Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally pulled the trigger and placed my order with UPREV. Spoke with Jared Saturday night and hopefully will be receiving my disk and cable the beginning of next week. A friend of mine who builds tubos told me to ask Jared if we put a turbo on the Titan could he tune it for that application. Jared said he could but I would probably need to get it to Texas so they could dyno it there. Now I need Tru Track and the race will be on.:cheers:
Also JBA Headers on sale......Damn some people may not get Christmas presents this year. LOL

·
Registered
754 Posts
PiercerNC said:
Finally pulled the trigger and placed my order with UPREV. Spoke with Jared Saturday night and hopefully will be receiving my disk and cable the beginning of next week. A friend of mine who builds tubos told me to ask Jared if we put a turbo on the Titan could he tune it for that application. Jared said he could but I would probably need to get it to Texas so they could dyno it there. Now I need Tru Track and the race will be on.:cheers:
Also JBA Headers on sale......Damn some people may not get Christmas presents this year. LOL
hope u enjoy uprev and dont forget to watch your tire bill lol

·
Registered
392 Posts
Yeah, I'm jealous, haha. It's on my list. Enjoy it.

·
Registered
116 Posts
I'm a little ignorant on this topic this may be a dumb Q.. But if they have the ability to tune it for performance hence the name "uprev" does that mean they can also throw a tune on for economy? Don't get me wrong I love my truck weather it gets 5MPG or 20MPG. However I believe if I go the economy route with the wife I have a better chance of having a kick *** xmas/anniversary!

·
Registered
841 Posts
CRYPYKev said:
I'm a little ignorant on this topic this may be a dumb Q.. But if they have the ability to tune it for performance hence the name "uprev" does that mean they can also throw a tune on for economy? Don't get me wrong I love my truck weather it gets 5MPG or 20MPG. However I believe if I go the economy route with the wife I have a better chance of having a kick *** xmas/anniversary!
economy = 55 MPH on the highway...

PS: make sure you stay in the right lane

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
They are sending a stock tune, 93 octane tune, 89 octane tune, low octane, and economy tune. Jared said the economy tune was new but he had not heard any complaints as of yet, but most of us with uprev want faster not economical or we wouldnt spend $700.00, but if it works I can use it. Gonna try to Dyno the truck befor uprev and then after so I can see what kind of gains I get and then again after I send my logs and get the final tune done.

·
Super Moderator
93,617 Posts
If you're going to do the Uprev and Tru Trac, which is better to start with?

·
Registered
86 Posts
Start with Uprev, you will never light up your rear tires until you get the torque managment removed by Uprev, which is part of every tune. Then you will have traction issues. Your 0-40 MPH will be crazy fast. I have driven RBs Titan. WOW!

·
Super Moderator
93,617 Posts
RB hasn't installed the Tru Trac yet?

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Just got back from the Dyno so I could get some before and after uprev readings. Only got to do one run though due to his equipment malfunction. Hopefully he will get it fixed so I can get a few more runs in before Thursday.
SAE smoothing 5 Max power 284.34 Max torque 334.00
But I dont know how accurate those numbers are with equipment malfunction.
I'll try to post some more numbers ina day or so. Ready for uprev.

·
Super Moderator
93,617 Posts
Sounds like his equiment was off.

·
Registered
322 Posts
I have a 04 SE 4x4. I asked Matt at uprev if they fix the 0 to 40 thing. He then asked if I had a 4x4, Then he told me that the 4x4 trucks don't have the half throttle 0 to 40 problem. I have always felt like my truck had the problem. It pulls harder after 40. Does any one have a 4x4 with uprev that can tell me that the problem was there or not. Is 10.76 hp gain is worth $700. This is a dyno chart from uprev site to show the gains. I don't know if this 07 is 2wd or 4wd.
http://www.uprev.com/images/Titan_Base4.gif

·
Registered
116 Posts
bigjimbo said:
economy = 55 MPH on the highway...

PS: make sure you stay in the right lane

Maybe if you read the entire post there'd be no reason to expose your @$$, I clearly stated I could care less about MPG it was purly to sell it to the wife.... take it easy BIGjimbo

·
Registered
841 Posts
CRYPYKev said:
Maybe if you read the entire post there'd be no reason to expose your @$$, I clearly stated I could care less about MPG it was purly to sell it to the wife.... take it easy BIGjimbo
HA! I was joking. Remove the wedgie.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Ok went to the dyno again tonight to get a base. Max power 292.33 max torque 346.62 A/F 11.03. Uprev should be here tomorrow. :gunz:

·
Registered
322 Posts
PiercerNC said:
Ok went to the dyno again tonight to get a base. Max power 292.33 max torque 346.62 A/F 11.03. Uprev should be here tomorrow. :gunz:
I see in your sig it says you have the 2* advance, I think that it has to be removed before you install uprev. I also see you have a 4x4, so please let me know the answer to my earlier post #13. Thanks.

·
Registered
96 Posts
titan4740 said:
I have a 04 SE 4x4. I asked Matt at uprev if they fix the 0 to 40 thing. He then asked if I had a 4x4, Then he told me that the 4x4 trucks don't have the half throttle 0 to 40 problem. I have always felt like my truck had the problem. It pulls harder after 40. Does any one have a 4x4 with uprev that can tell me that the problem was there or not. Is 10.76 hp gain is worth $700. This is a dyno chart from uprev site to show the gains. I don't know if this 07 is 2wd or 4wd.
http://www.uprev.com/images/Titan_Base4.gif
My Titan also has the restriction until 40mph and it is a 4x4. Its really hesitant then as soon as it hits 40 it opens right up and goes. I wonder if only some 4x4 configurations had this?

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Just tried to reflash ecm and got error message. I called Matt and he had the software guy call me back. Waiting on a file to be emailed to try to fix this. Hopefully we can get this fixed tonight. Their response so far tonight has been great.

·
Registered
214 Posts
I haven't noticed a problem with my 07 4x4 titan. Even if I throttle up and hold the break before a launch it will burn the tires before they grab. It doesn't seem to hesitate much. Maybe this is only on some trucks?

1 - 20 of 44 Posts