Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what are the best things to start with i am looking into a cai or exhaust , i did have an 02 dodge with mods but dont know much about titan mods...how does the 40 series flowmaster sound on the titan, also who is the titan guru on here basically i want to know everything i can about this truck good or bad what mods work the best...thank you jim:)

·
Registered
3,184 Posts
just copy my mods and you will go far, former flowmaster owner here and that crap just dont work well with this motor.. jba catback, stillen long tubes, volant or aem intake and a uprev tune is all u need for N/A 13 sec 1/4 miles if you get flowmaster high 14's will be it, hehe

·
Registered
2,251 Posts
Toomnymods said:
just copy my mods and you will go far, former flowmaster owner here and that crap just dont work well with this motor.. jba catback, stillen long tubes, volant or aem intake and a uprev tune is all u need for N/A 13 sec 1/4 miles if you get flowmaster high 14's will be it, hehe

Yes do what he said. He has one of the fasted Titans I have read about. O and by the way Toomnymods, Nice work on the truck. Have you thought about the S/C??

·
Registered
662 Posts
Toomnymods said:
Why doesn't the flowmaster work well with this motor? I was considering getting flowmaster, but now you have me wondereing

·
Registered
3,184 Posts
beats me, but i do know for certain i got over .5 sec better in the 1/4 mile with banks and another .3 over the banks with the jba catback.. so nearly a full sec diffrence, it has something to do with restriction, this motor likes restriction at the y-pipe not at the muffler.. after buying 5 diffrent exhaust kits/catbacks the jba is hands down the best money can buy cause of the piping size before the y pipe is 2.25" to a single 3" after the y-pipe it maximizes exhaust velocity that gives mpg, torque, and good hp gains.. if you doubt my claims look at my latest uprev dynos i did a post on it..
http://www.titantalk.com/forums/titan-performance-modifications/58773-newly-tuned-titan-uprev-w-dyno-pics.html?highlight=uprev

in case u want video proof :)
http://videos.streetfire.net/video/6b0530dc-b34b-4c0f-9db0-996d00d5a4d8.htm

If you don't like music during videos click this one:
http://videos.streetfire.net/video/53bd2066-e16e-496c-b2a2-996e003f5154.htm

·
Registered
662 Posts
Don't doubt you, just looking for advice before I spend the money. Thanks

·
Registered
4,587 Posts
hey toomny are u talkin bout a flowmaster muffler swap or a whole flowmaster cat back change out?

I dunno, as far as sound... a 40 sounds NICE... I had it on mine for bout 2 years with an electric cutout as well and if u want nice, loud, aggressiveness... ull wanna get it...

I ended up changing mine to a 50 series now though... still loud and aggressive but not as much and lower drone at cruising and highway speeds...

oh ye and follow toomny for speed... but check out my mods to look like a PIMP...lol... :cheers:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts