Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,980 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ok TT I would like to replace my muffler on my JBA catback and I wanted to know what would be a good replacement. I also have DTLT headers installed.
So lets post up!

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
what do you want? Louder? deeper? the same sound?

·
Premium Member
37,152 Posts
Blavis replaced the muffler in his JBA catback with a Aero Turbine 3030XL Muffler and it sounds awesome! Real nice rumble...

·
Registered
6,345 Posts
I'm a Flowmaster fan, so I recommend the FM Super 40 (wake the neighbor up loud), or you can try the FM Super 10, which is a single chamber muffler (wake the entire neighborhood up loud)... Since you're no longer CARB compliant anyways, you could always just go with a straight through Racing Bullet Muffler!!!

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
I replaced my JBA muffler with a dynomax bullet muffler dumped...Sounds mean!

Reactions: Doola36

·
Registered
1,980 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I replaced my JBA muffler with a dynomax bullet muffler dumped...Sounds mean!
To Cool! I want it to sound mean but I also dont want my muffler to kind of slow me down or be to loud for the wifey...lol Right now I am running my truck without the muffler with headers and she gets loud!

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
Yeah the dynomax bullet is pretty close to straight pipes since it really isn't much of a "muffler". LOL

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
I would probably go for a Borla XR-1 muffler. Good flow and will be a little deeper.

·
Banned
2,234 Posts
If you want deeper, then try a Magnaflow 5x11x22 and if you want it louder, try a 5x8x18 and if that's not loud enough, put a Hooker Aerochamber center/center in there. The last one is what I recommend first.

·
Registered
3,184 Posts
If you want deeper, then try a Magnaflow 5x11x22 and if you want it louder, try a 5x8x18 and if that's not loud enough, put a Hooker Aerochamber center/center in there. The last one is what I recommend first.
best muffler i found to work with the jba setup and having headers it produces very deep rumble with no annoying popping farting sounds most straight thru mufflers make..
get the 5x11 22" oval muffler you wont be dissapointed..

·
Registered
1,980 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Well after doing some thinking and more thinking its going to be between the 18'' or the 24''. Im leaning more towards the 18 than the 24...lol

·
Registered
1,980 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Suddenurge had the 18" before his JBA. Shoot him a PM and see how he liked it. I think he did like it
To cool bro. I use to have a 18'' before my headers and JBA and I liked it.....lol But headers does change things.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts