Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1. I have the radio problem, at which the dealership told me that turning on the SSV would fix. This is not the problem and I will be calling Nissan for the second time to complain about this. This is very annoying and unacceptable for a 34k vehicle.
2. I bought my vehicle at a tent sale on a bad rainy day and really didn't do a good walk around of my vehicle, so it has taken some time for me to find some of the problems. The first problem that I had was that the bottom right corner of my tailgate was broken off. I brought it back to the dealership and they told me to take it to a body shop and have them look at it and fix it. Well I tried to tell the dealership that this would be un-fixable with bondo but the told me to go anyway, so I go and within 2 seconds of looking at the body shop guy told me to tell them to get me a new tailgate. So back to the dealership I go, and after a few minutes of the sales manager, shop manager and salesman looking at it they decide that they will get me a new one. Come to find out, If they dont catch any problems within 48 hours of drop off at the dealership, the dealership has to pay out of pocket to fix things like this. Now I see why the push to just fix it with bondo. Now Im just waiting for them to call me to install the new tail gate. Also after having the vehicle for two weeks I noticed that I did not have the V 8 ENDURANCE decal on the right side of my vehicle, so just to make sure that it was supposed to have one on that side I went back by the dealership, and low and behold it does. So the next day I go back to the dealership and tell them and once again they act like its my fault. So after about 10 min they finally fill out an order form to get me one. My thoughts on this are since they are probably tired of seeing my Titan pull back on the lot maybe the next time they get more Titans in maybe they will do a better inspection of the vehicle.
3. Has anyone noticed when they turn the heat up and have the floor vents on that the ducting that runs just in front of the front seats has become unstuck from the floor. After the ducts heat up you can step on the ducts and when you pick you foot up you can here it unsticking from the floor. I have only notice this when you use the heat thru the floor ducts.
Overall I really like the truck, but some of these have just kinda gotten on my nerves, especially the radio.

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
ATC Titan said:
1. I have the radio problem, at which the dealership told me that turning on the SSV would fix. This is not the problem and I will be calling Nissan for the second time to complain about this. This is very annoying and unacceptable for a 34k vehicle.
2. I bought my vehicle at a tent sale on a bad rainy day and really didn't do a good walk around of my vehicle, so it has taken some time for me to find some of the problems. The first problem that I had was that the bottom right corner of my tailgate was broken off. I brought it back to the dealership and they told me to take it to a body shop and have them look at it and fix it. Well I tried to tell the dealership that this would be un-fixable with bondo but the told me to go anyway, so I go and within 2 seconds of looking at the body shop guy told me to tell them to get me a new tailgate. So back to the dealership I go, and after a few minutes of the sales manager, shop manager and salesman looking at it they decide that they will get me a new one. Come to find out, If they dont catch any problems within 48 hours of drop off at the dealership, the dealership has to pay out of pocket to fix things like this. Now I see why the push to just fix it with bondo. Now Im just waiting for them to call me to install the new tail gate. Also after having the vehicle for two weeks I noticed that I did not have the V 8 ENDURANCE decal on the right side of my vehicle, so just to make sure that it was supposed to have one on that side I went back by the dealership, and low and behold it does. So the next day I go back to the dealership and tell them and once again they act like its my fault. So after about 10 min they finally fill out an order form to get me one. My thoughts on this are since they are probably tired of seeing my Titan pull back on the lot maybe the next time they get more Titans in maybe they will do a better inspection of the vehicle.
3. Has anyone noticed when they turn the heat up and have the floor vents on that the ducting that runs just in front of the front seats has become unstuck from the floor. After the ducts heat up you can step on the ducts and when you pick you foot up you can here it unsticking from the floor. I have only notice this when you use the heat thru the floor ducts.
Overall I really like the truck, but some of these have just kinda gotten on my nerves, especially the radio.
yes the heater duct noise is terribble, in oticed from day 1 and have had my truck back to the dealer twice to get them to fix it, both times it seemed fixed but returned a couple days later. my truck does it passenger and driver side.

·
Registered
330 Posts
1. Radio is driving me nuts also. 2. I know the back seat belt will be easily fixed. (I hope).

Let's all stay on this radio issue. I paid extra for the RF system because I couldn't see how any other radio would fit in the dash but boy do I miss my Sony with surround features. It made my Tacoma sound unbelievable. I did take it out when I sold my other truck I would love to hear what is would do to the speaker system in the Titan.

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
I'm in this for the long run! I didn't here back from the Nissan rep yet, but I'M NOT GOING AWAY ON THIS ONE! My truck msrps at 42k.... I want FM STEREO! NOT MONO! It's Unbievable and unacceptable to me that in this day and age a company cant deliver FM STEREO! My truck has all the options on it, and I want the radio to work right. Is that too much to ask??? No I don't think so and I will keep on them until this is corrected! :readclose

1 - 4 of 4 Posts