Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, wondering if anyone knows if the Banks Monster exhaust will fit right up with JBA headers. If it works, this system will be going on my 08.

:cheers:

·
Premium Member
92,554 Posts
Why wouldn't it? The headers have to be designed to match the stock exhaust. The aftermarket exhausts have to be designed to match the stock exhaust manifolds. There's no reason to believe that the dualing aftermarket parts are not completely interchangeable....

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Blackbeauty said:
Why wouldn't it?
Not sure, that’s why I am asking. I would assume that they would but you never know. I have an email in to JBA and Banks as well.

:cheers:

·
Registered
3,184 Posts
i would definatly re-consider using the banks or the volant exhaust as the exhaust tubing is much too big for any kinda performance gains after getting headers.. you will lose ALL your low end torque.. instead use the jba catback it will smoke the performance of the banks easily and you will thank me afterwards.. i went down the same road as you and took me close to a year before i realized what the problem was and why i was missing 20-30 rwhp..

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Toomnymods said:
i would definatly re-consider using the banks or the volant exhaust as the exhaust tubing is much too big for any kinda performance gains after getting headers.. you will lose ALL your low end torque.. instead use the jba catback it will smoke the performance of the banks easily and you will thank me afterwards.. i went down the same road as you and took me close to a year before i realized what the problem was and why i was missing 20-30 rwhp..
That Banks sounds so good though. I am not looking to drag it. What do you think about Just the Banks system?

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
If your not concerned with power and just want the noise don't bother with headers and just put the Banks on.

I have JBA headers and JBA Cat Back. My crew cab just ran a 14.18 at the track. So the combo works.

I hear Stillen headers are really loud...so if your looking for an obnoxious sound get Stillen headers and Banks....and keep your eye on UpRev to see when they crack the 2008 Titan to get her tuned.

All of our testing has been on 2004-2006 Titans. It's quite possible your truck will act differently to the mods with VVT and your larger cams.

·
Premium Member
9,417 Posts
INFIDEL said:
Anyone else care to chime in?
I have the Banks and Volant CAI. Works great for me and I do not take mine to the track...I do like the sound!

Don't forget to replace the stock cats with aftermarkets...

·
Registered
127 Posts
On the 2007-2008 Titan's we have dual exhaust going to the muffler then after it goes to a single pipe. I too looked into banks for my exhaust but after looking at it, it wouldn't work with our current exhaust. I do think you would loose your low end grunt with the banks.

·
Registered
5,715 Posts
At least two people have modified the Banks with
a smaller Y-pipe. They felt that it performed better
overall.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
pogi69x said:
I too looked into banks for my exhaust but after looking at it, it wouldn't work with our current exhaust.
I called Banks and they said the 04-07 Monster system would work on the 08's. I also called numerous distributors of Banks systems and they said the same thing.

·
Registered
1 Posts
If your not concerned with power and just want the noise don't bother with headers and just put the Banks on.

I have JBA headers and JBA Cat Back. My crew cab just ran a 14.18 at the track. So the combo works.

I hear Stillen headers are really loud...so if your looking for an obnoxious sound get Stillen headers and Banks....and keep your eye on UpRev to see when they crack the 2008 Titan to get her tuned.

All of our testing has been on 2004-2006 Titans. It's quite possible your truck will act differently to the mods with VVT and your larger cams.

Does the JBA headers and exhaust combo have any drone in the cab? how much was yours?

·
Registered
79 Posts
sorry...dont mean to thread jack but... dont know much about this.. i'm lookin at the jba headers and i have magnaflow exhaust. earlier it was mentioned that you have to replace your stock cats for the headers, how much will this cost... or have i already done it?? how do i know?? any help is greatly apprecciated. thank you

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
hobbsy said:
sorry...dont mean to thread jack but... dont know much about this.. i'm lookin at the jba headers and i have magnaflow exhaust. earlier it was mentioned that you have to replace your stock cats for the headers, how much will this cost... or have i already done it?? how do i know?? any help is greatly apprecciated. thank you

If you got a "cat-back" exhaust system then you havent replaced you stock cats. On some header setups, it completely eliminates the cat (stillen headers do that) but that will make your titan illegal because of the emissions.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Toomnymods said:
you will thank me afterwards.. i went down the same road as you and took me close to a year before i realized what the problem was and why i was missing 20-30 rwhp..
Notice the join date. I am new to aftermarkets for my Titan. I have no Mods. I would rather beef up my 04' rather than buy an 08'. Needless to say I won't be doing a whole lot of the work myself but would like to gain substantial horsepower. I like NoS, I like a SuperCharger, I like gaining power by swapping out OEM products.

Toomnymods and anyone else for that matter, what would your first replacement be? I'm not up on the acronyms, I figure cats are the converters. any insight would be appreciated tanks...:eek:

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
jsnbrd said:
Notice the join date. I am new to aftermarkets for my Titan. I have no Mods. I would rather beef up my 04' rather than buy an 08'. Needless to say I won't be doing a whole lot of the work myself but would like to gain substantial horsepower. I like NoS, I like a SuperCharger, I like gaining power by swapping out OEM products.

Toomnymods and anyone else for that matter, what would your first replacement be? I'm not up on the acronyms, I figure cats are the converters. any insight would be appreciated tanks...:eek:

I like your ideas ^^^^

·
Premium Member
92,554 Posts
I've not got much in the way of mods...... BUT, from reading on here, if you're looking for quick results, intake and exhaust are primary on the list. If I were to do it, the first mod I'd want is an Uprev tune. That's useful even in stock trim, but then as you add mods, you can update it to tweak your truck's performance. Beyond that, add headers (and if in a C.A.R.B state, a hi-flo cat) to the exhaust. There are now cam options and then a Tru-trac to put the power to the ground. Supercharger and NOS are nice, but pricey and temperamental, IMO. Good luck with it, and keep us all posted.

·
Banned
6,454 Posts
Blackbeauty said:
I've not got much in the way of mods...... BUT, from reading on here, if you're looking for quick results, intake and exhaust are primary on the list. If I were to do it, the first mod I'd want is an Uprev tune. That's useful even in stock trim, but then as you add mods, you can update it to tweak your truck's performance. Beyond that, add headers (and if in a C.A.R.B state, a hi-flo cat) to the exhaust. There are now cam options and then a Tru-trac to put the power to the ground. Supercharger and NOS are nice, but pricey and temperamental, IMO. Good luck with it, and keep us all posted.

:werd: :cheers:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.