Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Husband owns an '06 Titan and I was wondering if there are any kind of procedures that can be done to improve performance. For example, I own an '05 Dodge Magnum and I learned that if you:

1. Turn key to "on" position, do not start
2. Quickly depress accelerator all the way to the floor and release.
3. (In this step, I am unsure if you turn key to 'off' before starting it or not) Start vehicle.

This procedure is supposed to give the vehicle a little more "get up 'n go" although there has been a wide range of differences in opinion. Some have a noticeable difference while others have not.

·
Premium Member
9,417 Posts
Mr.PoolMan said:
My Husband owns an '06 Titan and I was wondering if there are any kind of procedures that can be done to improve performance. For example, I own an '05 Dodge Magnum and I learned that if you:

3. (In this step, I am unsure if you turn key to 'off' before starting it or not) Start vehicle.

This procedure is supposed to give the vehicle a little more "get up 'n go" although there has been a wide range of differences in opinion. Some have a noticeable difference while others have not.
Aftermarket accessories, two-degree timing advance, Osiris tune...

None of what you describe is a performance enhancer for the Titan.

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
You want power out of your toy, just drive it like you stole it all the time. Your stock ecu will remap itself for your aggressive driving style.

·
Premium Member
31,154 Posts
No offense, but that sounds like BS....
Get a cold air intake, exhaust, 2* timing advance, and maybe even a uprev tune...Good luck...

·
Premium Member
92,554 Posts
Mr.PoolMan said:

Now that's different. A woman (I hope) with a login of "Mr." Poolman. :lol: Interesting....

How did you find out about this "performance enhancing" trick? Is it published by Dodge or is it from a forum or something? Just interested to know if the manufacturer actually tells people about things like this. Typically, they don't. It tends to make for more broken mechanical components if the vehicles are pushed past their "derated" capabilities.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts