Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
2,440 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I did this install last month at my brothers shop. The complete installation time was a little over 5 hours total. I used 02 bung extenders on my cajun bpipes to keep the CEL from coming on. about 300 miles after the install I got a CEL for the secondary 02 sensors, I cleared the code with my BDGT and haven't had any codes since (500 miles later).

I have put about 800 miles on it since the install, and AFRs are in the 12s at WOT according to my BDGT and in the 14s/15s normal throttle. I will eventually get UPREV and a proper tune later down the road, but being a FFV I think I'll be ok for now.

a few pics of the install

·
Registered
2,440 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks Gents!

@ jbowles, I am 4x4 and clearance is the same as others here have stated...its about 1/2 inch. Ill have to get some pics the next time I'm underneath...

@bigjimbo, 8 hrs sounds about right if your doing the swap alone...my brother did the passenger side while I did the driver-side, so 10 man hours total. tips; you won't be able to remove the manifold studs, that was my original plan, I was trying to keep from loosening the motor mount bolts. I ended up loosening the motor mount bolts and jacking the engine up to get the manifolds out and the headers into place. Make sure you have multiple long extensions and a few swivel joints for the ratchets and extensions...We did everything while the truck was on the ground, we didn't need to jack up the vehicle itself at all. I also used swivel ratcheting wrenches, they were handy...

·
Registered
420 Posts
Just did the install yesterday by myself 04 4x4 took me 9.5 hours. Two of my studs backed out... I had the hardest time with the bottom rear driver side nut and stud. Probably 2 hours on it.

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

Reactions: kdo2milger

·
Registered
2,481 Posts
Which O2 bung extenders did you use?

·
Registered
2,481 Posts
Reactions: kdo2milger

·
Premium Member
4,915 Posts
is that titanium color ceramic coating on those JBA LTs? if so, they look sick. Great write up/install and pictures as always from KDO (KAY-DOE/KADO, is how it sounds lol)

·
Registered
368 Posts
Nismo should send you some custom valve covers or something, for real lol.

slap some strategically pkaced nismo stickers on one and voila you got yourself a custom nismo valve cover

·
Registered
2,440 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
can't remember if you've stated or not, but i'd really like to see some vids of your JBA LT and exhaust setup, even a quick walk around of your Titan, that is a very clean looking T. Nismo should send you some custom valve covers or something, for real lol.
this is something I have been meaning to do, just haven't...I will try and get a few vids this weekend...the pine tree pollen is killer right now and she needs a bath bad lol

·
Registered
420 Posts

·
Registered
2,481 Posts
Yep, thats the titanium coating. Silver Ceramic is almost chrome like in appearance.
There fixed it for ya. These are my silver ceramic coated ones.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts