Nissan Titan Forum banner
201 - 212 of 212 Posts
Ok guys,. just got my re-tune from UPREV and I have to say WOOOOWWWW!!! AGAIN!! My 0-60 times are still relatively unchanged ranginging from bout 5.6-6.02, depending on the take off... which I will have to tell ya.. for the 1ST time since I've had the truck... IS NOW A PROBLEM:eveilgrin.. A great one!! hehe.. on take off the rear end will spin and bounce if i don't let off. I know that's not good it's just that i think it's cool that my truck has to worry about traction now!! I'll be posting some 1/4 mile times later when i get them but it is once again pullin even harder than before. Just when i thought the ride couldn't get more fun... BAMMM :gunz: .. more kick in the pants.. I guess it's time for some Traction Bars, umm.. A Big Brake Kit , and Tires now.. huh.. A really BIG THANKS to TOOMNYMODS(great advise) and UPREV(Greatest NISSAN MOD!!!)and to all of TT for listening!!:cheers:

Also,TOOMNYMODS... MARKISLIVE... question.. How long if, any, will the computer take to adjust to the new re-tune from UPREV? Is it going to continue getting faster or after a day is that pretty much where it's gonna be? I've read that it sometimes takes the computer @ 1-2 weeks of driving to become OPTIMAL... Is this right??
When should I start doing more data logs? Do I need to wait a week or what??
Tks, Keith

PAPARYNO said:
Ok guys,. just got my re-tune from UPREV and I have to say WOOOOWWWW!!! AGAIN!! My 0-60 times are still relatively unchanged ranginging from bout 5.6-6.02, depending on the take off... which I will have to tell ya.. for the 1ST time since I've had the truck... IS NOW A PROBLEM:eveilgrin.. A great one!! hehe.. on take off the rear end will spin and bounce if i don't let off. I know that's not good it's just that i think it's cool that my truck has to worry about traction now!! I'll be posting some 1/4 mile times later when i get them but it is once again pullin even harder than before. Just when i thought the ride couldn't get more fun... BAMMM :gunz: .. more kick in the pants.. I guess some Traction Bars as well as Tires now.. huh.. A really BIG THANKS to TOOMNYMODS(great advise) and UPREV(Greatest NISSAN MOD!!!)and to all of TT for listening!!:cheers:

Also,TOOMNYMODS... MARKISLIVE... question.. How long if, any, will the computer take to adjust to the new re-tune from UPREV? Is it going to continue getting faster or after a day is that pretty much where it's gonna be? I've read that it sometimes takes the computer @ 1-2 weeks of driving to become OPTIMAL... Is this right??
When should I start doing more data logs? Do I need to wait a week or what??
Tks, Keith

Awesome news. Keep that 4door moving faster. I just ran 14.35@95 without the cams so I'll be watching your posts...wink...WHITE IS FASTEST!

Also the retune time depends on your changes to the fuel tables if they were significant then several weeks if not then a few days. Basically the truck needs to hit several cells enough times to change the fuel trims. When you see the AFR CORRECTION % values at 98-104 at idle in P then your learned.

Tks RB.. with cams you'll be wicked fast.. I think it's the weight of my truck that holds it back but I'm NOT COMPLAINING!!. Fully loaded at 5700lbs. --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
also, my mph 1/4 mile was higher but your tk was quicker.. whats' your 0-60 times & tk weight??

PAPARYNO said:
Tks RB.. with cams you'll be wicked fast.. I think it's the weight of my truck that holds it back but I'm NOT COMPLAINING!!. Fully loaded at 5700lbs. --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
also, my mph 1/4 mile was higher but your tk was quicker.. whats' your 0-60 times & tk weight??
5310-5360 pending on fuel and whether I lost or gained weight myself. Here's my slip. I've got cams in my garage just have not installed them yet. I'm looking for a very cold day here soon to run her again in full trim to see if I can break that 14.35

I was a 15.9-16.1 stock truck. 275hp/331tq

Attachments

I was a 15.9-16.1 stock truck. 275hp/331tq[/QUOTE]

ok.. i feel better now.. that's exactly where mine was stock.. 16.1...

Just returned from DYNO. Here are the #'s.... look at the max hp/tq area gains in higher rpm where these cams work.. Gains of @90hp/95tq!!!!! I'll tell ya the truth.. The truck feels like the #'s should be higher to me( the hp/tq #'don't accurately show the trucks responsive improvements) but everyone there seemed to be hugely impressed with the gains in just 2 weeks. Also, I thought the cams were supposed to drop a lil tq at lower rpm's?? I didn't see ANY decrease. Just the higher the rpm the more the cams made a difference!!This truck is sooo much faster.. ok trying to get the dyno's uploaded..:wtf:

BTW.. if someone knows how to do this which makes it easier to read/see... feel free.. tks
Also,, What cha think about the last attachment.. AFR

Attachments

PAPARYNO said:
Just returned from DYNO. Here are the #'s.... look at the max hp/tq area gains in higher rpm where these cams work.. Gains of @90hp/95tq!!!!! I'll tell ya the truth.. The truck feels like the #'s should be higher to me( the hp/tq #'don't accurately show the trucks responsive improvements) but everyone there seemed to be hugely impressed with the gains in just 2 weeks. Also, I thought the cams were supposed to drop a lil tq at lower rpm's?? I didn't see ANY decrease. Just the higher the rpm the more the cams made a difference!!This truck is sooo much faster.. ok trying to get the dyno's uploaded..:wtf:

BTW.. if someone knows how to do this which makes it easier to read/see... feel free.. tks
Also,, What cha think about the last attachment.. AFR
Whaooo! NIce numbers and what a comparison. Ask for the dynojet files they have an extension .drf and you can then read them with WinPep7 software free downlaod at dynojet.com

AFR looks spot on brother good tune.

Discussion starter · #209 ·
RB's Titan said:
Whaooo! NIce numbers and what a comparison. Ask for the dynojet files they have an extension .drf and you can then read them with WinPep7 software free downlaod at dynojet.com

AFR looks spot on brother good tune.

yea i think he is using the identical tune i got right now..

yep.. it is the same tune.. Jared said our mods are almost identical and i'll tell ya.. This thing is just crazy, wicked, evil quick.. The response is awesome. Need I say again.. TKS TOOMNYMODS!!

AFR looks spot on brother good tune.[/QUOTE]

hehe.. tks RB.. you said it best WHITE IS THE FASTEST..:cheers:

Other post was getting kinda full so decided to move all the media to this post so new people could find the install pics, vids and the upcoming 0-60 and 0-100 pulls that will be coming in the next few days..

First are the vids since those don't occupy much room

Cam installation video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hxtsBsFr98s

WOT runs with the 2.25" b-pipes(untuned still not getting WOT till 10-14 mph)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZCe33ZVExTE

WOT runs with the 2.5" b-pipes after re-tune from Uprev
http://youtube.com/watch?v=I7W5aek6lZY

At the exhaust shop getting the 2.5" b-pipes made
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6q0Zh8o_i6c

The main reason i'm going to the 2.5" b-pipes is cause of this dyno comparison here only diffence is markislive had 2.5" b-pipes and i had 2.25" our mods are nearly identical... Notice after 4700rpm's my hp/tq suffer greatly and falls off atleast 500rpms sooner than marks

(this dyno was before cams guys don't get confused, hehe)

Will have some 2.5" b-pipe WOT runs prob this weekend after getting tuned on saturday..

Here is the dyno comparison of 2.25" b-pipes before cams and 2.5" b-pipes with cams..

LOL sorry it took so long to respond but jared at uprev definatly had his hands full today.. he had to extend my Base Fuel Schedule tables.. after 5,500 rpms it was pegged out and didnt know what to do.. He also had to rewrite my Electronic Throttle Control tables cause it wasnt getting WOT off the line and the throttle body was closing at 5,400 rpms 600 rpms before shifting.. which he said was very very odd, but he was able to make it hold WOT thru the shift for max power.. He also did a LOT of work on my a/f ratios and ignition timing tables.. today when i went in there I only had 301peak hp and 351tq.. so by my ign timing being set too agressive i was actually losing power to some degree..

after 6 hrs of pain, misery, and suffering on my poor truck here's the numbers..

Here is the max gain achieved at 5900rpm's cams vs. no cams (42RWHP gain)

Ok, here are the install pics..

getting started@10pm..

Pic of everything installed before tearing her down,lol

valve cover removed exposing the stock cams...

opening up the passenger side.. showing stock cams

drivers side semi finished with JWT cams installed/torqued down. and new sealant applied.. to the mating surfaces on backside of the timing chain cover

Valve cover off on passenger side, and getting ready to remove the stock cams on passenger side.. have to remove the tensioner first which is on the bottom side of the motor on passenger side..

closeup of passenger side cam sprockets..

JWT camshafts sitting in the head about to bolt them in and torque them down..

Aaron having to crawl into my engine bay to reach back valve cover bolts,lol

Here are the first things i thought bout cams after installing them..

just got back to dallas, and these damn things rip! I've never been able to do a burnout with my 22's past 15-20mph before cause thier so wide but today after dropping off all my junk, and 6 tires in storage with 1/2 tank of gas i floored it around 15mph and broke both the tires loose and they didnt grab till 40-45mph.. If you know how hard this truck accelerates in first gear with uprev tune it pulls that hard now from 0-85mph might pull that hard past that i dunno i didnt wanna be going over 80mph on a 45 mph 2 way street, lol that'd = insta jail time if a cop woulda caught me.. realy really really tired I've gotten less than 10 hrs sleep since thursday night, and need a nap before work, i'll take the data off my camcorder and get a vid up tonight for you guys.. will prob make a new post with all the pics/vids to keep it all in one area..

Well after reviewing datalogs my truck is having to learn the uprev tune all over again.. which isnt bad.. im not sure if disconnecting the throttle body wiring harness affected it but on my first 2 runs datalogging it only showed like a 1 volt reading till she hit 45 mph then it slowly crept up to 3.5 volts and never got to 4 volts.. but on the 3rd run it hit 4 volts by 10 mph.. will definatly keep datalogging to make sure i dont need re-tuning but as of now i dont think i do, everything is working awesome, including adding a EXTRA 50-60 GRAMS/SEC!! my peak air intake now is around 288 and it never goes under 265-270-ish under wot.. before the cams it would mostly pull 225 and pull 255max.. this is really making me soooo happy more air= lot MORE POWER!! I can't sleep right now too damn excited bout all this newfound power,lol I just wish this was a chaper mod but it's definatly worth 1,000 bucks as it unleashes a can of fury past 55mph where our trucks really fall flat on it's face.. i'm editing some installation vids now and will post up a new post under perfomance mods called JWT cam install with all the pics, and vids i will be making in the coming days.. i really wanna show u how hard this thing pulls past 55mph i think u guys are going to faint,lol i know i nearly did today i was soo happy/proud
Thanks again to my friend aaron now we can all see the power of the titan with it unleashed..
Watch out hemi's a new dog has a big bite and is comin for ya..

I know this is an old thread but I was wondering if you still had the videos of the install and all the pictures that where up. they have been removed some how thanks in advance

201 - 212 of 212 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.