Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just bought a 2004 Titan Crew Cab LE. It has 29,000 miles, bulletproof lift, atlas leaf springs, King coilovers and King Shocks, Volant intake, some kind of exhaust, rear DVD player, 17in rims, 35in. BFG Mud Terrains, trailer brakers, and rear air bags. When I was putting my son's chair in the center seat in the back the seatbelt would not go in. Anyways, so I took it into the Nissan dealer by my house (San Juan Capistrano Nissan) and had the free 100 point check up and they said there was a recall on the belt so they are going to fix it for free along with a new radiator cap and some hose. They also said the rear axle seal was leaking and that my front right upper and lower ball joints were shot. They said that new ones cost like 500 a piece. So I called around and got estimates for 400 to replace all four ball joints up front including labor at some off-road shops. Some shops were talkinig about upper control arms so I don't know. Does this sound right? I may have my father-in-law replace the rear axle seal because he has done some mechanic work in his life. The person I bought the truck from says this Titan was the first to get the Bulletproof lift and stuff, so I wonder if they have changed anything in the lift since then. Otherwise, everything else on the truck is awesome. Any help would be great. Thanks in advance. I'll post some pics after I give it a complete detail.

·
Registered
674 Posts
Stardumb said:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just bought a 2004 Titan Crew Cab LE. It has 29,000 miles, bulletproof lift, atlas leaf springs, King coilovers and King Shocks, Volant intake, some kind of exhaust, rear DVD player, 17in rims, 35in. BFG Mud Terrains, trailer brakers, and rear air bags. When I was putting my son's chair in the center seat in the back the seatbelt would not go in. Anyways, so I took it into the Nissan dealer by my house (San Juan Capistrano Nissan) and had the free 100 point check up and they said there was a recall on the belt so they are going to fix it for free along with a new radiator cap and some hose. They also said the rear axle seal was leaking and that my front right upper and lower ball joints were shot. They said that new ones cost like 500 a piece. So I called around and got estimates for 400 to replace all four ball joints up front including labor at some off-road shops. Some shops were talkinig about upper control arms so I don't know. Does this sound right? I may have my father-in-law replace the rear axle seal because he has done some mechanic work in his life. The person I bought the truck from says this Titan was the first to get the Bulletproof lift and stuff, so I wonder if they have changed anything in the lift since then. Otherwise, everything else on the truck is awesome. Any help would be great. Thanks in advance. I'll post some pics after I give it a complete detail.

Beware that the 04 was the first year and there were some issues with that year....alot of guys had rear ends go out and they always leak.....check out the forum and do some reading....hope you the best. There awsome trucks.

·
Registered
560 Posts
That rear axle seal should be a warranty item.

Truck has factory 5 year 60k pwertrain warranty ,and the diff is included in the powertrain.
This is a known issue as well.

Get the dealer to do that seal.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Stardumb said:
The dealer said they would not do it because of the lift.
BS.

They have to prove the lift caused the diff leak, and believe you me, with about a 1/2 hour of your time and a printer you can print out lots and lots of complaints to take over to them and show them that this was not caused by the lift.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts