Nissan Titan Forum banner

Jim Wolf cam installation pics/vids/dyno results

32K views 211 replies 34 participants last post by  Omarr 
#1 · (Edited)
Other post was getting kinda full so decided to move all the media to this post so new people could find the install pics, vids and the upcoming 0-60 and 0-100 pulls that will be coming in the next few days..

First are the vids since those don't occupy much room

Cam installation video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hxtsBsFr98s

WOT runs with the 2.25" b-pipes(untuned still not getting WOT till 10-14 mph)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZCe33ZVExTE

WOT runs with the 2.5" b-pipes after re-tune from Uprev
http://youtube.com/watch?v=I7W5aek6lZY

At the exhaust shop getting the 2.5" b-pipes made
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6q0Zh8o_i6c

The main reason i'm going to the 2.5" b-pipes is cause of this dyno comparison here only diffence is markislive had 2.5" b-pipes and i had 2.25" our mods are nearly identical... Notice after 4700rpm's my hp/tq suffer greatly and falls off atleast 500rpms sooner than marks

(this dyno was before cams guys don't get confused, hehe)

Will have some 2.5" b-pipe WOT runs prob this weekend after getting tuned on saturday..

Here is the dyno comparison of 2.25" b-pipes before cams and 2.5" b-pipes with cams..

LOL sorry it took so long to respond but jared at uprev definatly had his hands full today.. he had to extend my Base Fuel Schedule tables.. after 5,500 rpms it was pegged out and didnt know what to do.. He also had to rewrite my Electronic Throttle Control tables cause it wasnt getting WOT off the line and the throttle body was closing at 5,400 rpms 600 rpms before shifting.. which he said was very very odd, but he was able to make it hold WOT thru the shift for max power.. He also did a LOT of work on my a/f ratios and ignition timing tables.. today when i went in there I only had 301peak hp and 351tq.. so by my ign timing being set too agressive i was actually losing power to some degree..

after 6 hrs of pain, misery, and suffering on my poor truck here's the numbers..

Here is the max gain achieved at 5900rpm's cams vs. no cams (42RWHP gain)

Ok, here are the install pics..

getting started@10pm..

Pic of everything installed before tearing her down,lol

valve cover removed exposing the stock cams...

opening up the passenger side.. showing stock cams

drivers side semi finished with JWT cams installed/torqued down. and new sealant applied.. to the mating surfaces on backside of the timing chain cover

Valve cover off on passenger side, and getting ready to remove the stock cams on passenger side.. have to remove the tensioner first which is on the bottom side of the motor on passenger side..

closeup of passenger side cam sprockets..

JWT camshafts sitting in the head about to bolt them in and torque them down..

Aaron having to crawl into my engine bay to reach back valve cover bolts,lol

Here are the first things i thought bout cams after installing them..

just got back to dallas, and these damn things rip! I've never been able to do a burnout with my 22's past 15-20mph before cause thier so wide but today after dropping off all my junk, and 6 tires in storage with 1/2 tank of gas i floored it around 15mph and broke both the tires loose and they didnt grab till 40-45mph.. If you know how hard this truck accelerates in first gear with uprev tune it pulls that hard now from 0-85mph might pull that hard past that i dunno i didnt wanna be going over 80mph on a 45 mph 2 way street, lol that'd = insta jail time if a cop woulda caught me.. realy really really tired I've gotten less than 10 hrs sleep since thursday night, and need a nap before work, i'll take the data off my camcorder and get a vid up tonight for you guys.. will prob make a new post with all the pics/vids to keep it all in one area..

Well after reviewing datalogs my truck is having to learn the uprev tune all over again.. which isnt bad.. im not sure if disconnecting the throttle body wiring harness affected it but on my first 2 runs datalogging it only showed like a 1 volt reading till she hit 45 mph then it slowly crept up to 3.5 volts and never got to 4 volts.. but on the 3rd run it hit 4 volts by 10 mph.. will definatly keep datalogging to make sure i dont need re-tuning but as of now i dont think i do, everything is working awesome, including adding a EXTRA 50-60 GRAMS/SEC!! my peak air intake now is around 288 and it never goes under 265-270-ish under wot.. before the cams it would mostly pull 225 and pull 255max.. this is really making me soooo happy more air= lot MORE POWER!! I can't sleep right now too damn excited bout all this newfound power,lol I just wish this was a chaper mod but it's definatly worth 1,000 bucks as it unleashes a can of fury past 55mph where our trucks really fall flat on it's face.. i'm editing some installation vids now and will post up a new post under perfomance mods called JWT cam install with all the pics, and vids i will be making in the coming days.. i really wanna show u how hard this thing pulls past 55mph i think u guys are going to faint,lol i know i nearly did today i was soo happy/proud
Thanks again to my friend aaron now we can all see the power of the titan with it unleashed..
Watch out hemi's a new dog has a big bite and is comin for ya..

See less See more
#4 · (Edited)
i can definatly feel better top end with the 2.5"s thier's no doubt in my mind.. That video is with the 2.25" lol only place the 2.25" might be better is under 3k rpms which the dyno wont show anyways.. and since our trucks live at 4k+ rpms at the track im gonna stay with the 2.5" either way.. i dunno if you guys remember when markislive had his titan, he had almost identical mods compared to mine and this was the results..

ony diffrence here is he had 2.5" b-pipes and mine where 2.25" (this dyno was before cams guys don't get confused, hehe)

this is the main reason I went to 2.5" b-pipes this week, making a vid now showing what they will look like, this cost me like 200.00 total (i had the cats already) just had to buy 30 degree mandrel bend, and a 15 degree bend, and the 4 dynatech flanges to make my old 3" cats into 2.5's

#5 ·
Sounds and looks aggressive. Let us know how the numbers look after uprev tune.

#10 ·
Toomnymods said:
might be a few weeks for that most tracks i go to are closed this sunday for memorial weekend.. so will have to wait till ennis is open or hrp..
It should be Federally mandated that all drag strips are open 24/7/365.

#12 · (Edited)
DeadRiver said:
sounding awesome...

about your install buddy.. of course he said it was a POS i saw an old ford in his driveway haha..
hehe that ol' pos of his runs 11.90's @115mph the thing is brutal.. has a 383 stroker motor and lotta motor work dont know what all is done to it but it definatly is one of the fastest trucks ive ever ridden in and it's all motor no nitrous, turbo, nor sc..

hehe i did that on purpose i knew he'd say that,lol he likes my truck but always rags on it not being american, lol and when he seen the way the lifters where he was rather pissed.. he said " you know if this was a american car with rockers and lash caps we could have this **** done in like 2-3 hrs, but the way these dumbasses designed ur motor u have to install/measure, take out the cams measure the lifter then reinstall again.. which = like 20 hrs of work.. "

#14 ·
Toomany the track is closed Sunday....bummer. I'm in agreement with PapaD...it should be open.

So glad to see all posts consolidated here.

#16 ·
Man Toomany what do you do for a living, allowing you to spend so much on your truck? Looking good! I am totally jealous!!!

#18 ·
DeadRiver said:
haha, some one should contact pinks...

you could do titan vs tundra, OR TT titan vs CT titan..

so many combos and possibilities.

although I don't think toomnymods would want to lose his ride.. he works hard i'm sure

Um... what team would Toomnymods drive for? CT or TT ... HAHAHAH

#19 ·
DeadRiver said:
haha, some one should contact pinks...

you could do titan vs tundra, OR TT titan vs CT titan..

so many combos and possibilities.

although I don't think toomnymods would want to lose his ride.. he works hard i'm sure
on pinks all out, they race for money not for slips.

#20 ·
goathead said:
on pinks all out, they race for money not for slips.
oh yeah, good call, that's where they do the 1000...

RobKar said:
Um... what team would Toomnymods drive for? CT or TT ... HAHAHAH
haha good question.. i stick to this forum though, otherwise i'd get nothing done!

#21 ·
Overide said:
Man Toomany what do you do for a living, allowing you to spend so much on your truck? Looking good! I am totally jealous!!!

when i bought the truck i was working for lockheed martin making nearly 25 bucks a hr.. got laid off due to the stupid *** war in iraq, now im employed with bell helicopter, took a 11 dollar a hr paycut but in the end this job will pay more, think aircraft painters top out at 28 bucks a hr and will take me about 5 yrs to get there.. gotta love the 50 cent payraises every 4 months, hehe

#25 ·
Toomnymods said:
dunno what i'll get next, prob a bigger throttle body, really runnin out of cheap mods to do, the last two mods will be fully built tranny by ipt and turbo setup.. but that is atleast 1 yr away.
If I were you, I would look into having a custom set of adjustable cam gears made that will still carry the VTC parts after the turbo install. I have seen a turbo Hyundai tiburon gain 58HP and 60ft lb of torque just by advancing the exhaust by 4 deg and retarding the intake 3 deg to eliminate the overlap.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.