Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I now have titanium ceramic coated JBA shorty headers with the Superchips Flashpaq. What tune is recommended for that set up (usually running 87 octane tune) or do I now need to look @ selling or trading the SC for Uprev? Seen alot om running lean with headers, but how can I check? Any sound advice is greatly appreciated!!

·
Registered
6,823 Posts
I now have titanium ceramic coated JBA shorty headers with the Superchips Flashpaq. What tune is recommended for that set up (usually running 87 octane tune) or do I now need to look @ selling or trading the SC for Uprev? Seen alot om running lean with headers, but how can I check? Any sound advice is greatly appreciated!!
Too bad Superchips never fixed the AFR logging option for 2004-06 Titans. Their AFR logging works fine for 2007-10 models. I discussed this problem with Superchips a few times, but they turned a deaf ear. You have an 04, so the only way to check the AFR is by using Cypher (Uprev) or Autoenginuity software or something similar.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So, no good way of checking for "too lean" ? It seems to be running fine, although it seems to stumble a little with moderate pedal during initial take off. Still has factory Y pipe;maybe getting choked? I am considering doing away with that and going with a bigger/better flowing Y right @ the muffler. Also may add CAI. Any one have any ill effects running something like that? Really don't want to kill mileage though.

·
Registered
6,823 Posts
That factory Y has to go, and you should add a CAI. MPG won't suffer as long as you don't push the pedal down too far...lol. You might have a local shop with a dyno that can check your AFR. Make a few calls around your area, and you might find a shop that has the appropriate software to monitor your AFR at WOT. It's pretty important to have your WOT AFR checked after installing headers.

Reactions: coolest dad

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Had pipe made to connect from shorties to MF HF cats then into Y pipe. Plan to replace with better Y and put on dyno in a month or two. Sounds really nice! UNBELIEVABLE how little heat is released in the engine compartment with the ceramic coating!!

·
Registered
5,522 Posts
Yea, get that stock Y out of there! Get a 2.25"/3" flowmaster Y collector. Or if your re-using the same muffler get a 2.25"/? whatever size your muffler is.

·
Registered
7,246 Posts
Had pipe made to connect from shorties to MF HF cats then into Y pipe. Plan to replace with better Y and put on dyno in a month or two. Sounds really nice! UNBELIEVABLE how little heat is released in the engine compartment with the ceramic coating!!
Did they crush bend it or did you find a shop that has a mandrel bender? I'm afraid to get the JBA's for that reason. I don't want to spend the money and take the time to install the header to have to put sh!tty crush bent tubing in before the B pipes.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
This dude has a bender that makes smooth bends but says it' not actually a mandrel bender.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts