Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got the American racing Teflon Thug's put on. I'm going to wash the truck and post some pictures in a bit. I wanted to build a little suspense for you.

I like the rims but the ones I ordered off the American Racing website rub on my calpiher. The tire sop had to put a .5 inch spacer on it. The lug nuts supplied did not work either. I'm a little pissed about that but I will take it up with American Racing. Off to get it washed so you boy's can see the new shoes.

·
Registered
795 Posts
I had the same problem. I had to wait a month for the thugs and they ended up rubbing my caliper as well. I went with the rockstars instead as I didnt want to run a spacer. Love the thugs though. Cant wait to seem em.

AR needs to get their **** in order though cuz they're specs dont work for the Titan.

·
Registered
6,182 Posts
I'm assuming 17s for rubbing?
And if I had to guess the second ones listed below?
3991-78583 17x8.5 -6 4 1/2 6-5 1/2 2WD & 4WD
3991-78538A 17x8.5 15 5 3/8 6-5 1/2 06-on GM Truck
3991-78538 17x8.5 -6 4 1/2 6-5 1/2 88-on GM Truck

How much of the calipers would have needed to be ground?

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well here they are. I got them prettied up. I got the 3991-78538A 17x8.5 15 5 3/8 6-5 1/2 06 Just like the web site said. I looked at the calipher and I shouldn't have to grind too much off. I will try it another day. I'm just pissed that American racing spec's are wrong.:flame: I waited about 2 months on them.

The next thing is Debadge and get the tint done on the driver's side. What do you guy's think? Be honest. I'm going for the urban assualt look. I will probably get a 4 inch lift next year and bigger tires. I like the Teflon because the winter makes Chrome a PIA to take care of here. I just wanted to try something different. :smokingco

Attachments

·
Registered
6,182 Posts
AF-Medic said:
Well here they are. I got them prettied up. I got the 3991-78538A 17x8.5 15 5 3/8 6-5 1/2 06 Just like the web site said. I looked at the calipher and I shouldn't have to grind too much off. I will try it another day. I'm just pissed that American racing spec's are wrong.:flame: I waited about 2 months on them.

The next thing is Debadge and get the tint done on the driver's side. What do you guy's think? Be honest. I'm going for the urban assualt look. I will probably get a 4 inch lift next year and bigger tires. I like the Teflon because the winter makes Chrome a PIA to take care of here. I just wanted to try something different. :smokingco
In general I like the badges left on a Titan, but that '05 and up, giant "V8 Titan" on the door would definitely be gone from my Titan. Same with the white letters out on the tires. Maybe the Off Road stickers since your after the Urban A vehicle look. Tint would look better, but I'd stay within your state's legal limits.

The wheels look great!

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Just Debadged it, Made a huge difference.

Badges are for sale now. Make offer

Attachments

·
Registered
2,337 Posts
It's looking good!!! Now all you gotta do is take your rig back to the place that put your tires and ask them what the heck were they thinking with the white letters on the outside............

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yscty said:
It's looking good!!! Now all you gotta do is take your rig back to the place that put your tires and ask them what the heck were they thinking with the white letters on the outside............

They didn't ask and I didn't tell them to put black wall out. I'm not going to pay the swap out fee. I will wear them out soon and get some new ones anyway's. Hopefully American Racing will send me the right rim for the fronts and I will get them swapped out for free. Anyone know of any hazards of running 1/2 spacer/:clap:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts