Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Should have listened to my elders....this is why after you unbox you jba headers, the second thing you do after inspecting you headers is throw away your supplied gaskets...

Failure after 1k miles

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Reactions: nightowl

· Registered
831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yea...all the sudden today on my way to work...Couldn't stand the horrible noise so I investigated as soon as I got home...sounded like I used flowmasters, clamps and flex tube to put my junk together...absolute garbage

· Registered
1,458 Posts
Should have listened to my elders....this is why after you unbox you jba headers, the second thing you do after inspecting you headers is throw away your supplied gaskets...

Failure after 1k miles

Wow!
Dman, that`s why I buy in sets of 4 of the Nissan OEM gaskets. I even keep a few on hand and also keep the old ones... ya never know.

· Premium Member
23,338 Posts
It's not just JBA gaskets that do that. For really challenging joints where the flanges don't mate up well I've been using Remflex gasket material.

· Registered
831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It's not just JBA gaskets that do that. For really challenging joints where the flanges don't mate up well I've been using Remflex gasket material.
Yea. I had an issue with oem b pipes not mating since the flange isn't the sealing surface, the crush donut is the sealing joint. I used the gasket material goo, but it heated up and pushed out over time...not much time either. I couldn't believe how not flat the oem b pipe flanges are.

· Registered
2,437 Posts
The two bolt design isn't the greatest thing in the world. Careful use of a file and/or flap disc can greatly increase your chances of getting a good seal. You can also weaken the flange ears if you don't have at least 3/8 inch flanges.
Using anything other than a metal gasket increases your chance of bending the flange ears, which will cause a blowout.

Reactions: nightowl

· Vendor
8,028 Posts
OEM!!! Hardheads..... may have to double as well. This is why Cajun has custom laser cut flanges made....

Attachments

· Registered
10 Posts
That sucks! Only on 1k miles and you are out? It is always recommended to have some spares especially when you are trying a new brand. Also, always go with the brand that you completely trust or has only had positive reviews throughout its whole existence in the market.

· Registered
831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
That sucks! Only on 1k miles and you are out? It is always recommended to have some spares especially when you are trying a new brand. Also, always go with the brand that you completely trust or has only had positive reviews throughout its whole existence in the market.

All,

I ran out of the OEM ones, and used the JBA in a pinch. Yes, I understand JBA gaskets would fail, it was only on 1 B-pipe joint. Yes, I understand the OEM ones are reusable, and use them when I have them around. I have all OEM, and some doubled up on all other b-pipe joints and as of now, do not have any leaks. I used the JBA gaskets in a pinch, since Amazon lead time for OEM gaskets as of lately has been almost two weeks. Header to manifold gaskets, I didn't take any chances and installed new OEM gaskets, not problems to report yet.

· Registered
281 Posts
All,

I ran out of the OEM ones, and used the JBA in a pinch. Yes, I understand JBA gaskets would fail, it was only on 1 B-pipe joint. Yes, I understand the OEM ones are reusable, and use them when I have them around. I have all OEM, and some doubled up on all other b-pipe joints and as of now, do not have any leaks. I used the JBA gaskets in a pinch, since Amazon lead time for OEM gaskets as of lately has been almost two weeks. Header to manifold gaskets, I didn't take any chances and installed new OEM gaskets, not problems to report yet.

Sent by my thumbs using whatever means necessary

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.