Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guys I got about 75% on the shifter swap here is a video of it in action, that everyone has been waiting on for ever. As you can see in the video all the parts of the shifter are gone on the column for the post part. the rest will be covered up with the new steering wheel cover. I can shift all through the gears and now I have to get the manual mode going, but that requires some complex wiring, but when I get it I will post an other video. Now time for the new dash, captain chairs, and new gauge cluster.
Enjoy

·
Banned
1,550 Posts
Why???????

·
Registered
5,251 Posts
are you gonna have the manual mode like the maximas have? Is that the point

·
Registered
47 Posts
good job on this im glad mine came with it on the floor already or i would be doing the same as you!!! whats the $$ damage to do this ?

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
thats sick, console shfit > column shift..

Reactions: JDos1

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I am at about 250 right now, because the console was 150, and the shifter was 75, and some wire and connectors and what not. Now I am going to change out the gauge cluster, put power pedals, power heated seats, new dash and a/c controls, and Tow Mirrors and I wi;l be happy. By then it will be a SE instead of an XE. =) Does anyone know if the milage is stored in the cluster or in the trucks computer, and If I change the cluster, will it read the trans temp and battery, and all since those gauges weren't in the xe's cluster? Someone told me they were running a bullydog on an XE and it was giving him trans temp and all in the bullydog through the obd, so does that mean those sensors are there just not being used with the XE cluster? Also, anyone that has a floor console from the factory, can they tell me if when they are in drive if the park release click when you hit the brake (when in drive or neutral).

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
i'll check the park release thing on a few here when i leave for class and get back to you tonight. and i believe all titans have trans temp sensors already in the tranny, only the BT had the guages

·
Registered
9,557 Posts
Why didn't you just buy, since it's only an 08, a truck with all those things already in it? I do have to tell ya though, I envy your ability and patience with that crap....lol....if it were me, my neighbors would hear me swearing..lmao.

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
no click in drive or n that i can hear

·
Registered
17,713 Posts
I'm 'bout ready to hop through my screen and jack your gauge cluster! Lookin' good bud!

·
Registered
71 Posts
... Does anyone know if the milage is stored in the cluster or in the trucks computer...QUOTE]

I would think it's in the computer, I actually had to drive w/o my cluster(to the parts store) and it seemed as it if kept up, it deleted my trip (A/B) though.

·
Registered
13,026 Posts
... Does anyone know if the milage is stored in the cluster or in the trucks computer...QUOTE]

I would think it's in the computer, I actually had to drive w/o my cluster(to the parts store) and it seemed as it if kept up, it deleted my trip (A/B) though.

For some reason, I think I remember being it stored in the guage cluster itself. Then you have the dealer reflash it to what it really is.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts