Nissan Titan Forum banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Even then, with the distance the particles would have to travel, it would have to have a serious vacuum.

·
Premium Member
141,094 Posts
Must be. Because we read about it aplenty.

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
1- take to a stealership and check for the recalls.
2- headers
3- change the front diff
4- check for the rear vent mod, if not done, get it done and replace the rear axle seals so you can start fresh.

i think thats it (for now)

welcome

·
Registered
278 Posts
I have 216,824 miles on my 2004 LE. All trouble free with rare exception. I do change all fluids per the book! I believe it to be an old wives tale to not change it. Fluid breaks down over time.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Isn't the white smoke at start up a probable sign of coolant leaking at the head gasket?

If your going to try to get 300000 miles life out of this, I would drop trans pan and change fluid and filter. I think the pump out change of trans fluid on cooler lines is better overall, but if fluid was never changed, that process has more probability of stirring up particles that could clog orifices

At a minimum take an oil sample and get it lab analyzed to see the current state and amount of steel and contaminates in it. I don't know of a specific lab, but the airplane mechanics send in the oil to be analyzed often so look in that service area.

Let me know what you find out

·
Registered
13 Posts
As an exhaust engineer, I don't agree with any back flow from Cat upstream, there is always a positive flow at the cat. The leak COULD do 2 things, burn or melt things in the path of the escaping gas in the engine compartment, or suck in extra oxygen from the pressure pulses which COULD cause the Cat to run higher temps from the increased oxidation. However after 200000 miles that is 100000 miles past the required life of the noble metals, so I don't think there is enough left to even do normal conversion. If your state has emission testing, pay your $35 and have them sniff the tailpipe just to get a quick reference. But if your going to run for another 100000 then get it fixed for safety and noise aggravation.

·
Registered
71 Posts
At a minimum take an oil sample and get it lab analyzed to see the current state and amount of steel and contaminates in it. I don't know of a specific lab...

Blackstone Labs are, pretty much, the biggest players in the vehicle oil analysis biz. It’s $30 per sample.

They’ll be able to tell you if you’ve got coolant in your oil before even the best mechanic could see it.

https://www.blackstone-labs.com

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

21 - 28 of 28 Posts