Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got a new iPad 2 and have to say, I love it. I have had an iPhone for a few years and wanted one since they came out. It is very nice. If you are on the fence about buying one, do it!

·
Vendor
32,925 Posts
Just got a new iPad 2 and have to say, I love it. I have had an iPhone for a few years and wanted one since they came out. It is very nice. If you are on the fence about buying one, do it!
FedEx dropped mine off this morning. I had a first Gen for a couple weeks ( Xmas gift ) and decided to return because this one was coming out.

I really like this one, much faster, the cameras work well.

I second your comment about getting it. This is a must have for techies.

·
Registered
236 Posts
I placed my order for a black 16gb wifi.. ordered it literally 3 hours after it went on sale. Must have been too late.. because it's not shipping until April 1st :(

·
Registered
608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I ordered mine off eBay, paid roughly 100 more than retail but I also ordered one from apple and they pushed the shipping date from 5 days to 4 weeks so I figured 100 bucks to get it now wasnt that bad.

·
Registered
3,781 Posts
I sold my iPad a couple weeks ago and ordered the new one 10 minutes after online sales started. STILL HASN'T SHIPPED! :( Says I should expect it between the 18th-25th. They're pretty amazing devices. I'm still in school and the iPad has changed the way I study.

·
Registered
360 Posts
I have a 1st Gen one and like it well enough. Getting the iPhone 5 when it comes out late June. I recently got Apple TV though and that is a sweet little thing if you have a lot of content on your other devices. It streams seamlessly from my iPhone, iPad and MacBook Pro. For the price you really cannot beat it!

·
Registered
3,781 Posts
I ordered mine at 12:30am Friday morning.

Lurch did you order a 3G one?

My buddy ordered 10 minutes after me but 3G and hasn't gotten an email. Not sure the 3G models shipped yet or when they are. He's calling tomorrow to see what's going on
Nah man I can't justify a 3G model since I'm covered by wifi 95% of the time.

Also, mine shipped this morning. Woohoo!

·
Registered
3,781 Posts
I have a 1st Gen one and like it well enough. Getting the iPhone 5 when it comes out late June. I recently got Apple TV though and that is a sweet little thing if you have a lot of content on your other devices. It streams seamlessly from my iPhone, iPad and MacBook Pro. For the price you really cannot beat it!
Ditto man I love appleTV. Picked up a MacBook Air recently too, after selling my 4 1/2 yr old blackbook for $550! (Unfortunately I also had to liquidate my coilover fund to afford the Air, but this thing is way more fun than a set of shocks, haha)

·
Registered
236 Posts
I can tell ya.. my friend works for an Apple store, and he said that the majority buy the wifi model - because not only can you use wifi, but you can tether your phone and go online that way too. I don't really see why people buy the 3G version. Seems like a waste of money to me.

I bought a 27" iMac last year. I absolutely LOVE Apple products. I'd never own a PC again.

·
Registered
2,311 Posts
I just don't know what I'd do with an iPad...

·
Registered
1,633 Posts
What do you guys use these things for? Seems too big to be carrying around. Wired magazine says the cameras suck bad, is that true?

·
Registered
3,781 Posts
I just don't know what I'd do with an iPad...
The biggest thing I use it for is the iAnnotate app. I save all my dental school materials (powerpoints, docs, etc) as PDF's and sync them to my iPad with Dropbox. iAnnotate lets me take notes by drawing on the slides or writing/typing on them. Then I save and sync with Dropbox again. The documents are then available to my iPhone 4 or any other internet-connected device that I use. You can also use it to sign a PDF document that someone sends you, then email it back to them. You can save a copy of your signature for this purpose. Much better than having to print out the document, sign it, then fax it back.
I also use it to store photos of my case documentations and other stuff ~ it's really nice to have that on me. I can use it for patient education; showing pics and video of procedures they are curious about. Of course I also use it for internet browsing, and there are some pretty awesome games for it as well. OH, and you can read books on it too ;).

Basically, I use it much more than I thought I would. When they were first introduced I was seriously underwhelmed. I thought it was such a gay device, lol. BUT, after playing around with one for a few minutes I began to see how useful it could be.

·
Registered
9,557 Posts
Just bought my 17 yr old son one. But I have to say...I don't get the whole "I have to have half a laptop" mindset...lol. It's less than a laptop, and too big to do anything with...can't throw it in a pocket etc. Just get a smartphone...they do the same things!...a bit of an expensive item I bought for not liking them I know...lol

·
Registered
11,152 Posts
Need to know if the iPad2 is truly multitasking capable? First gen iPad would only allow you to see one app at a single time. The multitask bar when double tapping was great and all but at the end you could only have a single app running a one time. So, can the iPad2 run 2 or 3 apps the same time on the screen side by side.

Blackberry Playbook can run a high def movie and be doing email or browsing the WEB at the same time on the same screen.

·
Premium Member
37,152 Posts
Need to know if the iPad2 is truly multitasking capable? First gen iPad would only allow you to see one app at a single time. The multitask bar when double tapping was great and all but at the end you could only have a single app running a one time. So, can the iPad2 run 2 or 3 apps the same time on the screen side by side.

Blackberry Playbook can run a high def movie and be doing email or browsing the WEB at the same time on the same screen.
Nope, same OS as the first one. Haven't heard of any plans by Apple to change the way their implementation of "multitasking" works.

·
Registered
893 Posts
My girl works at Verizon and asked me if I wanted it as a birthday gift. I love the idea but neow wheels sound better

1 - 20 of 20 Posts