Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, my 07 Titan cracked a manifold, and I'm wanting to just do headers so it won't happen again. If there is anyone who can explain how up rev works or anything like that, I'd really appreciate it. Thanks everyone have a great day.

·
Registered
741 Posts
I'm sure one of the cajun gurus will chime in. Honestly your best bet is to just give them a call.

Link --> Cajun Bpipes | shreveport, LA 71129. Their number is at the top right of their webpage.

I can give you some food for thought though in the meantime. Basically, when you're swapping your manifolds for headers you're enhancing the performance of your truck while fixing one of the biggest issues with it from the factory. Since you're in Virginia (and not Cali) I'd recommend long tube headers. This replaces both your exhaust manifold as well as the primary cats that are attached to it. Long tube headers will bolt up directly to your secondary cats (bpipes/catless bpipes/whatever you choose, refer to Cajun for options).

Me personally, my vehicle is registered in a state without emissions, so I went with long tube headers and catless bpipes. I have no cats at all on my truck. Increased performance, airflow, and reliability (and noise...) are the end result.

As far as Uprev, basically it's the end-all-be-all as far as tuning for our trucks goes. It's not a tuner, or a chip, rather it's a completely custom map that is drawn up by certified wizards who know how to do those things. Seymore4 (Joe) from Cajun would be the guy to go to for that. When you purchase Uprev, you hook your truck up with the program to a windows laptop or tablet and run some on road tests. The program records how the truck is running, stores it, and then you email those results to the person doing your tuning. The tuner looks at the files, adjusts some things, emails the new map back to you, you run it, record, send back, etc until your truck is running at the optimal level.

I've gone through all of the mechanical parts of this phase, but haven't purchased Uprev yet. I'm looking at buying it by the first week of March. Basically you can't go wrong with headers and Uprev. Together, it's probably one of the best investments you can make in your truck.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm sure one of the cajun gurus will chime in. Honestly your best bet is to just give them a call.

Link --> Cajun Bpipes | shreveport, LA 71129. Their number is at the top right of their webpage.

I can give you some food for thought though in the meantime. Basically, when you're swapping your manifolds for headers you're enhancing the performance of your truck while fixing one of the biggest issues with it from the factory. Since you're in Virginia (and not Cali) I'd recommend long tube headers. This replaces both your exhaust manifold as well as the primary cats that are attached to it. Long tube headers will bolt up directly to your secondary cats (bpipes/catless bpipes/whatever you choose, refer to Cajun for options).

Me personally, my vehicle is registered in a state without emissions, so I went with long tube headers and catless bpipes. I have no cats at all on my truck. Increased performance, airflow, and reliability (and noise...) are the end result.

As far as Uprev, basically it's the end-all-be-all as far as tuning for our trucks goes. It's not a tuner, or a chip, rather it's a completely custom map that is drawn up by certified wizards who know how to do those things. Seymore4 (Joe) from Cajun would be the guy to go to for that. When you purchase Uprev, you hook your truck up with the program to a windows laptop or tablet and run some on road tests. The program records how the truck is running, stores it, and then you email those results to the person doing your tuning. The tuner looks at the files, adjusts some things, emails the new map back to you, you run it, record, send back, etc until your truck is running at the optimal level.

I've gone through all of the mechanical parts of this phase, but haven't purchased Uprev yet. I'm looking at buying it by the first week of March. Basically you can't go wrong with headers and Uprev. Together, it's probably one of the best investments you can make in your truck.
Thank you man, that was very informative. I think I will give them a call here really soon. I can't stand that tick haha.

·
Registered
741 Posts
Thank you man, that was very informative. I think I will give them a call here really soon. I can't stand that tick haha.
Yeah I hear you on that. Supposedly, with headers and Uprev, adding an extra 30 RWHP and similar torque is fairly common. Not bad for a mod that will also increase your overall mpg, as well as future-proof you from more cracked manifolds. I can definitely tell my truck has more get-up-and-go with my headers and bpipes...it's going to feel like a rocket once I get Uprev going.

Another note about Uprev I forgot to mention: On cruise control equipped vehicles, you'll get 5 custom maps (3 on non-cruise if I recall correctly) you can bounce between on the fly. Performance, Economy, Towing, Balanced, etc...you name it, they'll make it. Quite convenient! :thumbsup:

·
Vendor
2,006 Posts
Another note about Uprev I forgot to mention: On cruise control equipped vehicles, you'll get 5 custom maps (3 on non-cruise if I recall correctly)
You need cruise control to switch between the maps, so non cruise equipped trucks are limited to just 1 map.

The 2004 Titans are limited to 3 (not enough memory in the ECU), everyone else gets 5. You don't have to use them, but the option is there if you want to :big_grin:

·
Registered
741 Posts
You need cruise control to switch between the maps, so non cruise equipped trucks are limited to just 1 map.

The 2004 Titans are limited to 3 (not enough memory in the ECU), everyone else gets 5. You don't have to use them, but the option is there if you want to :big_grin:
Appreciate the correction! I just got "lernt." :cheers:

Reactions: seymore4

·
Vendor
7,921 Posts
If you call and get no answer just leave me a message I may be welding or at the FT job and unable to answer. I will call you back ASAP. This is my personal cell phone so I will get the message or text... Or should.. Lol

·
Registered
131 Posts
uprev is custom tuning software that when u do headers is a must and a piece of mind, some have not done it with headers and been fine but to me is not worth the risk, what it does it gives the tuner capabilities to change afrs, timing fuel comp and gives the truck a good boost in power, I sell the package of headers and uprev for 960 shipped

·
Registered
136 Posts

:eek_surprise:

How does that work? Do you just play with the cruise switches to move between mappings? Does cruise still work?

I am looking at replacing my exhaust from engine to tip + uprev, but I was worried about whether to get an economy tune (it's my DD) or a performance tune (who doesn't like to punch every now and again?) and I tow occasionally, so I was conflicted.

·
Premium Member
92,554 Posts
If you look on the UpRev website, there is a video... Cruise still works. All functions remain the same... The UpRev controls are just "added".

Just checked... there USED to be a video. You can see how to install the software into your truck, but they don't show the cruise mapping operation. But trust all of us that already enjoy this miracle of technology... IT WORKS! :lol:

·
Vendor
2,006 Posts
How does that work? Do you just play with the cruise switches to move between mappings? Does cruise still work?
Cruise still works 100%, just with the added functionality of map switching.

To change maps you use the cruise control buttons:
Hold down set and press cancel for the number of map you want, then release it. Note the light on the dash blinks the number of times of the map you set.

I am looking at replacing my exhaust from engine to tip + uprev, but I was worried about whether to get an economy tune (it's my DD) or a performance tune (who doesn't like to punch every now and again?) and I tow occasionally, so I was conflicted.
No need to be conflicted, you can have 3 of those maps if you like. 2004 models can have 3 custom maps, all other years can have 5 :smile:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hey guys thanks for everything. The guys a Cajun are awesome and have some great products, just got my truck back yesterday and man I'm impressed sounds awesome. Got the base tune in her right now, you can definitely tell a difference. If anyone is skeptical about doing this (as I was too) no worries the guys at Cajun have your back. Excellent products, very nice people. Thanks again guys.

·
Vendor
7,921 Posts
Hey guys thanks for everything. The guys a Cajun are awesome and have some great products, just got my truck back yesterday and man I'm impressed sounds awesome. Got the base tune in her right now, you can definitely tell a difference. If anyone is skeptical about doing this (as I was too) no worries the guys at Cajun have your back. Excellent products, very nice people. Thanks again guys.
Thanks for the business we appreciate it and the review.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts