Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My buddy just got an 04 350z. He's talkin a lot of ****. I know he has a right to cuz he is faster as of now... but how much faster is a 350z than an 04 titan with just a CAI? and i'm getting magnaflows thursday... i know this will help... but how much? 2* also coming soon

·
Premium Member
141,094 Posts
Fuggedabout it.
That's how fast they are.

·
Registered
268 Posts
If you can drive you will give him a good run. My prediction is if he is all stock you will burn him off the line, after that is dependent on him. Haven't raced one in my truck yet but my car spanks them. And my truck is faster than my car off the line. They are heavier than you think. Good luck!

·
Registered
202 Posts
Titan5683 said:
If you can drive you will give him a good run. My prediction is if he is all stock you will burn him off the line, after that is dependent on him. Haven't raced one in my truck yet but my car spanks them. And my truck is faster than my car off the line. They are heavier than you think. Good luck!
have not raced altima, yet but it should be a close race. my 350z has 17 more hp than the altima. if i get around vegas, i let you know so we can try to line up.

·
Registered
94 Posts
I am a moderator of a 350z forum, so...let's just say I'm familiar with them.

The average 1/4 mile time is about a 14.1, but 04s have gone as fast as 13.6. Any which way, not really Titan territory (I say this with no bias as I love both vehicles).

And the 2007 ones are even faster.

·
Banned
343 Posts
raced one and beat it thru first, then he passed me and put 3-4 lenghts on me at 100. dont even waste your gas...

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
zo6freak said:
raced one and beat it thru first, then he passed me and put 3-4 lenghts on me at 100. dont even waste your gas...
Did you do that with your cheby or Z06?

·
Banned
343 Posts
lol my truck. the vette would kill a 350. I love it when i see one with dealer tags and he thinks hes all bad ***... then i bust his bubble for him. same thing happens to those guys that drive those S2000's. hahaha

·
Registered
268 Posts
so. cal. vet said:
have not raced altima, yet but it should be a close race. my 350z has 17 more hp than the altima. if i get around vegas, i let you know so we can try to line up.
That would be cool. I have raced numerous ones out here in the Altima and I have not lost yet not sure if they had any mods or not, so hopefully it doesn't come across as i'm trying to bash on them. I love the handling of the Z. All my point is with my car is that they are a couple 100 lbs heavier than I am and I don't have as much driveline loss compared to it's RWD setup. Out here I have not seen one 350z get under a mid 14 ET at the track. I am not sure if it's the heat or the elevation (almost 3000') or driver. The best ever I was able to pull off with my car before I started having problems with it was a [email protected] Don't know what your car runs but I guess I can give you an idea of what the race would be like by giving you my time. I feel it is very strong for the little bit that I have done to it.

·
Registered
9,557 Posts
LMAO....why the heII are you looking to race a Z in a Titan?! 0-60 is in the mid 5s....lol....he'll embarass the crap outta you! (pay no attention to anyone claiming to beat one off the line in a Titan...that one was parked). Why are you driving a 1/2 ton pickup if what you really want is a sports car. Our trucks are fast....for trucks though. Start stepping that far out of your element, and you'll all too soon be disappointed.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I just sold my 06 350z. I truly wasn't impressed after 3,000 miles which is one of the reasons why I sold it. Top-end it would fly but off the line it was slow IMHO. I kicked around the idea of going SC or TT but decided I would be better off with a C6 or possibly the new Camaro next year.

·
Banned
343 Posts
eatmorchikin said:
I just sold my 06 350z. I truly wasn't impressed after 3,000 miles which is one of the reasons why I sold it. Top-end it would fly but off the line it was slow IMHO. I kicked around the idea of going SC or TT but decided I would be better off with a C6 or possibly the new Camaro next year.
now thats what i like to hear!!! You wont be disappointed my friend!

·
Registered
45 Posts
eatmorchikin said:
c6 all the way man

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
HudsonValley... i know i cant beat him. i was just curious cuz he was talkin like he could walk all over a vette Z06.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Jond983 said:
does anyone know what the 350z can do in the quarter in stock form
try post 6 :)

·
Banned
343 Posts
hobbsy said:
HudsonValley... i know i cant beat him. i was just curious cuz he was talkin like he could walk all over a vette Z06.

Thats the funniest thing ive ever heard...

·
Registered
223 Posts
A good friend of mine has the 04 Infiniti G35 coupe. After I got my timing advanced, we ran once, and once is all I need to run. I didn't want to boost his ego too much. He walked away from me pretty quickly. But, he is small sports car, and I am a big 4x4 heavy pick up.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts