Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got back from my first oil change at 996 miles. I told them about my pinging sound, and that I wanted them to diagnose it. They told me that they found a loose exhaust clamp and tightened it down. They told me they then started it up and listened for the pinging. They could hear it on the lift. (As luck would have it, it was doing it today) I was told it's coming from the catalytic converter, and that many of them make that sound and it generally gets better over time. I was told that if it gets worse, or there is no improvement at all within 5 - 6k miles, to bring it back and they'll look for another possible cause, but they're 99% certain it's the cat...

Also, the passenger seatbelt locks REALLY easily. I asked them to look at it. They agree that it locks too easily and ordered a new one for me.

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
stevnmd said:
Just got back from my first oil change at 996 miles. I told them about my pinging sound, and that I wanted them to diagnose it. They told me that they found a loose exhaust clamp and tightened it down. They told me they then started it up and listened for the pinging. They could hear it on the lift. (As luck would have it, it was doing it today) I was told it's coming from the catalytic converter, and that many of them make that sound and it generally gets better over time. I was told that if it gets worse, or there is no improvement at all within 5 - 6k miles, to bring it back and they'll look for another possible cause, but they're 99% certain it's the cat...

Also, the passenger seatbelt locks REALLY easily. I asked them to look at it. They agree that it locks too easily and ordered a new one for me.
stevnmud..... Was wondering if you had them listen to that air noise comming from lower dash area?

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I briefly mentioned it and the service guy stopped me mid-sentece. He said, "Yeah, the suction noise... Trust me, it's meant to do that. I've had 5 people ask me about it now, but all on the Armadas..."

I think he answered my question quite "to the point". :)

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
stevnmd said:
I briefly mentioned it and the service guy stopped me mid-sentece. He said, "Yeah, the suction noise... Trust me, it's meant to do that. I've had 5 people ask me about it now, but all on the Armadas..."

I think he answered my question quite "to the point". :)
Thanks for letting me know that its the norm... My truck is running so well I'm glad I wont have to bring it in for this!.. thanks again! :)

·
Premium Member
2,763 Posts
stevnmd said:

You got yours in 4 miles before I did but I have only had mine for 10 days. I took mine in at 1,000 miles. I had them apply the protection package at the same time. Fortunately I haven't had any noise issues so far.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Stevnmd,
Glad to hear all is well regarding the "ticking" noise.

I read your other post about the scratch and can feel your pain, not as bad but feel it none the less. I was detailing my Titan yesterday and came across a couple of small 1" scratches on the exterior lock box door from where the dealer had it parked (next to some bushes and a snow bank). Nothing i can't buff out, but still irritating.

Also found a couple very light scratches on the bed from where twigs had brushed up against the paint. Again nothing i can't buff out myself, but still irritating.

The last thing i noticed was one of my wheels had a gouge in it from when they put the wheel locks on. Only about 1/8" long, but this one i can't buff out. I'll probably fill it with some SuperGlue or clear paint to keep it from peeling the clearcoat over time.

I guess this is expected when we buy in the winter after some heavy snowfalls. Can't fault the dealer for the weather and parking problems.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts