Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys i just installed the the w205 unit and of course i have a video probelm. do i need to buy the pac video bypass or is their any other way of making the video work while driving.
and yes once the whole system is in pics will be uploaded,..
 

·
Supporting Vendor (Gold)
Joined
·
5,015 Posts
pacx12 said:
hey guys i just installed the the w205 unit and of course i have a video probelm. do i need to buy the pac video bypass or is their any other way of making the video work while driving.
and yes once the whole system is in pics will be uploaded,..
yep its the only way. i sell them by the way
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
952 Posts
Its not the only way, I had it set to a toggle switch, just had to switch it on and off 3 times and worked fine till I shut off the truck. But I installed the Pac, and that’s the way to go.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
61 Posts
I know where I live that the fuzz will yank you if they see the video playing up front while the car is moving.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
168 Posts
locoeng said:
I know where I live that the fuzz will yank you if they see the video playing up front while the car is moving.
It's illegal in California too. I'm somewhat certain it's illegal in all other states too.

Whether or not it's illegal, you're still going to have people doing it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
61 Posts
timid1 said:
It's illegal in California too. I'm somewhat certain it's illegal in all other states too.

Whether or not it's illegal, you're still going to have people doing it.
I totally agree....someone will find a work around if there is one to be had. I just wanted to point out the implications.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,725 Posts
pacx12 said:
cant i just ground the parking cable and the video will always be active??
not on alpines. it's several steps to defeat it.

as far as illegal, if the driver can see it while driving then it's an issue.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
94 Posts
So how much is the pacs bypass?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
16 Posts
It's illegal to have anything other than 'information' in view of the driver. i.e. navigation, telemetry, digital guages. Sorry, you are not allowed to watch that documentary on the mating habits of the arctic penguin even though it might be informative.:)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
737 Posts
alpine requires you to depress and hold the foot brake pedal while you pump the parking brake 3 full cycles (leave engaged) before you can let go of the foot brake to get video. this must be done every time the car is restarted. if you do not want to buy the relay, you can wire the foot brake wire to the pedal and the parking brake wire to an on/off switch that is grounded to the car on the other terminal. you then step on the foot brake, flip the switch 3 times and that should do it. you could also use a switch for the foot brake but you will need an ignition source instead of ground.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
596 Posts
BonEvil said:
It's illegal to have anything other than 'information' in view of the driver. i.e. navigation, telemetry, digital guages. Sorry, you are not allowed to watch that documentary on the mating habits of the arctic penguin even though it might be informative.:)
yo dude be careful there is a helmet law in ga nice ride.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
after the install my airbag indicator blinks when im driving, not the passenger one but the one where the spedometer is, anyone know how to fix this?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
140 Posts
I don't know about the 205 but the 200 had to have the video enabled so you could adjust the time, bass, treble, and many of the settings of the unit. So you either have to pull over, park, pump the brake, and then change your bass level then go or use the PAC switch. The toggle switch is a cool DIY for MacGyver but why go through all that every time you get in the vehicle? Install the PAC and forget about it, done.

While I can't argue with your ethics and morals in terms of the the legality of having a video screen in the front and watching Old School while driving home from work, I can tell you that the screen sits just at or below the window opening and with the height of the truck its hard for other to see it on while driving. At night is a different story...
 
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Top