Nissan Titan Forum banner

Jensen VM9022 Anyone?

9K views 19 replies 8 participants last post by  crisco 
#1 ·
I just saw it in the mailer from Crutchfield, and I am rather interested. I am having heck finding out about the built-in bluetooth however. I think this one might just make me give up the thumb controls. Supposedly dual zone as well. Easy adapter for XM and iPod, not just either or..

Here is a copy-n-paste on the specs:
Features:
6.5" touch screen & multizone
280w max
plays dvd/cd/mp3/wma/aac/ipod®/usb/ secure digital card™/sat ready/bluetooth®
2.0 din
iso-din harness
60w x 4 mosfet power
integrated center channel amp with 40w x 1
upgraded tft screen
secure digital card™ & usb interface
bluetooth® connectivity
picture in picture
esp: 2 mb
7-band eq with specturm analyzer
8-preset eq curves
auto dimmer for tft
mediaplex twin core engine
5.1 dolby® digital & pro-logic® ii
nav ready
full size remote & kid-zone remote
includes medialink under-dash interface adapter
linkdirect–high-speed direct connect interface for playlists, artists, albums, songs, photos & videos
controls all ipod® functions (except ipod® shuffle) via touch screen
high-performance a grade tft screen
336,960 pixels
mediaplex single core engine
compatible with dvd+r, dvd+rw, cd-r, cd-rw, cd-da, mp3, wma, svcd, vcd, mpeg1, mpeg2 & jpeg
2 a/v inputs for external media connecitivity for vcr, dvd player & game console
2 composite video outputs for additional screens
plays mp3/wma files burned onto dvd+r & dvd+rw
supports up to 1,000 songs on a single dvd
compatible with single & dual layer dvd+r
3-band equalizer–bass, midrange & treble
8-preset eq curves
radio broadcast data services
station call letters, song information & artist information
includes 3.5mm rca media interface cable to connect other portable devices
sat ready via smart digital adapter
compatible with various xm & sirius™ satellite tuners
weight: 15 (lbs)

Attachments

See less See more
#5 ·
Stay away form Jensen, it's too good to be true. Jensen is about the lowest quality brand name HU I have ever sceen, although this one may be better than others I'd fork up the extra cash for another brand...

#6 ·
Rick Guess said:
i have been looking at getting a similar Jensen

i ordered a dash cover fron Metra and am gonna take it to a body shop i know to get it color matched to my trucks dash and away i go...
It should match already?

#7 ·
Justintoxicated said:
Stay away form Jensen, it's too good to be true. Jensen is about the lowest quality brand name HU I have ever sceen, although this one may be better than others I'd fork up the extra cash for another brand...
Odd you should say that. Jensen has never been known as a high end item. But they have always been a fair item. They also happened to be owned by Audiovox, who make arguably the best of the drop down monitors. I rather doubt that the parts "Apple" falls far from the tree.

For those of us in a town with a higher crime rate, 600 bucks and a window is far better then 2 grand and a window. :werd:

#8 ·
Well whatever, I have sceen Jense HU in action and they are crap. My friends won't even play burned CD's and he paid way too much for it.

Just my opinion I would never buy Jensen Audio, I'd rather keep the stock CD player...You posted here because you wanted opinions, so I gave mine, take it or leave it no sweat off my back.

I think audiovox is another garbage brand so your right the apple does not fall far from the tree. Hell sony has been known for their excelent TV's over the years too but that does not mean their Car Audio is excelent. In fact I hate my sony HD TV as well, burned out 2 months after I boguht it and took 6 trips of the repair guy to fix it over the next 2-3 months. Now it almost works correctly other than sometimes turning itself on or off.

If you want to buy garbage brands to save a few bucks (not much) then more power to you, A nice screen alone does not make a CD player worth buying IMO. I'd much rather have a less fancy Player that does less things and has less eye candy, so long as it does them all perfectly, vs. a player that does alot of things but only does them so/so.

Under waranty or not I don't want to hassle with problems.

#9 ·
Justintoxicated said:
Well whatever, I have sceen Jense HU in action and they are crap. My friends won't even play burned CD's and he paid way too much for it.

Just my opinion I would never buy Jensen Audio, I'd rather keep the stock CD player...You posted here because you wanted opinions, so I gave mine, take it or leave it no sweat off my back.

I think audiovox is another garbage brand so your right the apple does not fall far from the tree. Hell sony has been known for their excelent TV's over the years too but that does not mean their Car Audio is excelent. In fact I hate my sony HD TV as well, burned out 2 months after I boguht it and took 6 trips of the repair guy to fix it over the next 2-3 months. Now it almost works correctly other than sometimes turning itself on or off.

If you want to buy garbage brands to save a few bucks (not much) then more power to you, A nice screen alone does not make a CD player worth buying IMO. I'd much rather have a less fancy Player that does less things and has less eye candy, so long as it does them all perfectly, vs. a player that does alot of things but only does them so/so.

Under waranty or not I don't want to hassle with problems.
Hey man I thought I'd say something that a lot of people probably wonder around here...

Why do you have to always be such an @ss all the time... no really? An opinion is one thing about a product but to slam someone for considering a product is just a bunch of b/s... Hope you grow up and realize your opinion isn't worth too much in a lot of people's minds around here...

Oh and Bhudda454, this is great unit for the price... I don't think you will be disappointed... I too have seen them in action said "I wouldn't ever buy a Jensen product" but came away reconsidering that statement.

#10 ·
TruckinTitan said:
Hey man I thought I'd say something that a lot of people probably wonder around here...

Why do you have to always be such an @ss all the time... no really? An opinion is one thing about a product but to slam someone for considering a product is just a bunch of b/s... Hope you grow up and realize your opinion isn't worth too much in a lot of people's minds around here...

Oh and Bhudda454, this is great unit for the price... I don't think you will be disappointed... I too have seen them in action said "I wouldn't ever buy a Jensen product" but came away reconsidering that statement.
Thanks for both of your Opinions, and both of you are right in your own way. I have noticed on his climb to 2200+ posts that he seems to get a bit ruffled when not taken at his word. I judge most of the venom he spewed from the screen name. No sweat off my sack. I also rember a time when the self proclaimed audio/visual guru's spouted around here than anything less than 10grand in a stereo was wasted time and money. Simply not true. Patience and design will win over high dollar crap anytime. More does not mean better.

If audiovox is not your cup of tea so be it. Not selling them anyway. Sony has been over hyped to the extreme in "my" opinion from the word go. Fine product but overpriced.

Television = Samsung
Digital Camera = Nikon
Home stereo = Kenwood

Make your own minds up, I will. I just thought I would ask as I saw this HU in the latest Crtuchfield mailer. Thought it would be worth lettign the rest of the crowd know about it and get a feeler out there.

#11 ·
Bhudda454 said:
Thanks for both of your Opinions, and both of you are right in your own way. I have noticed on his climb to 2200+ posts that he seems to get a bit ruffled when not taken at his word. I judge most of the venom he spewed from the screen name. No sweat off my sack. I also rember a time when the self proclaimed audio/visual guru's spouted around here than anything less than 10grand in a stereo was wasted time and money. Simply not true. Patience and design will win over high dollar crap anytime. More does not mean better.

If audiovox is not your cup of tea so be it. Not selling them anyway. Sony has been over hyped to the extreme in "my" opinion from the word go. Fine product but overpriced.

Television = Samsung
Digital Camera = Nikon
Home stereo = Kenwood

Make your own minds up, I will. I just thought I would ask as I saw this HU in the latest Crtuchfield mailer. Thought it would be worth lettign the rest of the crowd know about it and get a feeler out there.
:werd: :cheers:

#12 · (Edited)
TruckinTitan said:

Uhh who did I slam? Just trying to help someone out considering this jensen junk.

All I can say is that you are entitled to your WRONG opinion"

I'm an @** all the time now eh? Why because I don't agree with alot of BS info I see on here? Because I post responses to people crapping on my posts? It's ok for people to slam stuff they have never heard or have any ideas about then hype up Jensen?

Patience and design will win over high dollar crap anytime
Have fun designing your own HU and making your stock titan speakers sound better than some high dollar comps. :)

#13 ·
if the Jensen has a warrenty go for it... looks good to me i am a big fan of eclipse so i will stick with them. i had my eclipse crap out on me but they sent me a new one no qustions asked which made me happy. i love my HU alot it sounds awsome. my point is some of the best brands crap out to so i say go for it. (with warrenty) :redblob" :redblob" :redblob"

#14 ·
debos titan said:
if the Jensen has a warrenty go for it... looks good to me i am a big fan of eclipse so i will stick with them. i had my eclipse crap out on me but they sent me a new one no qustions asked which made me happy. i love my HU alot it sounds awsome. my point is some of the best brands crap out to so i say go for it. (with warrenty) :redblob" :redblob" :redblob"
I used to be like that too, but I had my old clarion crap out on me 5 times just far enough apart for "good guys" to not replace the unit. So it spent a alot of the time being serviced and repaired rather than being in my vehicle...other than that, and the LED's buring out. it was a great HU (yea right).

#15 ·
Justintoxicated said:
I used to be like that too, but I had my old clarion crap out on me 5 times just far enough apart for "good guys" to not replace the unit. So it spent a alot of the time being serviced and repaired rather than being in my vehicle...other than that, and the LED's buring out. it was a great HU (yea right).

if it craps out again i will upgrade but according to eclipse that unit had a bad resistor in it no big deal the sent a new HU

#17 ·
debos titan said:
if it craps out again i will upgrade but according to eclipse that unit had a bad resistor in it no big deal the sent a new HU
Cool eclipse has good service from what I hear, plus they are only a few miles away from me so I'll probably stick with them as well.

#19 ·
As someone that has had a HU crap out on them I have to agree with Justintoxicated. Jensen isn't the worst brand you can buy but its not far from it. Your money is probably better spent getting a better brand HU with less options. Bells and whistles are great but I would prefer a HU do what it is intended to do, play music well. Its great to say, its got a warranty but you won't have that attitude during the month plus it is in for warranty service while your looking at the big hole in your dash listening to nothing but wind and road noise. Hey, you may have great luck with the Jensen and it could serve you well for years while a better head unit may crap out in a month but statistically your odds are better with the better brand.

#20 ·
I think there is just a few closed minded people who are looking for an excuse to bad mouth Jensen… you know, the same people who buy Chevy because everything Ford makes is “junk”; give me a break. I was always a bit leery of buying Jensen because of the reputation but decided to buy the VM9511TS and frankly I love it, feature rich at a relatively low cost. I’m trying to wait patiently for the VM9022 to hit the shelves to put one in my wife’s car.

The only problem I’ve had with them is availability. It took a long time to get the NAV unit for the vm9511ts and the 2007 line is still not available yet. Don’t let the Jerks make your mind up for you, if everything Jensen put out was crap they wouldn’t be in the HU business. Audiovox has been trying to turn Jensen around and appear to be doing a good job.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.