1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
599 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
217 Posts
Congrats :clap: !!!! Just ordered mine (brand new) last week thru eBay for $425 + Shipping...I heard that the exhaust doesnt come w/the CAT gaskets, I may have to purchase them before the JBA comes in...

JBA 40-1400 SS Exhaust Kit 2004-2006 Nissan Titan
Item number: 270107391083

You are signed in This item is being tracked in My eBay

Green Check You won the item for US $425.00!
You saved US $15.00 off the BIN price.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
93,246 Posts
I've been looking at JBA also, that's about $25 cheaper than autoanything.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Does anyone have a sound clip of this setup? I have been looking into it myself rather than the banks.

·
Registered
6,823 Posts
Titan5683 said:
Does anyone have a sound clip of this setup? I have been looking into it myself rather than the banks.
I saw a clip somewhere. If I remember correctly, the JBA sounds very much like a Magnaflow.

·
Premium Member
3,447 Posts
aldaman said:
Congrats :clap: !!!! Just ordered mine (brand new) last week thru eBay for $425 + Shipping...I heard that the exhaust doesnt come w/the CAT gaskets, I may have to purchase them before the JBA comes in...

JBA 40-1400 SS Exhaust Kit 2004-2006 Nissan Titan
Item number: 270107391083

You are signed in This item is being tracked in My eBay

Green Check You won the item for US $425.00!
You saved US $15.00 off the BIN price.

I put the JBA catback on my 04. It came with the gaskets, and it sounded awesome.

·
Registered
530 Posts
thats sounds pretty expensive ..... i got my custom true dual super40 done for 400$

sound clip in my sig ...

·
Registered
399 Posts
sudden urge said:
I saw a clip somewhere. If I remember correctly, the JBA sounds very much like a Magnaflow.
I have the JBA and I'm pretty sure it sounds like the Magnaflow. In fact the muffler looks just like a Magnaflow inside. The muffler actually has K&N stamped on it, but I'm willing to bet that K&N mufflers are just re-badged Magnaflows.

·
Registered
26 Posts
If the pictures i have seen are correct the jba is very different from magnaflow. The JBA muffler is straight through with louvres that stick out from around the inner holes, whereas the magnaflow is muffler with only holes in the inside muffler pipe. Technically I think the magnaflow is slightly more freeflowing but I like the sound of the jba system more but this is based only on soundclips I have heard. There are several Nissan Titan JBA systems on youtube if you are interested in listening to it.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Stated another way both the magnaflow and jba mufflers are straight through mufflers but the jba has little pieces of metal that stick out near the many inner holes around the pipe inside the muffler, while the magnaflow has just the inner holes around the pipe.

·
Registered
399 Posts
Titan4MF said:
Stated another way both the magnaflow and jba mufflers are straight through mufflers but the jba has little pieces of metal that stick out near the many inner holes around the pipe inside the muffler, while the magnaflow has just the inner holes around the pipe.
Oh, I stand corrected. I was looking at a Magnaflow muffler a couple years back and it had the louvers sticking out just like the muffler in my JBA system. I guess they changed their design to be more like Dynomax.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Just got my JBA exhaust in via UPS today!!!! Just disappointed because the system didnt come with the Y-Pipe gaskets and my local nissan dealer doesnt have the gaskets in stock. It will take about a week for them to come in. Have a couple of questions for you guys/gals...thanks...

1)Because the exhaust didnt come w/gaskets does that mean It's JBAs way of saying I can reuse the stock gaskets? Or is that just an item i would have to purchase separately?

2)JBA recommends to tack weld the joints after installation. Is anyone running the JBA exhaust with just it being clamped on? If so has there been any problems..:huh:

·
Registered
268 Posts
aldaman said:
2)JBA recommends to tack weld the joints after installation. Is anyone running the JBA exhaust with just it being clamped on? If so has there been any problems..:huh:
I am sure you won't be doing this but several years back I had dropped my mom's expedition from neutral to drive hoping it would burn out and it did, but the jolt knocked the tailpipe loose from the muffler. It was a clamp on system from Gibson so I would say better safe than sorry IMO.

·
Premium Member
92,269 Posts
I agree. There have been some threads on here where various brands have come loose while driving. Some of them use a thick walled section of pipe and the clamps just can't crimp it tight enough. As was said. Better safe than sorry.

·
Registered
399 Posts
I copper coated my stock gaskets and reused them. No problems here.

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
jkelley3209 said:
thats sounds pretty expensive ..... i got my custom true dual super40 done for 400$

sound clip in my sig ...
Diff strokes for diff folks, why u say that just couldn't help yourself?

Your duals will get left in the dust by a JBA setup. crush bent pipe and baffled mufflers are trash and will never hang. I've already had borla muffs, true dual 2.5'', mandrel bent with x-pipe...I went through 3 diff exhaust in my quest for speed and spent almost 2k bucks finding that sweet spot...All the fastest guys out there are running JBA. Thats just the facts! Sorry dude!

·
Registered
3,184 Posts
i also got the chance to see the light after getting my jba exhaust installed on thursday, i've been thru 5 diffrent exhaust setups also looking for the holy grail, and believe me jba is the best by far.. especially with stillen headers, 2.25" dynatech cats with no resos, this byiotch fookin screams now, the banks had 2 areas in the powerband wherre it felt moderatly strong, well the jba which maximizes velocity extremely it pulls very hard all the way to 80mph without letting up.. want to hear even more good news?? i have the scanguage II system and can get a daily readout of gas milage and my truck with banks/ 3 " b-pipes and stillen headers the best it could muster was like a 15.3 mpg on the highway.. now it is getting 19-20mpg with my mods. driving excactly the same damn way like a moron at every stop light punching it :)

in a few weeks i'll prove how much better it is with dyno's and track times just waiting for the weather to clear up been raining every day here for the past 2.5 weeks

1 - 20 of 45 Posts