Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have any opinions or tips about the WOT, or the speed or rev limiter? also about the shift points and every other tuning option? thanks to all who reply to this

·
Registered
36 Posts
hey jaxtitan610, good questions! i'm thinking about getting the cortex SC, also. i just wanted to add one more question here, instead of starting a new thread. can those that have this tuner also write about how convenient it is to switch between economy mode and performance modes? i drive long distances to work during the weekdays and i need to save fuel, but in the evenings and on the weekends, i'd like more performance. is the cortex tuner designed to, or capable of, switching between modes this often, or is it best to just set it and forget it? thanks for the advice and tips.

·
Registered
9 Posts
i had the programmer but returned it two wks ago.. bout the shift points, unless updated since, you won't be capable of this. i bought this programmer with the miss understanding i'd be able to change shift firmness and correct my speedo from tire size. four wks went by with me callin superchips askin bout these options and the updates, one time actually talkin to brian, the manager. every response was keep waitin, we'll have updates done soon. my last convo with them was with brian, who claims the he said id never have the tire size option so i returned it.. but for changin the settings from economy, performance, tow, an what not, that's no prob. just takes a little bit of time. an i never noticed a dif in MPG with any of these settings... maybe someones had a dif experience with this programmer, but I'm goin to the BDPP.

·
Registered
36 Posts
maybe someones had a dif experience with this programmer, but I'm goin to the BDPP.
bully dog also has the triple dog gt that just came out. supposedly does everything the power pup does and more. it seems like this will also recalibrate for tire size, but i would call bully dog to make sure. here's a link to the item at summit racing:

Bully Dog 40410 - Bully Dog Triple Dog GT Tuners

·
Registered
6 Posts
I've had my Cortex for a month now and have only tried the 87 octane and 91 octane tunes both with the Rev Limiter Raised and Speed Limiter Raised and the WOT disabled. It feels like the truck is quicker with the 87 octane. I haven't tried changing the timing yet, it looks like you can only advance the timing when you have the 91 or 93 octane tune installed. I should be getting my AEM Brute Force CAI today can't wait!!!

Reactions: jaxtitan610

·
Premium Member
23,496 Posts
Do a quick search up top for SUPERCHIPS CORTEX and the bd gt. There are a few threads from members posting about these. You may find some good info there. If any of you plan on doing headers or cams in the future you may consider uprev tuning.

·
Registered
112 Posts
bully dog also has the triple dog gt that just came out. supposedly does everything the power pup does and more. it seems like this will also recalibrate for tire size, but i would call bully dog to make sure. here's a link to the item at summit racing:

Bully Dog 40410 - Bully Dog Triple Dog GT Tuners

The BD GT does recalibrate for tire size...BUT only for its own display. It does not recalibrate the trucks speedo.

·
Registered
2,251 Posts
Good to see a local! Post up a pic so I can keep an eye out for your Titan! We got several meets that go on during the year so keep your eyes open.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts