Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had a buddy that attended the SEMA Show last week and brought me back a new product from Jet. It is a Jet 69138 Powr-Flo Mass Air Sensor. It took about 10 minutes to install. It is supposed to increase efficiency so that you get 12+ HP increase, increase mileage, and better throttle control.

I am not a performance guy, but it did seem that I had better pick up and easier starts, but maybe it was my imagination. ;) I will check the mileage on the next long trip that I take.

You can get this at:
Performance Parts
or
Power And Play

BTW, I have a 2007 4WD King Cab Titan.

·
Registered
6,373 Posts
This could be major news! First aftermarket MAS for a Titan; now need the BBK TB to finish it off.

Got to look this up now! VVVrrrrooooommmmmmm :)

Part ordered! Says it will ship by 11/12/2008. Shoud see it soon :)

·
Registered
2,952 Posts
Are these for real? I thought the MAF just sensed and the ECU did all the programing for the engine.

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
If the MAF sent different info to the ECU it could change performance. Not saying that this does but its possible. But if it were true that you can have better mileage and higher horsepower I'd say that would do it from the factory.

·
Registered
6,373 Posts
Jet has been making this kind of stuff for years. I think some are larger, but this is just the sensor, not a MAS Housing. Mine is coming soon!

Part of their claim is that the flow is better by using thinner sensors. The voltage (or resistance) curve provided to the ECU is likely different than OEM.

·
Registered
96 Posts
From the site:

Powr-Flo Mass Air Sensors:

The JET Powr-Flo Mass Air Sensor delivers improved horsepower, torque and mileage from your car, truck or SUV by simply replacing the restrictive stock mass air sensor. The factory sensor not only is a major restrictive point in stock intake systems, but it also limits the full potential of aftermarket cold air intake systems. The flow bench tested design of the JET Mass Air Sensor provides airflow increases of up to 45% and installs in 10 minutes or less. Compatible with other aftermarket upgrades such as computer upgrades, cold air intakes, TBI spacers, free flow exhaust systems, etc.

* Increased horsepower and low end torque
* Improved mileage
* Simple 10 minute installation
* No other vehicle modifications required
* Optimizes cold air intakes

·
Registered
2,952 Posts
Anyone that abreviates 'power' as Powr is NOT getting my money.

Also - if this aftermarket MAF really does make power completely by itself, it makes it the same way someone spraying nitros into the intake does - by tricking the ECU into thinking that there's more air there than there really is.

·
Banned
6,454 Posts
I'm quite sure this was meant for OEM applications, and minor mods. I'm just wondering if this part would benefit anyone with tuning capabilities like Uprev. Can't wait to see installation and application actual usage.

It's funny, I was looking at this thing tonight actually. People have been tuning with MAF's already. Havent heard any big news yet.............

·
Registered
2,579 Posts
I'm all for cheap mods! subscribed. :)

·
Registered
6,373 Posts
No more info available as far as I can tell. Still waiting for mine to arrive. Been waiting 45 minutes or so, so far. LOL. :)

·
Registered
2,952 Posts
im intrested as well.. make sure you do some datalogs showing the cfm of air per sec and also some 0-60 runs before and after so we can decide if this mod is worth getting if you are already uprev tuned..
Okay if Toomny's in then I'm in.

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
im intrested as well.. make sure you do some datalogs showing the cfm of air per sec and also some 0-60 runs before and after so we can decide if this mod is worth getting if you are already uprev tuned..

Uprev already has one for us. i thinks Jarod said like $212.
By itself it wont make a difference but if you can tune for it then the power will come. Jarod said our stock one is unstable over so many hp, and that the F/I guys and n20 guys could benifit from the better maf. In cipher you can also tune for any size intake tube. If you want a 5" tube you can tell it what you have so it will read corectly. The stock maf is calibrated to only read the stock size. thats why some of us that had the S&B threw codes due to a larger maf reading area.
Jet has been building these for a while though, so im sure its a good product. Next on the list would have to be Granatelli for a maf sens

EDIT. Just noticed this is only $139. thats pretty cheap. When i used to buy them they where like $350

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
I am not a performance guy, but it did seem that I had better pick up and easier starts, but maybe it was my imagination. ;) I will check the mileage on the next long trip that I take.

You can get this at:
Performance Parts
or
Power And Play

BTW, I have a 2007 4WD King Cab Titan.
You may have noticed a touchier pedal also. this happens a lot whenever you disconect the maf ot the TB mostly and it takes a while for the throttle valve to recalibrate. I notice mine gets touchy right after i put the stock or pgm TB on. Good news is it wont hurt anything, and if you tune later you can get more power :)

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
You may have noticed a touchier pedal also. this happens a lot whenever you disconect the maf ot the TB mostly and it takes a while for the throttle valve to recalibrate. I notice mine gets touchy right after i put the stock or pgm TB on. Good news is it wont hurt anything, and if you tune later you can get more power :)
When we installed, we disconnected the battery, which they told me reset the computer. I have not noticed a "touchier" pedal... but a smoother, more responsive pedal.

1 - 20 of 66 Posts