Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just installed volant intake i was just wonderin if the whistle sound is normal?? if anybody has a volant intake that can answer my question it would be of greatly appreciated

·
Registered
384 Posts
Check and make sure everything is tight, the whistle could be an air leak.

Reactions: FMORALES8788

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
every CAI ive ever had or heard makes a whistle sound at some rpms. idk about volant but most CAI get rid of the resonator which is why it makes that sound. but yes do still look for a leak just in case since our MAF sits so far north.

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
I just put one on mine and I havent noticed a whistle from mine. But I do ride with the windows down most of the time so that may have drowned it out and I just couldnt head it

·
Premium Member
21,317 Posts
Nope, no whistle on mine. If the Airaid throttle body spacer was still on there then I would have a whistle. But I removed that a couple years ago because it didn't seem to provide any performance improvement.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Nope, no whistle on mine. If the Airaid throttle body spacer was still on there then I would have a whistle. But I removed that a couple years ago because it didn't seem to provide any performance improvement.
Yea it was the spacer i had installed a while back i removed it and it sounds good now. The whistle noise well it was more of a hisss sound was coming from spacer

·
Registered
135 Posts
Have you noticed any performance/mileage gains? I just ordered my Volant this morning from Autoanything. They gave me $20 bucks off the system and free shipping, Volant is also giving $20 rebate on their systems, so it was not a bad deal overall.

I had a muffler installed early on and think that I need to open up the intake to balance out the system. My mileage dropped to 11.2. Hopefully, the intake will help.

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
if i drive sensably i got a little bit of an increase in milage(maybe 1-2mpg) but with the intake and exhaust its soo hard to keep my foot out of it lol

·
Registered
81 Posts
if i drive sensably i got a little bit of an increase in milage(maybe 1-2mpg) but with the intake and exhaust its soo hard to keep my foot out of it lol
I hear ya man. If anyone gets within 2 car links of me I think to myself "Oh, yeah, they want to race!" haa

Reactions: IbChris

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
I hear ya man. If anyone gets within 2 car links of me I think to myself "Oh, yeah, they want to race!" haa
haha me to. i had some young kid in a newer explorer give me the stink eye at a light and he took off when it turned green so i floored it. i was at about 4500rpm right under an overpass and the banks and the volant were singing a sweet song right in his driver side window. the look on his face was priceless! oh and i raped his explorer lol

·
Registered
81 Posts
haha me to. i had some young kid in a newer explorer give me the stink eye at a light and he took off when it turned green so i floored it. i was at about 4500rpm right under an overpass and the banks and the volant were singing a sweet song right in his driver side window. the look on his face was priceless! oh and i raped his explorer lol
Don't you love when that happens!? I was heading home from work yesterday with my cruise set on 80 when an older Dodge crept up on my @$$ and stayed there for a cpl mile. When he decided he has enough balls to pass my T said no no lol.... Pretty sure he dropped it to 70. Brought to you by Volant lol

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
Don't you love when that happens!? I was heading home from work yesterday with my cruise set on 80 when an older Dodge crept up on my @$$ and stayed there for a cpl mile. When he decided he has enough balls to pass my T said no no lol.... Pretty sure he dropped it to 70. Brought to you by Volant lol
It's a good feeling haha

1 - 14 of 14 Posts