Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m looking for owners of JL Stealth Boxes to give me opinions on their setup compared to other systems that you have heard. Any input would really be appreciated in helping me make a decision.

·
Premium Member
2,981 Posts
I have heard both versions, King and Crew Cab. They do not compare to custom. The MTX and Probox are louder than the JL but not as clean. There is plenty of room to work with in the Titan so buying a prefab is a waste. The stealth enclosure is for soccer moms. Are you a soccer mom?

·
Registered
31 Posts
I have the JL Stealth box in my '07 Crew Cab. I will admit that they are a little pricey, but if you enjoy listening to music the way it was intended to be listened to, then you really can't go wrong. Just make sure that you get a GOOD amp to push the 10's. I've got a JL 500/1 and it does the job.

·
Premium Member
2,981 Posts
The Stealthbox does not compare to a custom enclosure/sub combo. A couple of entry level Boston Acoustics or Sundown Audio subs in a custom enclosure will sound twice as good and cost half as much. The custom route will sound better, hit harder, play lower, get louder and play much cleaner than the Stealthbox. The Crew Cab version houses 2 10" W3's and does not have enough airspace to get the most out of those drivers so they do not even come close to their potential in that application. I have used JL subs in more installs than just about anybody. If you don't believe me, pull those subs out and install then in a custom tech12volt enlosure with about 0.8 cuft/chamber and see for yourself.

There are applications where the Stealthbox kicks *** and is well worth it but not in the Titan... Now... If your looking to just add a little rumble with a clean look and do not mind spending the extra dough go ahead and buy the Stealthbox, but it will not compare to a custom built setup.

·
Premium Member
2,981 Posts
07TitanLE said:
I have the JL Stealth box in my '07 Crew Cab. I will admit that they are a little pricey, but if you enjoy listening to music the way it was intended to be listened to, then you really can't go wrong. Just make sure that you get a GOOD amp to push the 10's. I've got a JL 500/1 and it does the job.
When you say "enjoy listening to music the way it was intended to be listened to" I hope your not referring to your factory head unit and speakers.

·
Registered
4,808 Posts
The stealth box is OK but not worth anything close to what they charge for it. I was at the old town meet this weekend and got to hear a lot of different setups and the TECH12 boxes sounded the best. I heard all different types of subs, Sundown, Boston, Kicker, etc and they all sounded really nice.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
P-Dizzle said:
I have heard both versions, King and Crew Cab. They do not compare to custom. The MTX and Probox are louder than the JL but not as clean. There is plenty of room to work with in the Titan so buying a prefab is a waste. The stealth enclosure is for soccer moms. Are you a soccer mom?

No, I'm not a soccer mom. I just haven't heard any one of these setups and I'm relying heavily on your opinions to help me make a decision. I have a local dealer here that I've used with for about 7 years that really likes the JL Stealth's. At the same time he has never heard one in a Titan and I it makes sense that these boxes for our trucks may not sound as good as they do in other applications.

·
Registered
31 Posts
P-Dizzle said:
When you say "enjoy listening to music the way it was intended to be listened to" I hope your not referring to your factory head unit and speakers.
Nope, I have a Pioneer AVIC-D1 and TMA 6.5" Components front and rear with a JL 300/4. I was refering to the lower frequencies you cannot achieve without subs.

·
Premium Member
2,981 Posts
07TitanLE said:
Nope, I have a Pioneer AVIC-D1 and TMA 6.5" Components front and rear with a JL 300/4. I was refering to the lower frequencies you cannot achieve without subs.

Just checking... What is your opinion on TMA? They seem to be decent for the money. JL has aquired them so they can't be to bad.

·
Registered
31 Posts
P-Dizzle said:
Just checking... What is your opinion on TMA? They seem to be decent for the money. JL has aquired them so they can't be to bad.
I can't complain. They're not the best and on the other hand they're not the worst. I got a good deal on them and I am happy with clarity of the music. I would recommend them for anyone who's thinking of upgrading.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts