Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,582 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
35,896 Posts
got_titan said:
The numbers are at the rear wheel, 23 HP gain is not shabby along with a gain of 17 for torque with most of that in the low end where we like it. :)

Any time you gain hp without giving up torque . . . it's good. How much does it cost for the gain, that is the question IMHO.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,582 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
37L1 said:
The numbers are at the rear wheel, 23 HP gain is not shabby along with a gain of 17 for torque with most of that in the low end where we like it. :)

Any time you gain hp without giving up torque . . . it's good. How much does it cost for the gain, that is the question IMHO.
both headers and cat back runs about 750
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,582 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
jeepinfun said:
those are not bad gains at all over stock.I may really look into the headers after the banks install
he jeepin you seem very knowlegable if you use the banks exhaust and lets say no one else comes out with headers other than jba would those 2 work well together? would it really matter. or anyone that has input on this situation. jba says 6 hour install does that seem right? :huh: :upsidedow
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
35,896 Posts
jeepinfun said:
those are not bad gains at all over stock.I may really look into the headers after the banks install
Me too.

"Scotty, we need more power!" :jester:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
497 Posts
jeepinfun said:
those are not bad gains at all over stock.I may really look into the headers after the banks install
you may wanna contact banks to see if they will release headers designed for their cat-back system. generally each manufacturer engineers their headers for their cat-back for the most power on a dyno. this gives the manufacturer more flexability into where they want to make power on the band. im not saying you wont gain power, they are definatly designed to flow more gases but you may or may not lose power at another point due to flow characteristics. another thing is if a exhuast claims a certain gain say 15 hp and a set of headers says itll add 10hp, it doesnt necessarily mean youll gain 25hp, you may pick up only 15.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
77 Posts
got_titan said:
he jeepin you seem very knowlegable if you use the banks exhaust and lets say no one else comes out with headers other than jba would those 2 work well together? would it really matter. or anyone that has input on this situation. jba says 6 hour install does that seem right? :huh: :upsidedow
They will work, there is still the cats in between. 6 hour install does sound about 3-4 hours too much (but then I've never attempted)

-Corey
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
393 Posts
lawabidn said:
They will work, there is still the cats in between. 6 hour install does sound about 3-4 hours too much (but then I've never attempted)

-Corey
I spoke with Banks today, and they (as long as they have good demand for their cat back system) will be making headers designed to work with their cat back system.
oh, and by the way, they are emailing me the dyno results for their cat back system!!! :cheers:
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
35,896 Posts
Titanparts1 said:
I spoke with Banks today, and they (as long as they have good demand for their cat back system) will be making headers designed to work with their cat back system.
oh, and by the way, they are emailing me the dyno results for their cat back system!!! :cheers:
Yeah!! Let us know when you get the dyno #'s. Let us know when the headers are ready!!!
Thanks Jamie!

37l1
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
497 Posts
Titanparts1 said:
I spoke with Banks today, and they (as long as they have good demand for their cat back system) will be making headers designed to work with their cat back system.
oh, and by the way, they are emailing me the dyno results for their cat back system!!! :cheers:

sweet, um sure everyones waiting on that dyno lol
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
37 Posts
I will let you guys know how the butt dyno rates the exhaust as soon as I get it. I cant wait for my Banks system. The real numbers would be nice though. If I remember right Eddie posted the numbers he got from Banks in a different post.
Rich
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
80 Posts
Those are some good results. You have to remember, on a vehicle like this, peak hp is not going to be that impressive. HP is purely a mathematical calculation from torque: HP = Torque x RPM ÷ 5252

For vehicles that have a lot of low-end torque and aren't designed to be high-revving, you're not going to see a huge hp increase. If the torque curve is flat you'll see some nice numbers but if it drops off like the Titan's you're not going to be impressed.

At the end of the day, what really matters, especially with a truck, is that the area under the torque curve is greater. That means a faster, more powerful truck.

Cheers,
...Colin
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
187 Posts
of course it would be logical to utilize the banks headers for the titan if they are produced as I am sure they would be designed to work together.generally speaking though because of the cat placement on our trucks most of the header applications that will come out will be of the same design because of emission laws.I would be inclined to get the JBA headers is Banks does not release any.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
497 Posts
looks like a nice gain for a complete exhaust setup. more grunt in real driving conditions and not peaky.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
497 Posts
but then it wont sound bad arse lol may fit in with the ricer scene tough.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
622 Posts
anyone out there in TITAN land got the headers? what is the advantage to getting geaders by banks (if they put some out) with the banks exhaust as opposed to getting them thru jba. wat are the typical gains of the exhaust and the headers? any gain in the low end?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
128 Posts
bestatchess said:
About on par with removing the antenna, folding in the mirrors, and dropping the tailgate.
Sounds like you are as unimpressed with many of these mods as I am. There are obviously measurable gains to be had, but the bang for the buck is just too low to make it worthwhile to me. If I do anything for my truck in terms of performance, I may look at a low-pressure supercharger if they ever come out with one, or just trading up to whatever higher-output version they come out with.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
51 Posts
Titanparts1 said:
I spoke with Banks today, and they (as long as they have good demand for their cat back system) will be making headers designed to work with their cat back system.
oh, and by the way, they are emailing me the dyno results for their cat back system!!! :cheers:
Did you ever get the dyno results?
 
1 - 20 of 37 Posts
Top