Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this has been posted roughly 10 million times. But I have a JBA Evol system on oreder, I am starting to see alot of people unhappy with the loud noise of it. Can any JBA owners comment on this, I do not want something too loud, I mean I know wanting something quiet and wanting an Exhaust should not be in the same sentence together, but I do not want something that is going to be annoying as hell. Thanks in advance.
Walmsley

·
Registered
399 Posts
I have a JBA Evol and even though it's loud, I don't think it's too overbearing. My truck has a nice throaty rumble, but is not audible for blocks like the Banks. There is a bit of drone, but you're going to get that with pretty much any exhaust on a Titan.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Its not loud at all. Good rumble when you get on it and a slight drone from about 1600 to 2000 rpms. Over 50 mph the road noise is louder than the exhaust drone.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Per another thread (JBA too loud) I learned that the drone can be reduced by at least half simply by cutting off the tail pipe 1.5 -2 inches behind last hanger.

Worked great for me.

·
Registered
754 Posts
I love my jba, its not as loud as you think it would probbly be, it sounds great also. Just to say if you find it loud and want to get rid of the noise for a little while, crank up the radio, why else you think you have one?lol

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
JBA is a very tame after market exhaust. Anyone that thinks JBA is outrageous does not have much experience with aftermarket exhaust systems.

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
If your loooking for quiet...go Gibson Extreme Dual exahaust. You'll hardly know it's there.

·
Registered
754 Posts
ok I just now noticed this, first time I actually heard my exhaut from outside my truck standing by it, been havin it for a few months, My friend who has a cherybomb on his little truck is gettin a jba for his and wanted to see how mine sounded, even tho itll sound diff on a little v6 lol, well I let my other friend rev it up some, and wow that thing sounded mean and good, cant believe i never noticed before lol. ive always heard it from the inside

·
Registered
217 Posts
MikeB said:
I have a JBA Evol and even though it's loud, I don't think it's too overbearing. My truck has a nice throaty rumble, but is not audible for blocks like the Banks. There is a bit of drone, but you're going to get that with pretty much any exhaust on a Titan.
DITTO...I also chose the JBA for the performance numbers it puts out compared to the other exhausts...:)

·
Super Moderator
93,617 Posts
Loud is relative, but I don't feel the JBA is anywhere close to "annoying as hell"

·
Registered
242 Posts
No JBA is not loud. Relax and be excited, Its an awesome exhaust.

·
Registered
81 Posts
I agree, loud is relative to the individual. I personally had issue with the interior drone at certain rpm ranges. I LOVE the throaty athorative sound produced outside the truck by the JBA. I have two children that I drive to and from school daily. I like performance, but also enjoy comfort for myself and my family.

I concur that the JBA Evol is an awesome settup!

·
Registered
282 Posts
I was told yesterday that my exhaust was the best sounding system a few of my friends have heard. Not barky like a 4 stroke MX bike, but throaty. One guy said he knows there is power there, just listen to it.

I couldn't contain my smile :upsidedow

I love the sound in the cab as well....especially when I am chewing thru 3' of fresh snow!

·
Registered
56 Posts
Does anyone have this system on their 07 and seen gains? I only ask cus I read on here that they changed the system in 07 and was wondering if that cancelled out the gains from the JBA...

EDIT: Sask Attack have you seen any gains?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts