Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First of all heres my original post if you wanna chack it out'
http://www.titantalk.com/forums/tit...131001-just-bought-brand-new-2011-pro-4x.html

Love the truck, she has about 3500 miles on her after a month and a half.
Ive done some research of the problems im havin on this forum but mostly all of it relates to previous year titans 04--8

Passanger seat shakes when driving- test drove identical new one same thing dealer said there is no fix its the fold up table top 2 joint system for that seat they all do it, they all shake.

So what would cause the seat to shake? well it seems that on the highway between 55-70mph the truck shimmers and shakes. causes the seat to shake too. but the seat also shakes side to side as well as back and forth hmmm
looking through the rear view mirror i can see the top of the tailgate bouncing. The bed is going up and down but the cab is not. seems like a couple inches when it gets going. I know i have a pro-4X and the rancho shocks are stiffer and all but geez. This is my number one consern!!!! My rams never did this but they didnt have "offroad shocks". I dont know if its frame flex or what.

some weird clunk sound happens once in a while while driving and comes from back seat floor it seems randomly on highway or in a parking lot.

Rockford fosgate sterio speaker on drivers side blew up. Bass is no higher then level 3 usually 2. i like to hear the bass listening to rock no bass o bonics rap. they r replacing one speaker. When i plug in my ipod it sounds distorted too.

Whistling coming from drivers side window speeds 20+ mph. replaced window seal. did nothing. dealer says its the tow mirrors thats what they do. sighhhhh

its a 40k truck im kinda bummed. plus it costs $20 in gas to get to the dealer and i have to keep going back.

dealer said the shake is normal its a 4x4 not a cadilac. Bed bounce hello? they balanced tires and said they didnt have to it helped but not much at all.i cant have clunk noise recreated it randomly happens once in a while.

By the way offroad with it in 4lo and the dif locked this truck is retarded insane and walks up walls with ease its kinda amazing. love her but kinda concerned about this crap already happening. Anyone have similar experiences with a new one doing any of these things and could lend me a smiggin of advice or knowledge, especially the bed bounce id appreciate it!! Thanks!!

·
Registered
6,386 Posts
I don't recall anyone posting about Bed Bounce, unlike what we saw on some other brand a few years ago. This is new to me. Frame flex? Nah, fully boxed, as others are beginning to do. It is one of the best in a half ton.

Are you referring to the rear passenger seat bouncing? We use ours constantly, but always solid.

Much better speaker system can be had, even to just replace the OEM type setup. See tech12volts, He is a sponsor here. Specializes in Titan sound. But for now, let the warranty take care of it.

Add Video of flexing of bed and seats if you can.

·
Registered
560 Posts
Ask them to road force balance your tires and write down how much road force was measured in each tire.
It is measured in psi. Everyone has different standards on what is acceptable. I would say anything 15psi and under is good ,but 10psi and less is really where you want to be.

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
Your dealer sounds like its the problem. If you were closer to Yuma, I'd have my guys look at it for you. Hope everything gets figured out. Goodluck!

·
Registered
35 Posts
my 2011 Pro4x has the passenger seat shake. My 2003 Frontier had passenger seat shake. My 1998 Frontier had passenger seat shake. My 2000 Frontier had passenger seat shake. My 1999 s-10 ZR2 had passenger seat shake. My 1994 Toyota Pickup had passenger seat shake. My 1989 Skyline does not.....whats the difference? all my trucks were 4x4.....Thats not an issue dude. Trucks shake. Try road forcing tires but honestly, its just the nature of a truck with a great suspension/frame. it means its solid.

my stereo is good to go. had mine for 7 months and have just under 7k miles. front end tight, rear end tight, fuel mileage increased drastically with aem cold air intake.

i have some wind noise too, but i know its those mirrors. think about it, they hang out quite a bit and tucked in mirrors are within the wind bubble. do you have a bug sheild? this makes the noise worse on mirrors on most trucks as it deflects the wind wider to catch the mirrors.

the truck as a whole are good trucks. petty issues are, well, petty. just keep cruising it and enjoy the badassery. its leaps and bounds above any domestic truck offered.

·
Premium Member
2,260 Posts
As far as the bed shake, check those bolts/washer/bushing combo that connects the bed to the frame. I've had some of 'em loose or missing when I got the truck new back in '05. It did cause some bed shake and rattle. I had the dealer fix it, no shake, no rattle. Might not be your problem, but it's worth a look. They're clearly visible.

L

·
Registered
2,904 Posts
Never heard of the bed shaking on the Titans, especially a PRO-4X! I'd agree with BBtruck and get underneath to see if bolts are loose and what not, chances are the techs at your stealership are incompetent.

What may be broke or a nuisance to you may not be to them.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the advice. I will def ask them to road force the tires. So u guys don't think the bed is actually flexing with the frame but the frame is hoping with the bee because there is no weight in the back? Petty **** for sure. Wonder still what that clumping is coming from?

·
Premium Member
1,168 Posts
I've seen the bed 'shake'- it is more of a bounce- my 06 SE does it and thought it was weird, but after checkin' out several other Titans I think it's 'normal'

·
Registered
2,904 Posts
I dunno... the only "bed hop" I've seen on a Titan was because the U-bolts weren't all the way tightened on the rear blocks which caused a violent bed bounce. lol

·
Registered
165 Posts
My 2011 has the seat shake thing too (very slight). I don't think it's too serious, but I did notice it. I asked my passengers if they felt it move around or bounce while they sat in it and they said no. I haven't noticed any bed movement, the truck rides super solid. As for the RF stereo, I blast mine all the time with all sorts of music, bass turned up and its still goin strong. Just wanted to give you another 2011 4X4 owners perspective.

·
Premium Member
7,675 Posts
Maybe u got a friday afternoon truck. Or a lemon they do happen from time to time

Sent from my Samsung Fascinate using the auto guide app

·
Premium Member
46,447 Posts
In Vegas? Must be another Nissan dealer there...

·
Premium Member
31,154 Posts
My old 2004 has 111K and has no pass. seat shake...:dunno:

·
Premium Member
58,765 Posts
My 06 did not have the seat shake. My 11 does.

·
Premium Member
58,765 Posts
Whistling coming from drivers side window speeds 20+ mph. replaced window seal. did nothing. dealer says its the tow mirrors thats what they do. sighhhhh
My last Titan had tow mirrors. No noise.

I also have wind noise in the right front passenger window.

I have and appointment to bring mine in Next Tuesday. We will see how that goes.

·
Premium Member
5,023 Posts
My passenger seat shakes, It's annoying but I've just gotten used to it. My 04 did the same though. Wind noise...Going down the highway and get a slight crosswind and it sounds like my doors are being ripped open. I would have taken it in to get tweaked but usually the gaps get messed up and it never looks the same after. As for the bed bounce...It happens. Mine does it all the time, especially 1st thing in the morning, that's when it's the worst. My tailgate actually bounces enough to hear it clanging. I can't duplicate it though while sitting in the driveway, I have a feeling it's just something that goes with how our beds are actually assembled. They aren't just a solid construction, nor are they welded together through the bottoms and such. I'm no expert, but that's been my guess for quite some time now. I put a cap on it over a week ago, it still bounces, just not as much.

·
Registered
6,823 Posts
Well, bed bounce and wind noise would drive me up a wall. I think having a bench seat eliminates any passenger seat shake. I should knock on wood because our 05 KC has zero wind noise and no bed shake. It's as quiet and smooth as a Cadillac at all speeds up to 90 MPH.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
ya im going to switch dealers for sure. they r giving me the run around which is fine ill just go somewhere else. Im not sure if the frame is flexing or the whole rear end is just light and stiff and is bouncing. my driverside door got assembled by a stoner or something. the window whistling noise is really really annoying the shiot outta me grrr.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts