Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
682 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
first off. vegastitan21 and i are friends. he has a KC 2x4 and i have a CC 4x4.
when we both had just a banks exhaust i would pull him of the line hard then he would start to creep back a little. since we have last raced he added a helix TBS and 35" nitto terra grappler tires and the timing advance. i raced him tonight and he pulls me hard from start to finish, so i was like HELL no. so i took my truck to the dealer tonight to have it done. when i got it back i couldnt tell a difference. so i go home and i race my Girl friends 4.0 mustang and she starts to pull on me. but before the advance i used to pull her. is there anyway that they could have set the timing the wrong way? i wouldnt think so i just wanted to make sure. i would highly dbout that that the 35"s would make him faster. if it continues to be like this im going to reset my ecu. i have a TBS arriving this friday. i need tires so a 35" is what im going to go with.... chime in guys and tell me what you think. i cant be having this n e more.

BTW the dealer also said that the TBS makes a big improvment on out titans. i dont know how much it can make but i thought that id let you all know. thanks again, clint

·
Registered
268 Posts
It wouldn't surprise me if Planet Nissan did it they are a bunch of idiots!! Weren't you running better than him out at Mayhem?

·
Registered
682 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Titan5683 said:
It wouldn't surprise me if Planet Nissan did it they are a bunch of idiots!! Weren't you running better than him out at Mayhem?
yeah i was. i was running a 15.4 to his 15.6
and what do you know planet nissan did do it

·
Registered
268 Posts
" Every car in the world has a 4k rpm rev limiter"- Mike Fotie, Service Manager @ Planet Nissan. I helped this guy get demoted by the way

I always talk to Jose he is a really good dude, who did you talk to?

I was just in there tonight because they are going to have to replace the motor in my Altima due to excessive oil consumption, 1.5 qts in 380 miles.

·
Banned
1,269 Posts
I felt the same way after I got my advance. I didn't notice a thing, I honestly don't think the tech did it right. So I'm hoping that someone that shows up to the GTG next Friday here in Ennis TX will be able to tell me if its really there and if its not there then to hook me up with the advance.

·
Registered
682 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
jose is the one that took my order. i called them back after i got it done just to make sure that they did it right. hes the one that said the TBS would help me out a lot. i might go back tomorrow and show them directions on how to do it step for step. i wonder if they will let me go in the back and let look at the consult machine over there shoulder while they do it.

im not sure who actually did the advance in the shop though.

·
Registered
682 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
vegastitan21 said:
i wonder if they even did mine correctly
Shut up son

·
Registered
268 Posts
I am pretty sure they will unless they are trying to hide something. Jose always takes me in the shop if he needs to show me something. He also told me the spacer does wonders. He is a car junkie just like us all, he has a pretty nice little EVO VIII that he drives. What did they charge you by the way, $95?

Will you guys be out at the track this friday? My truck is finally fixed now

·
Registered
682 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
i know vegas and i will. they only charged vegas and it 45$

·
Registered
268 Posts
They told me one hour labor those b*****s.

I will see you guys out there then

·
Registered
268 Posts
What area of town do you guys live in, I am in Silverstone Ranch if you know where that is. I never see you guys driving around

·
Registered
682 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Titan5683 said:
What area of town do you guys live in, I am in Silverstone Ranch if you know where that is. I never see you guys driving around
we are both in the cheyenne and 95 area

·
Registered
682 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
hopefully tomorrow nissan will be able to let me verify the advance while they do it

·
Registered
268 Posts
Ok, well good luck getting your truck squared away. Keep us posted

·
Registered
69 Posts
If you got the advance done... Ask for the print out. It will say right on it what had been done. Also, a dead give a way is the lower rpm idle.

1 - 20 of 65 Posts