Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
title..and found out today it has what looks like a Magnaflow catback system installed (or at least the muffler). It has been dumped and actually it sounds pretty good. I'm concerned though with the condition its in. Not only does it look like it was installed by the previous owner (3 total...) but it looks very rusted. Based off the pics do you guys think I should upgrade to a new system?

Sorry for pic quality I took them on my phone.

Attachments

·
Registered
6,823 Posts
I expanded those pics, and it looks like you have a muffler swap done to your OEM system.

·
Registered
6,823 Posts
here are some more hope they help
OK, that's definitely a muffler swap with a dual in dual out dumped. The muffler says Magnaflow on it? If so, you're set just fine.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I would really like to run the pipes out to the side and put tips on em but I don't want to dampen the sound as it is. I'm looking to go louder..not too loud but substantially louder than it is. Also, I'm looking to add a CAI in there as well. I would like to keep the project under $300 minus labor charges. I can do the CAI myself but not welding. should I just keep it dumped for now and get a CAI, or can I do both for under 3 bills (parts only)?

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
OK, that's definitely a muffler swap with a dual in dual out dumped. The muffler says Magnaflow on it? If so, you're set just fine.
yeah the muff defiantly says Magnaflow. Sweet! I paid 15,500 for it..engine is in pristine condition too. Not a bad deal for a 07 with 44k miles on her.

·
Registered
6,823 Posts
I would keep it dumped to save money and buy a used CAI. There are plenty of used intakes for sale every other week on the forum.

Reactions: \\Tight'n\\

·
Registered
3,324 Posts
Sweet! I paid 15,500 for it..engine is in pristine condition too. Not a bad deal for a 07 with 44k miles on her.
That is pretty good. When I traded my 07 in for the 2011. The dealer gave me payoff which was 19500 and it had 37k miles on it. I did put leather, exhaust, & tint on it so I guess it depends too on what model you bougt and features.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Its an SE. I think the towing package it came with was aftermarket as well. Had a really tough time finding a used black Titan in my area, when this one surfaced I had to jump on it.

·
Registered
490 Posts
Congrats and welcome.

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
Ditto on the bullet. I've gotten several compliments on the sound of my exhaust, from other titan owners and a few ford owners. You can search for dynomax bullet and find several threads about them here. Good luck and nice truck.

·
Registered
38 Posts
title..and found out today it has what looks like a Magnaflow catback system installed (or at least the muffler). It has been dumped and actually it sounds pretty good. I'm concerned though with the condition its in. Not only does it look like it was installed by the previous owner (3 total...) but it looks very rusted. Based off the pics do you guys think I should upgrade to a new system?

Sorry for pic quality I took them on my phone.
I was also lucky to find a 04 black TITAN
ZAPPER

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
congrats and welcome, I've never liked the maggys... id personally go with a borla or bullet..
I'll defiantly keep that in mind. For the time being I think I'll just keep it the way it is and invest in a CAI and see how it sounds. I'm also in the market for some black 18" off roading rims, preferably matte finish. Anyone know of a good site that finances?

edit: probably a stupid questions but...if I was to get the bullet I would need to get y pipes installed since I have the dual in dual out right?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts