Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Vendor
7,924 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My jba catback came ups yesterday and the box was damaged bad and looked to be taped up by the shipper. My question is what does the jba muffler look like is it oval or round? The one I got is oval 22" long and with a dent or two and also scratched up from not being wrapped. I thought the jba was a round muffler. The muffler I got has not one marking or number on it. I have a call in to jba bit no response yet. Just want to make sure im not being ripped off.

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
My jba catback came ups yesterday and the box was damaged bad and looked to be taped up by the shipper. My question is what does the jba muffler look like is it oval or round? The one I got is oval 22" long and with a dent or two and also scratched up from not being wrapped. I thought the jba was a round muffler. The muffler I got has not one marking or number on it. I have a call in to jba bit no response yet. Just want to make sure im not being ripped off.
It's supposed to be oval. The round one pictured online isn't the actual muffler

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
the best way is post some pics of the one you got..

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
The muffler should look like this. (I had my JBA taken off, not loud enough)

Attachments

·
Registered
6,823 Posts
The old JBA catback came with a 7" round K&N muffler. The newer sets have an oval muffler.

Here's my JBA with the round K&N muffler:

·
Registered
182 Posts
What model/make is the new oval muffler?

·
Registered
6,823 Posts
What model/make is the new oval muffler?
That was never determined by anyone. The 7" round is louvered inside and has K&N stamped on it. The interior pics I saw of the new JBA oval looks pretty much like a Magnaflow design.

·
Vendor
7,924 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Finally got to talk to a rep at JBA and he comfirmed I had the right muffler. He also stated the same thing about the round muffler was the old K&N and the new was oval and 22" long. I asked him if it was a magaflow and he hesitated and said they had a manufacture build it to thier specs...lol Its probably a magnaflow. I only paid $254 to the door for it and may get more off due to the dents and dings which arnt bad just cosmetic. By the way I love the sound not too loud just right.:)

Attachments

·
Banned
2,234 Posts
From what I can tell by looking @ the pic, it does indeed look like Magnaflow at least manufactured it. Or at the very least, someone veeeeery similar. I know their Evol mufflers are made by IMCO. Seen them first hand @ their Schulenberg plant, along with the Cherrybomb line.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Finally got to talk to a rep at JBA and he comfirmed I had the right muffler. He also stated the same thing about the round muffler was the old K&N and the new was oval and 22" long. I asked him if it was a magaflow and he hesitated and said they had a manufacture build it to thier specs...lol Its probably a magnaflow. I only paid $254 to the door for it and may get more off due to the dents and dings which arnt bad just cosmetic. By the way I love the sound not too loud just right.:)
Sound is good......highway drone is pathetic though on the JBA system.

·
Vendor
7,924 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Just got another $25 off due to the damage. So $230 for a jba ain't to bad what yall think? Just got all the slip joints welded up and removed the clamps and i'm good to go.

·
Vendor
7,924 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Sound is good......highway drone is pathetic though on the JBA system.
Mine has no drone at all at speed. Only drone I notice is wot and its not bad at all. Did you have the oval or round muffler?

·
Registered
6,823 Posts
Just got another $25 off due to the damage. So $230 for a jba ain't to bad what yall think? Just got all the slip joints welded up and removed the clamps and i'm good to go.
Fantastic price for a new JBA stainless catback.

·
Registered
544 Posts
highway drone is barely noticeable. it is very subdued. on the other hand, city driving drone can be annoying at times.
i do love the start up, idle and wot sounds.

·
Vendor
7,924 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Drone must be from the headers. I notice it being louder in town on acceleration but drone isn't bad. The s&b cai is just as loud if not louder than the jba.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts