Nissan Titan Forum banner

JBA muffler replacement

2247 Views 21 Replies 10 Participants Last post by  O-FiveCC
Ok TT I would like to replace my muffler on my JBA catback and I wanted to know what would be a good replacement. I also have DTLT headers installed.
So lets post up!
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

· Registered
1,492 Posts
what do you want? Louder? deeper? the same sound?

· Premium Member
37,333 Posts
Blavis replaced the muffler in his JBA catback with a Aero Turbine 3030XL Muffler and it sounds awesome! Real nice rumble...

· Registered
6,345 Posts
I'm a Flowmaster fan, so I recommend the FM Super 40 (wake the neighbor up loud), or you can try the FM Super 10, which is a single chamber muffler (wake the entire neighborhood up loud)... Since you're no longer CARB compliant anyways, you could always just go with a straight through Racing Bullet Muffler!!!

· Registered
1,584 Posts
I replaced my JBA muffler with a dynomax bullet muffler dumped...Sounds mean!

Reactions: Doola36

· Registered
1,584 Posts
Yeah the dynomax bullet is pretty close to straight pipes since it really isn't much of a "muffler". LOL

· Registered
1,492 Posts
I would probably go for a Borla XR-1 muffler. Good flow and will be a little deeper.

· Banned
2,234 Posts
If you want deeper, then try a Magnaflow 5x11x22 and if you want it louder, try a 5x8x18 and if that's not loud enough, put a Hooker Aerochamber center/center in there. The last one is what I recommend first.

· Registered
3,189 Posts
If you want deeper, then try a Magnaflow 5x11x22 and if you want it louder, try a 5x8x18 and if that's not loud enough, put a Hooker Aerochamber center/center in there. The last one is what I recommend first.
best muffler i found to work with the jba setup and having headers it produces very deep rumble with no annoying popping farting sounds most straight thru mufflers make..
get the 5x11 22" oval muffler you wont be dissapointed..

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.