Nissan Titan Forum banner

21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
Titan n Texas said:
Sudden -It can't hurt to try it; I would have to cut pipe anyway to add an additional resonator.

I-force - I have single exhaust, H pipe wont work if its works like a cross over pipe. And, why are you reading a Titan site with a Tundra nick? haha j/k..

And yes, i would agree Banks is much louder. I saw that settup on another Titan before I bought the JBA. Banks was higher pitched too IMO.

Thanks for the ideas everyone. I will try trimming some length off the tail pipe in the next couple days.

Thanks again,
Mike
That's why I tried it was because I was going to try a resonator anyway.The resonator will do very very little for the drone,only the volume.Trust me.

·
Registered
11,278 Posts
This exhaust stuff is tough. I guess I'm going to keep my Zoomers and increase the size of the ypipe to 2.25", put a 3/4" H pipe between the bpipes and call it a day. I should have the performance of the JBA without much drone. I have had people offer to buy my Zoomers after they hear it in person and now I know why. It is pricey but I will have my truck for a long time so worth it to me.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Now Papa's thinking . . . .:gunz:

Papa_D said:
This exhaust stuff is tough. I guess I'm going to keep my Zoomers and increase the size of the ypipe to 2.25", put a 3/4" H pipe between the bpipes and call it a day. I should have the performance of the JBA without much drone. I have had people offer to buy my Zoomers after they hear it in person and now I know why. It is pricey but I will have my truck for a long time so worth it to me.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have an 07 Tundra and one of my Bud's drives a Titan,he doesn't have PC access and is needing help modding his truck so it will run closer to my Tundra.
So I told him I would fish around and see what others says about certain available mods.

Titan n Texas said:
I-force - I have single exhaust, H pipe wont work if its works like a cross over pipe. And, why are you reading a Titan site with a Tundra nick? haha j/k..Thanks again,
Mike

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
AMAZING!! I broke out the saws-all and cut the tail pipe about 1.5 to 2 inches behind last hanger and i'll be damned if it didn't work. I didnt measure, just eye balled the distance. The drone is definetely cut in at least half. I have only tested it for about 15 miles, but it has made an imediate noticable difference for the better. Drone is reduced by 50 - 60%. Thanks all; I even called JBA and they recommened you at Titan Talk would have the best feed back as far as adjusting or tuning. I will report back to John at JBA and let him know that the tail pipe reduction indeed cut the drone. And that ya'll accumulatively R&D'd it.
Other than the drone,(which is now fixed for the most part) the JBA Evol system is awesome!
:cheers:
Thanks again everyone!

·
Registered
6,823 Posts
Titan n Texas said:
AMAZING!! I broke out the saws-all and cut the tail pipe about 1.5 to 2 inches behind last hanger and i'll be damned if it didn't work. I didnt measure, just eye balled the distance. The drone is definetely cut in at least half. I have only tested it for about 15 miles, but it has made an imediate noticable difference for the better. Drone is reduced by 50 - 60%. Thanks all; I even called JBA and they recommened you at Titan Talk would have the best feed back as far as adjusting or tuning. I will report back to John at JBA and let him know that the tail pipe reduction indeed cut the drone. And that ya'll accumulatively R&D'd it.
Other than the drone,(which is now fixed for the most part) the JBA Evol system is awesome!
Thanks again everyone!
Glad it worked out!

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
Titan n Texas said:
Thanks again everyone!
Amazing ain't it.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
F'ing awesome!! Now I am completely satisfied with my purchase of the JBA cat back system.

ha-ha Who needs a pretty chrome JBA tip? Only has about 70 miles on it.

·
Registered
3,564 Posts
Everyone has a different opinion on exhaust drone, i had a flowmaster 40 and didn't notice the drone, other member's said the F/M drone was killing them. Papa D, you will be wasting your money on a H-pipe that small, with a 2 1/4" pipe it needs to be at least 1 7/8--2" but no bigger than 2 1/4".

·
Vendor
7,921 Posts
The JBA catback is the tamest system other than stock you will find. I have tested dam near every system and muffler made on my 2005 the last 10 years. JBA is by far my favorite. The Ultraquiet resonator was added post headers and did the trick on the drone.

·
Registered
158 Posts
I find the drone is more at a particular RPM level rather than a speed.
Had the same thing at 2K on a previous OEM/Banks exhaust but added a Zoomer Tip and it cut it down.
On my JBA Longtube/Cajun/JBA Muffler it is back to a degree.
My 4WD shop for some reason didn't install the resonator so I driving around now without it and debating on adding it but most likely will.
Seems it is worse on the same 2K rpm level +/- though,

·
Vendor
7,921 Posts
It's ALOT louder in the cab than I expected. Maybe I'm just being an old fart, but this thing makes my ears rattle at about 1600 Rpm. Is there a way to ease the in-cab drone? Dyno mat? I love the sound outside, just wish I could ease the drone inside. At 70mph, the drone is obnoxious.
Ultraquiet resonator is the solution. $103 shipped from Cajun

Attachments

·
Registered
209 Posts
I installed the JBA system on my 2005 Titan last week and I have the drone in cab! Love the twin chrome tips and the growl of the exhaust! But it's the drone, I didn't have with the last system on truck! Love the low end umph from the JBA! Have some Bilsteins 5100's coming for truck!

21 - 34 of 34 Posts