Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I've been bitten by the performance bug once again; between my jet ski, Mustang & Titan I'll either be divorced, in the poor house or both shortly but what the heck. I've never been one to listen :lol: .

I'm ready for my next mod, exhaust, but I'm torn between the JBA & Stillen systems. I've read the JBA produces better overall power but I'm fond of the dual side exit systems, which is what Stillen has to offer. Anybody have experience with the Stillen system? Is there that much of a difference?

·
Registered
2,518 Posts
Since your an 07 just dump the stock muffler and buy two straight thru (No chambered) mufflers 2.25IN 2.5Out and add a sections of 2.5" going out the back. Keep everything on the stock exhaust from muffler forward.

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Any good muffler shop can do what Randy just stated....pretty darn easy.

·
Banned
6,454 Posts
DRKSDE said:
Well I've been bitten by the performance bug once again; between my jet ski, Mustang & Titan I'll either be divorced, in the poor house or both shortly but what the heck. I've never been one to listen :lol: .

I'm ready for my next mod, exhaust, but I'm torn between the JBA & Stillen systems. I've read the JBA produces better overall power but I'm fond of the dual side exit systems, which is what Stillen has to offer. Anybody have experience with the Stillen system? Is there that much of a difference?
Cant go wrong either way, just be ready to get it tuned afterwards.

·
Registered
897 Posts
Buy the JBA or Magnaflow, the Stillen dynoed 10 HP less than Magnaflow at our dyno meet. Plus the Stillen is very quiet, too quiet.

Just my .02

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
RB's Titan said:
Since your an 07 just dump the stock muffler and buy two straight thru (No chambered) mufflers 2.25IN 2.5Out and add a sections of 2.5" going out the back. Keep everything on the stock exhaust from muffler forward.
Sounds like it would be loud. Doesn't the system require some amt of back pressure for the best gains?

I know the '07 exhaust differs because it comes down as 2 pipes to the muffler vs 1 for the previous years but it can't be that much of a difference...

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Wildmike said:
Buy the JBA or Magnaflow, the Stillen dynoed 10 HP less than Magnaflow at our dyno meet. Plus the Stillen is very quiet, too quiet.

Just my .02
10 hp is a lot! What were the mods included for the tests?

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Anybody have dyno #'s of the different exhaust systems?

Stillen claims 16hp, which seems pretty decent.

JBA claims 23 but that's with headers so I'm inclined to believe it's close or maybe even a little less than the Stillen system.

Magnaflow claims 18, but its $800+ for the rear exit system!!!

No specs on the Flowmaster system and at $700+ it's pricey too.

So far the Stillen & JBA systems are a bargain.

I'd still like to see some real-world #'s though despite the manufacturer claims.

·
Registered
133 Posts
I have the Stillen single side exhaust and I love it. Its louder than stock, but I cant say how much quieter it is compared to most exhaust because I havent heard other exhaust in person. Got mine for $300 from a friend BNIB :rockon

1 - 9 of 9 Posts