1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
speedtrip said:
JBA

$819 MSRP

No performance numbers but it's nice to see product so soon! :upsidedow

Nice!!! I will be orderin a set as soon as i buy my truck!!

****Edit*****
Nope, I will wait untill they get the Long Tubes! Shorties Suck!!!
And will wait for da crome!

·
Registered
108 Posts
Nismo should have some nice headers coming out in a couple months too. The nice thing is if they are out when you buy your truck, you can roll it into the financing.

·
Registered
21 Posts
CI338 said:
http://www.jbaheaders.com/dyno.asp

They have dyno numbers posted now on the Titan with the JBA headers and JBA cat-back. Good gain, too.

http://www.jbaheaders.com/images/dyno/04titan_dyno.jpg

What is up with those numbers? It shows stock HP @ around 220 max and the Torque is really low too? I know it says pre-production, but I drove some pre-production trucks and they had about the same power. I couldn't tell a difference. Not only that, but if the engine in that truck is that much different it won't be accurate. Or am I missing something? I am a little tired, but I think I read it right... Correct me if I'm wrong!

·
Registered
2,509 Posts
stevnmd said:
Umm, welcome to the world of the difference between HP at the crank, and HP to the rear wheels...
The truck they used was the CST Crew Cab on 35's. There is your difference right there.

·
Registered
497 Posts
if anyone buys any aftermarket cat-back or headers pls post a sound clip up.

·
Registered
174 Posts
The dyno numbers all look low, except on the Mustang GT. thos are rated at 260 Flywheel HP and it said the basline was 302 RWHP. Not at all accurate.!

Also they have LS1 Powered Firebird in there that only made 273RWHP stock. Mine made 324RWHP STOCK. Looks like they tested some stock cars and some non stock cars!

·
Registered
108 Posts
It also depends what kind of dyno they are using.

·
Registered
266 Posts
I'm surprised a stock LS1 can put down that much power at the wheels. The guys I've seen at the track I've walked away from in 1/4. They were turning high 13's.

LS1POWERED said:
The dyno numbers all look low, except on the Mustang GT. thos are rated at 260 Flywheel HP and it said the basline was 302 RWHP. Not at all accurate.!

Also they have LS1 Powered Firebird in there that only made 273RWHP stock. Mine made 324RWHP STOCK. Looks like they tested some stock cars and some non stock cars!

·
Registered
174 Posts
ttz32 said:
I'm surprised a stock LS1 can put down that much power at the wheels. The guys I've seen at the track I've walked away from in 1/4. They were turning high 13's.
Come to AZ, see if you can walk away from mine :cheers:
Most LS1s are underrated. I have seen some dyno as low as 285 RWHP but ther are some that dyno much higher like mine stock 324RWHP. One big factor that does make a difference was for 01 and 02 GM change the intake maifold the cam the computer and the fuel injectors hence the difference in hp. But you dont need to take my word for it chekc this site http://www.ls1.com/forums/index.html
do a search for dyno numbers.
Also were the cars you raced M6 or autos?
What is your altidude? (Boosted cars are less affected by thin air)
Mine did a [email protected] stock and on a 2.3 60 ft. so it could have been faster with some sticky tires. :cheers:

·
Registered
2,509 Posts
I heard a JBA equiped Titan today, it's only a littke louder than stock.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts