractable
> Year Range: 2004-2004
> Application: Tonneau Cover
> Notes: Crew Cab
> Short Box, W/Standard Rails
>
> Shipping Options:
> Delivery Time is 3-7 Business Days
> Part # P77TR2017

Thank you for your request. If I may be of any assistance please let me
know.
Eric Bailey
1-800-458-0036
Sales Representative

I'm going to wait for the fold a cover!
I went to their website and it had in the tech notes field the following:

Tech REQUIRES REMOVAL OF FACTORY INSTALLED SLIDING TIE DOWN BARS.

I would make sure before ordering that it will in fact work with the Utili-track system. The email that the guy sent did not address that question.

·
Registered
2,198 Posts
I looked at a tonneau called a "Tri-Glas" also but went with the ARE LSII. I will have it installed in about 11 days. Have heard nothing but good about ARE tonneaus, people in my hood also have them and I picked their brains about ARE quality. Glad I got the one I did. can't wait to see it on the truck. They said it would come with alittle thing of touch up paint also.

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
FLfinfan said:
I looked at a tonneau called a "Tri-Glas" also but went with the ARE LSII. I will have it installed in about 11 days. Have heard nothing but good about ARE tonneaus, people in my hood also have them and I picked their brains about ARE quality. Glad I got the one I did. can't wait to see it on the truck. They said it would come with alittle thing of touch up paint also.
seems like people enjoy the quality of A.R.E......

1 - 9 of 9 Posts