Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So is it recommended that I wipe the Superchips tune prior to taking it in?

Along with other engine add-ons and big stereos I feel most service staff find these non factory additions an easy way to blame whatever ails our rides.

·
Registered
6,823 Posts
So is it recommended that I wipe the Superchips tune prior to taking it in?

Along with other engine add-ons and big stereos I feel most service staff find these non factory additions an easy way to blame whatever ails our rides.
It's not necessary to remove the Superchips tuning. They only replace a plug in relay that only takes a few minutes.

·
Registered
678 Posts
Yeah, I was pretty upset when I realized this was just the relay. I had to replace my ECM in '09 and it cost me $850. When I first saw the recall I thought it was for the ECM :-(

·
Registered
240 Posts
Yeah, I was pretty upset when I realized this was just the relay. I had to replace my ECM in '09 and it cost me $850. When I first saw the recall I thought it was for the ECM :-(
From what I've heard, if you have the documentation from when you replace the whole ECM then they will reimburse you.

·
Registered
678 Posts
Holy crap! Seriously? I found my receipt in my glove box! Where did you hear that? I called my local dealership and they said it wasn't for the ECM, just the relay. That would be awesome!!

·
Registered
240 Posts
You would probably have to seek compensation from Nissan directly. I've heard it on the forum, but give Nissan Corporate a call.

·
Registered
6,823 Posts
The ECM has a 8yr/80,000 mile warranty. Now if you paid for IPDM board replacement that houses the recall relay, then you will be reimbursed 100%.

Reactions: The End

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Image of the recall notice attached

Attachments

·
Registered
678 Posts
So does that mean I might be reimbursed? I called Nissan last Friday and they set up a file for me and told me to set up an appointment with my local dealership. When I called the dealership they said it wasn't the ECM, but the relay. Guess I need to call Nissan back.

·
Registered
240 Posts
If it was the relay then you most likely replaced the whole IPDM, which is what the recall is for. What does it say on your receipt?

·
Registered
678 Posts
It says:

Diag T04 $75.00
23710-ZH12A (Engine Control) $601.28

(1) CS vehicle would not start
spins and not start
diag and replaced ECM. Had no communication with ECM
Internal failure. Reprogrammed all keys to vehicle

·
Registered
678 Posts
I called Nissan and spoke to a lady that I could barely understand (always have to love that) and she said I would need to take my truck in, get the recall performed so they could close it out. Then fax the recall receipt along with the original ECM replacement receipt to Nissans reimbursement claim office and they would make the decision. I guess it doesn't hurt to try :)

·
Registered
678 Posts
Yeah, back then I didn't do much myself, but that has all changed over the past year or so. I've learned there are so many things that can be done DIY and save hundreds and thousands of dollars. The best way to learn is from your mistakes :)

·
Registered
183 Posts
I got the same story when I called Nissan - they said to have the dealer verify the part had been replaced - and note it in their system that the Recall has been performed.

I didn't take the receipt in - service manager stapled his business card to my recall notice - to say he verified it...

I went on Nissanassist.com - and faxed my receipts and reimbursement form to the given number - so we shall see how that works

1 - 20 of 26 Posts