Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 82 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Ok so here we go, this will be the spot for my new Titan and all the mods/updates I have planned.

New pics:

First mods on day 2 of ownership:
Blacked out all the emblems
"dipped" the wiper arms (really faded)
Added tow kit
LED in the dome.
LED for the plates
Claybarred

YouTube Video of plastidip removal...
http://youtu.be/D_kQe2fofSc

This past weekend:
Added 8k HID's
Switchbacks

Need to get better pics but, so much better than stock!

Future plans:
Intake
Exhaust?
Grill upgrade (no billet for me...)
Black out mod the headlights
Add OEM fogs upgrade to 6k HID's
Tailights (new or add LED's)
Add interior LED's in the floors/doors
Pioneer AVIC-X930BT
14" flip down monitor
Box with 2 JL 10 and 500/1 amp
Rear view camera
(all sitting in my closet awaiting installation!)
Possibly update to blk wheels down the road.

I'll update my pics as I update my ride.
Thanks for looking! :)

·
Registered
7,353 Posts
looks good bro. i dig the black badges.

·
Registered
2,383 Posts
sick i like the badges too if i didnt debadge i would do that.....what brand HIDs did you go w/?

·
Registered
2,156 Posts
Looks great man, so did you install HID's in the turn signals? Those look too damn bright to be anything else, do explain :)

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys, I'm off to a good start!
I was going to debadge and want to but I tested with the 5.6 on the tail gate and it left a shadow even after a claybar job.

Got the HID's from HIDExtra.com The leader in Xenon HID conversion kits have bought from them in the past and have had no issues.

The turnsignals are these:

60 LED Switchbacks LED's. They are white (and bright!) but when you turn on your signal they blink amber.
Got them from,
www.autolumination.com Tail Light Brake Light Turn Signal LED Bulbs I have been buying from them for years, way better then V-LED...IMO

·
Registered
2,156 Posts

·
Registered
984 Posts
I really dig those turn signal lights...

nice truck!

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
that's awesome! Any chance you could tell us which bulb you got from them, very interested!:coolsmile
They are the 3157 60 LED Switchback bulb. About 1/2 way down on this page, they are $25 ea. but well worth it!
3157 Tail Light Brake Light Turn Signal LED Bulbs

Oh and added some updates today! Got the OEM fogs, clear lenses for the doors (need to wire them up) And new bumper caps, mine were kind of beaten down...

·
Registered
52 Posts
nice the truck looks good.

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
Thanks for the link. I found the ones that you mentioned but also came across the stealth 60 led 3157 bulb as well. If I read the description correctly they say they are brighter? Any reason you didnt go with the stealth ones instead? They are about $5 more per bulb. Thanks..!!! Truck looks great..!!

They are the 3157 60 LED Switchback bulb. About 1/2 way down on this page, they are $25 ea. but well worth it!
3157 Tail Light Brake Light Turn Signal LED Bulbs

Oh and added some updates today! Got the OEM fogs, clear lenses for the doors (need to wire them up) And new bumper caps, mine were kind of beaten down...

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks for the link. I found the ones that you mentioned but also came across the stealth 60 led 3157 bulb as well. If I read the description correctly they say they are brighter? Any reason you didnt go with the stealth ones instead? They are about $5 more per bulb. Thanks..!!! Truck looks great..!!
Ah ha, because I blew it, those are the ones I meant to get. The ones I got are wht and when you turn on the blinker they only blink amber. I like the "amber/white (AW) which blink both colors. Might have to switch mine up!

Anyways, I finally got the video uploaded...

YouTube - ‪2007 Titan with 60 LED Switchbacks‬‏

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
When you did the black out on the badges what kind of paint did you use b/c from the looks of it, you didnt cover all the way around the letters just made a rectangle and painted some of the truck but the truck's paint was fine after you peeled the paper away, maybe i was missing something. But great looking truck, and love those turn signals now im going to have to order me some!

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
for the turn signal ones did u go with the 3157 wedge or one of the other styles?

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
When you did the black out on the badges what kind of paint did you use b/c from the looks of it, you didnt cover all the way around the letters just made a rectangle and painted some of the truck but the truck's paint was fine after you peeled the paper away, maybe i was missing something. But great looking truck, and love those turn signals now im going to have to order me some!
I used plastidip, you just paint over the emblems as you saw in the pic and it just peels away around the letters. It's like magic! I have a video to post but check this one out, same thing:
YouTube - ‪Plasti-Dip on my emblems‬‏

1 - 20 of 82 Posts