Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I thought some of you would get a kick out of seeing this unique custom set of doors. I have owned a few jeeps in my day and thought this was ... neat. not sure if I would run it on my truck but it looks pretty cool regardless. again, not mine just thought I'd share the link.

Nissan Titan jeep style doors

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
Jeep doors belong on a jeep. Good idea though. Like stated above, not my cup of tea.

·
Registered
869 Posts
It would probably look better if the vinyl color was the same as the truck.

But still not my thing either.

·
Registered
195 Posts
What in the hell are those good for?

·
Registered
7 Posts
My two favorite parts from his craigslist ad:

"Why i originally built them was because i have always wanted a jeep again. Well jeeps def hold there value and i did not want to pay that kinda money for a second vehicle."

and

"asking 2400 with about 4500 invested but willing to listen to all offers."

I have seen plenty of off-road capable jeeps sold on craigslist for about 5k. You can find jeeps that aren't off-road capable for even less if he just wanted to drive around town with no doors. Unless all he really wanted was fabric doors, I see in no way shape or form how this benefits him. There could be a possible loss of structural integrity in a car accident, not to mention the security problems. Theres a reason why people generally don't leave nice things in jeeps and convertibles, they are way to easy to break into without drawing too much attention.

I can see the MasterCard commercial now.

Pair of donor door panels to begin 'jeep door' project. $2000.
Additional tools and materials. $1000
Custom shop's bill for completing your half-***ed project. $1500.
Suffering needless injury from a side-impact car accident with another vehicle and having to fight with the insurance companies because you wanted 'jeep doors', PRICELESS.

I guess to each their own, but seems like a waste of money to me. $2400 can be spent a lot more wisely, even if you are dumping it into the black hole of a money pit we call our trucks. To the OP, thanks for the daily entertainment. Sometimes you stumble across those strange things you just have to share.

·
Registered
163 Posts
What in the hell are those good for?
Rock crawling, trail riding. Anywhere you need maximum visibility of what's going on below and beside you from inside the cabin.

Reactions: d0va

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
haha I thought this might be the reaction. It seams to me that 4500 bucks would get you a very capable cj7. then you wouldn't have to worry about people stealing anything important out of your titan...

·
Registered
6,386 Posts
I don't think that Titan ever did any rock crawling though. Style ??? Loss of side impact protection, much more important, at least in the real world. Not what I would call a "best buy" at $2,400. But it is unique; and I for one, am all for creativity! That fella has it. :)

·
Registered
5,748 Posts
Would have been better if they were half doors...

Reactions: d0va

·
Registered
795 Posts
that my friend.....is gay

·
Registered
2,673 Posts
Agree if they were half doors on a sas titán it would look sweet

1 - 18 of 18 Posts